Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    Why would we want Vick, when we already have Vick Light in the form of Joe Webb? Webb offers virtually the same pocket presence, speed, mobility, and passing accuracy of Vick with the following notable exceptions: = Where do you make this stuff up.

He's much younger = correct
    He's much cheaper = Correct
    He isn't left handed = Correct
    He doesn't come with baggage that would make him immediately hated = Correct

Based on the above, I see no need to kick Vick's tires.
    I fixed a few things for you. However, to summarize, Webb is nowhere the passer that Vick is. Webb is terrible as a passer. He simply does not throw a good ball. Vick has one of the best deep balls in football. His velocity rivals the top passers and might have the strongest arm in the league. His intermediate is adequate but nothing to rave about. His short is what is expected from a QB.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    If you think Vick sucks because of the Eagles O-line, then guess what? He's not going to be any better behind our O-line. I'd rather see Webb out there if we're thinking about going after Vick.

I still say let Ponder start, but Webb should come in when Ponder is stinking it up, like he has in the last few games. Yeah Webb sucks when teams have a week to prepare for his skill set, so I don't think he should ever be the starter, but there's no reason why his role can't be as the relief pitcher on this team. We've all been trying to find a role for him and relief pitcher is perfect. Ponder is inconsistent, and Webb excels in the relief role, but Fraziers solution is to let them both rot, one on the field and one on the bench.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    In Atlanta it didn't work? They made it to the NFC championship
    They made the NFC championship because they played good defense, They had a great run game with Warrick Dunn (remember them putting up 300+ yards against the rams in the playoffs that year) and because Vick was a young, versatile machine. He was NOT a game manager. But thanks for playing.
    In non of those situations was he a game manager. He was the leader of the offense and expected to be a play maker. Again, he's not my favorite player but I reconize that he is a better player than anyone we have on roster.
    LMAO! I'd like to think Percy and AP are easily better than Vick. If you think otherwise, you are sorely mistaken.
    He will never appear great looking simply at stats but when you are able to wrap your mind around what challenges he brings to a defense, along with his skillset, you see the entire picture. No he is never going to throw for 4500 yards but he is going to take your team to the playoffs and if protected win you some games.
    sure, he'll win you some games, and me will make the playoffs because he brings a unique skillset to the table. Or at least did. He will never wina superbowl, because when you have two weeks to prepare for Vick, he's not hard to shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    They made the NFC championship because they played good defense, They had a great run game with Warrick Dunn (remember them putting up 300+ yards against the rams in the playoffs that year) and because Vick was a young, versatile machine. He was NOT a game manager. But thanks for playing. LMAO! I'd like to think Percy and AP are easily better than Vick. If you think otherwise, you are sorely mistaken.
    sure, he'll win you some games, and me will make the playoffs because he brings a unique skillset to the table. Or at least did. He will never win a superbowl, because when you have two weeks to prepare for Vick, he's not hard to shut down.
    I forgot how amazing a runner Warrick Dunn and Tj Duckett was *sarcasm*
    This highlights my point. Everytime he has joined a team, that teams running backs have had their numbers escalte. Why? because on each hand off the DE or LB that might be crashing down has to stay home or give up outside containment on a play action bootleg.

Yes he can be shut down in the running game. That's ok because he will still open things up for Peterson, which is really all we need.

So the reason the Falcons made it to the NFC Championship game was because they played good defense and ran the ball... ok ... yeah... I got you.

BTW when I said he is better than anyone we have on roster, I meant QBs, unless Im going to ask him to play DT.

0Should the Vikings Trade for Michael Vick?

NO
    None

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by Lippythelion69 View Post
    NO
    This is by far the best answer anyone can give in this thread.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Of course, I agree, see post #4 in this thread.

BTW, Vick is out of the 'Boys game with a concussion...my friends who are fans of the Eagles are rejoicing that he is out. Not that he is out because of a concussion, just, that he is out.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    I thought post number 10 was on point as well.

Wonder if all the talk about it being Vick's fault will stop... Philly's OL is terrible.
    Hey I bleed... you watching the Eagle Game?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    never said it was good. But Vick still is horrible. Believe me, 've been playing the "it's not the QB, the line is also horrible and the receivers can't do anything" card since CUlpepper. But the good QBs overcome.

Foles still had a better passing game than I'd expect from Vick on a regular basis at this point.
    Last edited by i_bleed_purple; 11-18-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast