Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: #1 Receiver?

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Hunter in the first, trade back your 2nd 1st into the early 2nd. Select a DT and then select Woods with our other 2nd. Use the two 3rd rounders to address team needs. Take a change on some character guys with your 5th and 6th picks.

So easy a caveman can do it.

A WR corps of Woods, Hunter, Simpon, Wright, Childs would make me shut up for 3 years.

A New DT to develop and replace KW would make me happy.
    Expect us to spend a 5th on a new punter.

Hunter? Isn't he more of just a catch kinda receiver? Meaning he doesn't have a lot of speed, doesn't get separation, and goes down on initial contact? I haven't seen much of him, but that is what it looked like to me when I saw some highlights on him.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Last season he was coming off a knee injury and didn't get rolling till late in the season. He looks to be full back by running a 4.41 at a legitimate 6'4. Attacks the ball at it's hieght. He is what we need more than Patterson who is a body catcher.

Tennessee WR Justin Hunter 2012 Highlights

Explosive former track athlethe.
    Justin Hunter 2011 Tribute - YouTube

drakkar is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Hunter? Isn't he more of just a catch kinda receiver? Meaning he doesn't have a lot of speed, doesn't get separation, and goes down on initial contact? I haven't seen much of him, but that is what it looked like to me when I saw some highlights on him.
    hunter also had a lot of drops last year.

purplejokr is offline Rookie

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by drakkar View Post
    hunter also had a lot of drops last year.
    Not that hard to understand from a guy coming off an injury. Sometimes, its mental.
    His hands are great however. Just mental lapses from the injury.

Last season he was coming off a knee injury and didn't get rolling till late in the season. He looks to be full back by running a 4.41 at a legitimate 6'4. Attacks the ball at it's hieght. He is what we need more than Patterson who is a body catcher.

I will take a look, thanks man.

Watched his 2012 highlights. I guess I am not impressed with him. Wouldn't hate the idea of having him, but I think Keenan Allen would be a better fit here. Now if we could get Allen with one of the 1st rd picks, and if Hunter was available in the 2nd rd, that would be cool. I really like the explosiveness of Tavon Austin as well. I think he is a lot like Harvin.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Watched his 2012 highlights. I guess I am not impressed with him. Wouldn't hate the idea of having him, but I think Keenan Allen would be a better fit here. Now if we could get Allen with one of the 1st rd picks, and if Hunter was available in the 2nd rd, that would be cool. I really like the explosiveness of Tavon Austin as well. I think he is a lot like Harvin.
    Austin is explosive, but a bit small, just makes me a bit nervous about the length of his NFL career. Hunter reminds me of Moss, just so tall and thin, but eating up like 5 yards a stride when he gets going. But, there's some lack of taking coaching there from what I've seen...could be partially injury distraction, but might be more mental toughness/intelligence...?

There's other Percy Harvin types in this draft tho...Ryan Swope ran a 4.34 at 6' 205 lbs with great vert too, and he played RB in HS before racking up over 70 recpts/year for 3 years straight. Also, Stedman Bailey looks to be a good slot prospect.

But I'm kinda thinking we should move away from having our no.1 option in the slot, and I'm hoping for at least one more versatile and reliable route runner...hopefully in addition to a speedy-shifty guy! That could be Keenen Allen or maybe Robert Woods. Thing is, we have an awesome TE to be our threat in the middle, so what I think we need, is more outside and downfield threats, to spread the D out just a bit more.

IF we don't make this Jennings thing happen, we're almost tied into taking 2 WRs in the first 2 or maybe 3 rounds...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post

IF we don't make this Jennings thing happen, we're almost tied into taking 2 WRs in the first 2 or maybe 3 rounds...
    I think we almost have to do that even if we sign Jennings. That is how depleted this receiving staff is. When your top 2 guys as it sits right now are Simpson and Wright, that is scary. Not to opposing defenses, but to the team and the fans. IMO, Simpson should not be counted on to do much at all, kinda what he did last season. Wright should be a nice contributor, but nowhere near #1 material.

If they sign Jennings, I still believe they take 2 WR's with one of their 1st rd picks, and also with their 2nd rd pick. I truly believe that Kevin Williams is in danger of being released, and I think the Vikings will use a later pick for a DT and possibly their other 1st rd pick on either a LB or DB.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

I am starting to like Hunter more and more. He does have some problems though with route running so I would like to see him if we can get him in the second, maybe we can move up and get him because he won't be there at the end of the second round. I still like Woods also, he is a fluid WR and has great hands, I think he will be great for us if we take him in the second round.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast