green hornet is offline Starter

#1 rushing defense in the NFL

Everyone always talked about the vikings great wall of run defense, but The Packers?? Who saw that coming. I guess a Good D Coordinator is worth the money.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re:#1 rushing defense in the NFL

Packers defense definitely surprised me this season... but let's see if they can have the best run-D three seasons straight.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I saw that. Props. I wonder if your home field contributes to that. A cold, frozen, slippery field makes it hard to run.

I am happy that the Vikings rose up to #2 on Sunday. We might not have extended our rushing D title to 4 years, but I think we are still pretty damn respectable. And we do it in a dome, where the advantage goes to the runner...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

#1 against the rush in a passing league :lol: , well they are 5th against the pass as well and 2nd overall D in the league which is pretty big deal with the way they redid the scheme this year.

They also are #1 with sacks given up @ 51 and have to keep Aaron clean to keep things going in January. I wonder if Jared Allen wants to see Aaron before the end of the month, he seems to enjoy greeting him in the backfield.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

vikinggreg wrote:
    #1 against the rush in a passing league :lol: , well they are 5th against the pass as well and 2nd overall D in the league which is pretty big deal with the way they redid the scheme this year.

They also are #1 with sacks given up @ 51 and have to keep Aaron clean to keep things going in January. I wonder if Jared Allen wants to see Aaron before the end of the month, he seems to enjoy greeting him in the backfield.
    I guess we shouldn't mention that Minnesota finished #1 in sacks? Thanks Aaron!!!
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Good for you guys ... will probably amount to the same amount of playoff wins it has for us the last three seasons.
    None

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Midge Resurrected wrote:
    Good for you guys ... will probably amount to the same amount of playoff wins it has for us the last three seasons.
    lol, ouch.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

vikinggreg wrote:
    They also are #1 with sacks given up @ 51 and have to keep Aaron clean to keep things going in January.
    I'd be curious to see how the Packers fared in terms of allowing sacks in the last 6-8 games of the year. Don't know the exact figures off the top of my head, but it seems to me that Rodgers has not been getting sacked an inordinate amount of times lately. Maybe Tauscher and Clifton getting healthy (?) has improved pass protection dramatically, and Rodgers is no longer holding onto the ball too long.

At any rate, I wouldn't necessarily expect a third meeting to produce such dominance of the the Vikings D-line as it showed in the first two.

EDIT: In the first nine games of the season, Rodgers was sacked 41 times. In the final seven games of the season (four of which were on the road), he was sacked 9 times. A HUGE difference! Note that three of those final seven games were against San Francisco, Pittsburgh, and Arizona...who all finished in the top six in the NFL in terms of sacks.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

purplepat wrote:
    I'd be curious to see how the Packers fared in terms of allowing sacks in the last 6-8 games of the year. Don't know the exact figures off the top of my head, but it seems to me that Rodgers has not been getting sacked an inordinate amount of times lately. Maybe Tauscher and Clifton getting healthy (?) has improved pass protection dramatically, and Rodgers is no longer holding onto the ball too long.

At any rate, I wouldn't necessarily expect a third meeting to produce such dominance of the the Vikings D-line as it showed in the first two.

EDIT: In the first nine games of the season, Rodgers was sacked 41 times. In the final seven games of the season (four of which were on the road), he was sacked 9 times. A HUGE difference! Note that three of those final seven games were against San Francisco, Pittsburgh, and Arizona...who all finished in the top six in the NFL in terms of sacks.
    Good stuff Pat.

I know I've been mildly suprised with how that defense has come together, and have said a few times that thier OL has finally gelled now that Mars boy Tauscher and Clifton are back.

I for one don't think they are the same team we beat twice. Anyone who thinks the first two games are a good benchmark as to how easy it will be to face them again might just be wearing the ole purple glasses a shade darker than normal.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg