Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    NO! (Emphasis added.)

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    If you want to send us backwards for 4 years, trade for Vick.

We shouldn't have picked him up 4 years ago, and we still shouldn't pick him up. He's terrible.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post

We shouldn't have picked him up 4 years ago, and we still shouldn't pick him up. He's terrible.
    He's better than Ponder.
    Look at the line he is playing behind.. It makes our Oline look like the 95 Cowboys.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    He's better than Ponder.
    Look at the line he is playing behind.. It makes our Oline look like the 95 Cowboys.
    He's done.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

0Should the Vikings Trade for Michael Vick?

I would rather sign Favre.

purplehelmut is offline Pro-Bowler
    Vick has not shown he can win consistently at this level. A veritable turnover machine that makes Favre look conservative. Definitely not a fit for the Vikings.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

He's better than Ponder.
    Tell that to the Eagles fans I live amongst here in northern DE.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Let's do it!

I think it is a great idea. I think that if he would wear purple, it would change his luck. He would never turn the ball over again and would only throw touchdowns. Slam Dunk! No Brainer!

We have the talented WRs to help him be a great QB and he will be able to go through all the progressions and find the right WR to throw to in order to trump the Defensive Scheme.

Oh wait, I am think of P. Manning, my bad. Nevermind!
    Last edited by snowinapril; 11-03-2012 at 08:06 PM.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    He's better than Ponder.

In what way? He's faster? Has a stronger arm? Sure. So was TJ.

Fact is that this season alone, Vick has thrown 8 interceptions to Ponder's 7. Perhaps more impressively he has fumbled 9 times to Ponder's 3.

He has 1823 yards to Ponder's 1749, he has 9 TD's to Ponder's 10. Rating of 78.6 to Ponder's 85.8.

He also has McCoy, Jackson, Maclin, and Avant, all of which are servicable. Nobody quite at Harvin's level, but I'd take any one of them before I take our #2 player. McCoy is one of the top RB's in the league.

So please, enlighten me. How is Vick better than Ponder? Is it Vick's history of winning (If you didn't catch on, that was sarcasm btw)

Honestly, Vick isn't even a top-20 QB in the league.

Is it Vick's Good-boy image? (more sarcasm)

Is it Vick's proven ability to learn quickly with little to no practice? (Once again, I feel I don't need to explain myself)

I get that you LOVE flashy players. Vick is flashy, therefore you love Vick. I don't want him on my Fantasy team, never mind a real team I cheer for.
    Last edited by i_bleed_purple; 11-03-2012 at 06:15 PM.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    In what way? He's faster? Has a stronger arm? Sure. So was TJ.

Fact is that this season alone, Vick has thrown 8 interceptions to Ponder's 7. Perhaps more impressively he has fumbled 9 times to Ponder's 3.

He has 1823 yards to Ponder's 1749, he has 9 TD's to Ponder's 10. Rating of 78.6 to Ponder's 85.8.

He also has McCoy, Jackson, Maclin, and Avant, all of which are servicable. Nobody quite at Harvin's level, but I'd take any one of them before I take our #2 player. McCoy is one of the top RB's in the league.

So please, enlighten me. How is Vick better than Ponder? Is it Vick's history of winning (If you didn't catch on, that was sarcasm btw)

Honestly, Vick isn't even a top-20 QB in the league.

Is it Vick's Good-boy image? (more sarcasm)

Is it Vick's proven ability to learn quickly with little to no practice? (Once again, I feel I don't need to explain myself)

I get that you LOVE flashy players. Vick is flashy, therefore you love Vick. I don't want him on my Fantasy team, never mind a real team I cheer for.
    Everyone has jumped on the Vick sucks bandwagon.

Well let me help you out..
    This is why you don't just look at stats and crow... Vick has matched Ponder's numbers in 1 less game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's how pathetic this argument is. Do you really think that Ponder is a better QB that Vick. He can't complete a pass longer than 7 yards. Our Oline is WAY better than than Phillys and Ponder at times have a serviceable pocket. Also... Vick makes it easier for his RBs, WRs and TEs. His presence as a runner helps to hold defenses in place to allow holes to form. Ponder is benifiting from AP and Harvin being on his team and he still sucks. Can you grasp the difference??????????? Vick aids his team simply by being on the field. Ponder is the reason why defenses are stacking the box. Only someone that is blind and has never seen a football game would think both QBs bring the same abilities to the table. Ponder has been out played by 3... yes....3....no not 1...not 2... but 3...freaking Rookies this season. He is starting to routinely....routinely throw for less than 100 yards despite playing an entire game. Additionally, Vick is tied to a coach that will not run the ball... will not...will not... will not. He has had Westbrook, Shady and a host of other running backs and he refuses to use them... He instead rather run option shovel passes.

Alex Smith has a better QB rating that Brees. Would you take him over Brees?
    Ponder has never.... and quote me on this.. add it to your signature...."Will never throw for 3100 yards. Only on PPO would people belive Ponder is a better QB that Vick. Ponder has never smelt the playoffs.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast