Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Easy mr. Poutypants.

Worst QB in the league is a stretch. QB playing the worst righ tnow? Yes. Worst in the league? Nope.

Right now, this very second is Vick better than Ponder? Yes. Would I rather have Vick going forward? Nope. Vick would not help our team be much better.
    You are right... he isn't the worst but he is damn near there. I think may be Tenn, Ariz has a potentially worst situation, although I think Kolb is better than Ponder. Locker has yet to outplay him but it's coming.
    I want you to know that my comments are all in funny

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    If this year ends up like the last few games.... and philly doesn't get better, Vick will get cut bc he's due $15M bonus at the end of the year... With Vick, AP, and Harvin with an improving O-line.. I could see it happening and wouldn't be opposed to it....

You ALL know we have our best seasons with X-NFL stars... Favre, McMahon, Moon, George, Cunningham etc... why not try vick...

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Wow singer! Would you have believed when you posted this article, you would get 4 pages out of such a nonsensical idea?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Nothing good could come from that deal.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

0Should the Vikings Trade for Michael Vick?

Not only would trading for Vick be stupid, so will picking him up after he gets cut in March. Next.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

purplehelmut is online now Pro-Bowler
    Vick is as good as he's going to get, which isn't that good. At least Ponder is young and has a chance to get better. Check that- he has to get better.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    You ALL know we have our best seasons with X-NFL stars... Favre, McMahon, Moon, George, Cunningham etc... why not try vick...
    What NFL were you watching where Jeff George was a star?

Favre: Superbowl/HOF
    McMahon: Superbowl, but bounced around the league ever since
    Moon: HOF (also won five consecutive grey cups)
    Cunningham: HOF

With the system we had in the late 90's early 2000's, anybody who could throw can be a star

So if I'm understanding you, we need a superbowl champion or Hall of famer to run our team..

I'm ok with that.

fyi, Vick will never be either of those.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    What NFL were you watching where Jeff George was a star?

Favre: Superbowl/HOF
    McMahon: Superbowl, but bounced around the league ever since
    Moon: HOF (also won five consecutive grey cups)
    Cunningham: HOF

With the system we had in the late 90's early 2000's, anybody who could throw can be a star

So if I'm understanding you, we need a superbowl champion or Hall of famer to run our team..

I'm ok with that.

fyi, Vick will never be either of those.
    I never said Jeff George was a star.. go back and read the post... I said our best seasons seem to come from re-tread re-invented left over QB's that take us to the playoffs.... Outside of Culpepper, in the last 25-30 years we have always gotten older quality qb's that take us to the playoffs...

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    I never said Jeff George was a star.. go back and read the post... I said our best seasons seem to come from re-tread re-invented left over QB's that take us to the playoffs.... Outside of Culpepper, in the last 25-30 years we have always gotten older quality qb's that take us to the playoffs...
    In that case we should have gone after Payton Manning when the Colts cut him. Actually i wish we had.

WWBGD

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I'm just buggin you, but yeah.

Reason why this is, is that we've never really had a dominant defense that could carry a young QB. Furthermore, we've never drafted a good young QB. Ponder is the third first round QB we've ever drafted. Ever.

Tommy Kramer, Culpepper and now Ponder are it. Beyond that, great QB's we've drafted? Tarkenton. That's about it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast