skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Not ready to give up on Ponder quite yet.. So no

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Everyone has jumped on the Vick sucks bandwagon.

Well let me help you out..
    This is why you don't just look at stats and crow... Vick has matched Ponder's numbers in 1 less game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's how pathetic this argument is. Do you really think that Ponder is a better QB that Vick.
    Oh Kevon. Arguing with you never gets old. Your support for your arguments is even sillier than your arguments are.
    He can't complete a pass longer than 7 yards.
    True, he struggles with longer passes. He also has exactly nobody who can get open besides Harvin. Simpson is doing nothing, Aromashodu is doing nothing, Even Rudolph as of late is doing nothing. It takes two for a pass to be completed.
    Our Oline is WAY better than than Phillys
    Oh really? I'm not sure I fully agree. Our line is playing awfully this year. They've started regressing since week 5. Vick is a scrambler, so he does run into more sacks/hits than a passer would. Our pass protection is god-awful.

and Ponder at times have a serviceable pocket.
    So does Vick.. at times
    Also... Vick makes it easier for his RBs, WRs and TEs. His presence as a runner helps to hold defenses in place to allow holes to form. Ponder is benifiting from AP and Harvin being on his team and he still sucks. Can you grasp the difference???????????
    I do, but do you?
    Defenses just need to key on Harvin, and we don't have ANYBODY to make him pay. With the Eagles, Maclin is fully capable of being their #1. Avant is even better than our #2. Jackson is a poor mans Harvin. Lesean Is a better receiver than AP. So with far superior weapons, Vick is barely beating Ponder's numbers. Can you grasp that?????
    Vick aids his team simply by being on the field.
    Uh huh.... so him being a turnover machine aids his team? HIs inability to read a blitz aids his team? The fact is Vick is an 11 year vet, and he still plays like a Rookie
    Ponder is the reason why defenses are stacking the box. Only someone that is blind and has never seen a football game would think both QBs bring the same abilities to the table. Ponder has been out played by 3... yes....3....no not 1...not 2... but 3...freaking Rookies this season.
    Um... I fail to see how Its Ponder's fault that our Defense can't defend anything. RGIII legitimately made us look silly. Wilson played well, Luck played well. Well guess what, RGIII is making it a habit to make teams look silly. Luck is in pro bowl contention and Wilson is fast becoming a legitimate starter. THta has nothing to do with Ponder whatsoever.
    He is starting to routinely....routinely throw for less than 100 yards despite playing an entire game.
    I would hate to see what your 'routines' are. If by routinely you mean twice, then I suppose you're right. I'll counter that by saying Vick is routinely costing his team opportunities to win games, seasons, superbowls. That's actually something that' he's done almost every year.
    Additionally, Vick is tied to a coach that will not run the ball... will not...will not... will not. He has had Westbrook, Shady and a host of other running backs and he refuses to use them... He instead rather run option shovel passes.
    Ah.... RIIIIGGGHHHTTT.... Quick question. Did you know McCoy averages 18.2 carries per game? Did you know that that's tied for #6 in the league? AP averages 18.7 carries per game. Perhaps your worst argument yet.
    Alex Smith has a better QB rating that Brees. Would you take him over Brees?
    No, but I'd take him over Vick
    Ponder has never.... and quote me on this.. add it to your signature...."Will never throw for 3100 yards.
    Care to make a bet on it?

Here's a fun fact. It took Vick 9 years to throw for 3100 yards. He only beat that mark by 200 yards. 9 years. NINE!. With Ponder's awful past 3 games, he's on pace for 3200+ yards, 17TD, 14INT.

Trust me, there's no "Vick sucks" Bandwagon. This is nothing new. He's always suck, and will not improve.

Only on PPO would people belive Ponder is a better QB that Vick. Ponder has never smelt the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO!!!

Seriously? A second year kid has never smelt the playoffs??

That's obviously the sign that a player will fail.

Hey, we should just not bother with next years draft, none of those kids have smelt the playoffs.

Oh Kevon, always good for a laugh.
    Last edited by i_bleed_purple; 11-06-2012 at 12:19 PM.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Let me try again because you just seem to miss on so many points.
    You do realize that an NFL game is a finite amount of time. Due to this fact, an offense has a finite amount of yards and points it can score. Due to these things....in a season a QB has a finite amount of yards he can produce with both his FEET and ARMS!!!!!!!!!
    You wish to paint Vick as a passer that barely broke the 3000 yard mark yet to discount the yardage he gained with his feet that subtracted the yardage he could have thru the air. Example.... the Eagles are on the 20... Vick takes off and rushed for 30 yards. That's 30 yards that he will never have passing. So discounting those rushing yards that are just as important in moving the ball as passing is ignorant. Does the league discount RBs that catch 800 yards but only rush for 1000 as not great backs? You will never see a QB throw for 4500 and rush for 1000 yards. Their simply just isn't that many offensive opportunities in a season.

Our Oline is way better than Philly's. Trust me! You want to attribute it to Vick's scrambling but it's not. He has been standing in the pocket this since he came back. Teams are destroying the pocket and flushing him out. It's a terrible line... Trust me. I watch the games... not the highlights.

Hold on to your faith in Ponder. Go ahead! People did the same in TJack and Booty. People believe that a player that shows no promise except as the best bubble screen thrower in the business. What can't you understand. Just look on the field. Vick threw a 76 yard catch and run to Jackson on Monday..... Ponder threw for 63 yards for the game. The fucking game!!!!!!! Why are we having this convo. You have one player carrying a team, you have 1 player killing a team. I feel silly even having this conversation.

My biggest issue with Vick is his inability to stay healthy. He struggles with the blitz but his Head coach does him an injustice with the constant 5 wide formations he runs. He refuses to run the ball (a QB's best friend) and allows defenses to just pin their ears back.
    Last edited by kevoncox; 11-06-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    Let me try again because you just seem to miss on so many points.
    You do realize that an NFL game is a finite amount of time. Due to this fact, an offense has a finite amount of yards and points it can score. Due to these things....in a season a QB has a finite amount of yards he can produce with both his FEET and ARMS!!!!!!!!!
    You wish to paint Vick as a passer that barely broke the 3000 yard mark yet to discount the yardage he gained with his feet that subtracted the yardage he could have thru the air. Example.... the Eagles are on the 20... Vick takes off and rushed for 30 yards. That's 30 yards that he will never have passing. So discounting those rushing yards that are just as important in moving the ball as passing is ignorant. Does the league discount RBs that catch 800 yards but only rush for 1000 as not great backs? You will never see a QB throw for 4500 and rush for 1000 yards. Their simply just isn't that many offensive opportunities in a season.
    All good thoughts in principle. But you paint Vick as if he's the best playmaker in the league. Quite simply, he's not. Yeah, he gets some decent yards, but then turns the ball over or stalls drives (or gets hurt)

I'd like to point out: Last season Rodgers put up 4900 yards total rushing + passing
    He put up 4750 three years ago
    He put up 4250 the year before.

Vick has NEVER put up more than 3900 total yards ever. Get that weak ass shit outta here.

Going to a couple non-Scramblers
    Brees put up 5562 yards two years ago. Lets assume that's the theoretical maximum yards that a QB can get, rushing + passing. That makes Vick not so hot. he averages just over 3000 total yards a season. Pretty piss-poor if you ask me, especially for a scrambler.

I'd prefer a scrambler to be like Rodgers, Big passer, can run. Not a gimmickey QB who can't throw. It's not as if Vick prefers to run, He. Can. Not. Throw. Well. Need me to repeat that? No? You got it? Vick is a liability in every possible way when he touches the ball. He can't read a D, he can't read blitz, he gets confused, he gets rattled, he fumbles and throws interceptions. He takes an inordinate amount of sacks. He's a liability.

Hell, Vince Young's best season he put up 2941 total yards. That's about on par with what you can expect on average from Vick's career. Vick gets (guesstimating, I can't do the math right this second) 3300 yards per season at best on average.

Steve Young, would average anywhere between 3000-4000 yards and another 3-400 rush yards. Those numbers BLOW vick out of the water.

If Vick is so great, then why isn't he getting the type of all-purpose yardage that other mobile QB's get? Answer? Because he's not very good.
    Our Oline is way better than Philly's. Trust me!
    Based on your feeble attempts to defend Vick, I'd rather not
    You want to attribute it to Vick's scrambling but it's not. He has been standing in the pocket this since he came back.
    Do you watch Vick? SOMETIMES he stands in the pocket, but as soon as two seconds goes by, he's gone. He' snot a pocked guy, no matter how much you want to try and convince me he is.

Hold on to your faith in Ponder. Go ahead! People did the same in TJack and Booty. People believe that a player that shows no promise except as the best bubble screen thrower in the business. What can't you understand. Just look on the field. Vick threw a 76 yard catch and run to Jackson on Monday..... P
    You pretend as if that 76 yard throw was all Vick. Desean was WIDE open. I mean WIDE open. The corner who's supposed to cover him screwed up and took the wrong man, leaving him WIDE open. Desean did the rest. I could have made that play. Dead serious.
    Ponder threw for 63 yards for the game. The fucking game!!!!!!! Why are we having this convo. You have one player carrying a team, you have 1 player killing a team. I feel silly even having this conversation.
    LOL! I assume you think Vick is carrying the team? Pathetically hilarious.

And I gues you think Vick has had nothing but 300 yard games?

His rookie year, he finished a game going 4-12 with 32 yards with 4 rush yards
    In 2003, 6-19 for 47 yards.

Vick is not the god you seem to think he is. He's a detriment to his team. THey need to move on without him. Vick should be a backup at this point, nothing more.

My biggest issue with Vick is his inability to stay healthy. He struggles with the blitz but his Head coach does him an injustice with the constant 5 wide formations he runs. He refuses to run the ball (a QB's best friend) and allows defenses to just pin their ears back.[/QUOTE]

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    No way! I'd rather suffer with ponder.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VKG4LFE View Post
    No way! I'd rather suffer with ponder.
    I'd rather go with Rex Grossman than Vick.

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    All good thoughts in principle. But you paint Vick as if he's the best playmaker in the league. Quite simply, he's not. Yeah, he gets some decent yards, but then turns the ball over or stalls drives (or gets hurt)

I'd like to point out: Last season Rodgers put up 4900 yards total rushing + passing
    He put up 4750 three years ago
    He put up 4250 the year before.

Vick has NEVER put up more than 3900 total yards ever. Get that weak ass shit outta here.

Going to a couple non-Scramblers
    Brees put up 5562 yards two years ago. Lets assume that's the theoretical maximum yards that a QB can get, rushing + passing. That makes Vick not so hot. he averages just over 3000 total yards a season. Pretty piss-poor if you ask me, especially for a scrambler.

I'd prefer a scrambler to be like Rodgers, Big passer, can run. Not a gimmickey QB who can't throw. It's not as if Vick prefers to run, He. Can. Not. Throw. Well. Need me to repeat that? No? You got it? Vick is a liability in every possible way when he touches the ball. He can't read a D, he can't read blitz, he gets confused, he gets rattled, he fumbles and throws interceptions. He takes an inordinate amount of sacks. He's a liability.

Hell, Vince Young's best season he put up 2941 total yards. That's about on par with what you can expect on average from Vick's career. Vick gets (guesstimating, I can't do the math right this second) 3300 yards per season at best on average.

Steve Young, would average anywhere between 3000-4000 yards and another 3-400 rush yards. Those numbers BLOW vick out of the water.

If Vick is so great, then why isn't he getting the type of all-purpose yardage that other mobile QB's get? Answer? Because he's not very good.
    Based on your feeble attempts to defend Vick, I'd rather not
    Do you watch Vick? SOMETIMES he stands in the pocket, but as soon as two seconds goes by, he's gone. He' snot a pocked guy, no matter how much you want to try and convince me he is.

You pretend as if that 76 yard throw was all Vick. Desean was WIDE open. I mean WIDE open. The corner who's supposed to cover him screwed up and took the wrong man, leaving him WIDE open. Desean did the rest. I could have made that play. Dead serious.

LOL! I assume you think Vick is carrying the team? Pathetically hilarious.

And I gues you think Vick has had nothing but 300 yard games?

His rookie year, he finished a game going 4-12 with 32 yards with 4 rush yards
    In 2003, 6-19 for 47 yards.

Vick is not the god you seem to think he is. He's a detriment to his team. THey need to move on without him. Vick should be a backup at this point, nothing more.

My biggest issue with Vick is his inability to stay healthy. He struggles with the blitz but his Head coach does him an injustice with the constant 5 wide formations he runs. He refuses to run the ball (a QB's best friend) and allows defenses to just pin their ears back.
    [/QUOTE]

The Question was... and still is... Is he better than Ponder.... that is an emphatic yes. No if ands about it. Everything else is so hard to take serious if you can't even admit we have the worst QB in the league. Blaine Gabbert is now doing more with less. His star running back is out and he is still out playing Ponder.

Blog Entries

The Question was... and still is... Is he better than Ponder.... that is an emphatic yes. No if ands about it. Everything else is so hard to take serious if you can't even admit we have the worst QB in the league. Blaine Gabbert is now doing more with less. His star running back is out and he is still out playing Ponder.

Easy mr. Poutypants.

Worst QB in the league is a stretch. QB playing the worst righ tnow? Yes. Worst in the league? Nope.

Right now, this very second is Vick better than Ponder? Yes. Would I rather have Vick going forward? Nope. Vick would not help our team be much better.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen posted on PPO - and that's saying a fucking lot.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen posted on PPO - and that's saying a fucking lot.

=Z=
    ^^^^^
    This the stupidest thing I've ever seen posted on PPO - and that's saying a fucking lot. However, I am against a trade for Vick. He can't stay healthy and his contract is not worth it. I would be all for signing him.
    Last edited by kevoncox; 11-07-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast