Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

06-07 linebackers

i think its safe to say that we need help at LB, but it might not be that bad. EJ can move back to MLB then we draft an OLB, and the 3rd spot can be battled for between dontarious thomas and napoleon harris (i think both will fit better in the tampa cover 2)

waddu guys think?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: 06-07 linebackers

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    i think its safe to say that we need help at LB, but it might not be that bad. EJ can move back to MLB then we draft an OLB, and the 3rd spot can be battled for between dontarious thomas and napoleon harris (i think both will fit better in the tampa cover 2)

waddu guys think?
    Listening to the NFL channel, they said there will be 4-7 linebackers going in the 1st round.

I'd like us to snag one of them. A.J. Hawk sounded awesome.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

hes supposed to be one of the best prospects at LB in years

his scouting report is here - http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/ajhawk.html

but he is probably a top 5 pick, top 10 at the very most

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:

waddu guys think?
    Listening to the NFL channel, they said there will be 4-7 linebackers going in the 1st round.

Too bad Hawk is locked in as a top 10 pick, he would be great.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"LuckyVike" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:

waddu guys think?

Too bad Hawk is locked in as a top 10 pick, he would be great.
    They mentined 3 others as well. They all sounded like fast LB's that could pretty much fill any of the 3 spots.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

chad greenway and demeco ryans have to be there, im not sure of the otehr one, maybe ernie sims?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

According to Vic Carucci these are the top 5 linebackers in the draft:

1. Derrick Johnson, Texas, Outside

Positives: Speed, play-making ability, ball skills, instincts, ability to diagnose plays, tackling, height (6-foot-3), long arms … He is not only the best linebacker in the draft, but the best defensive player in the entire college crop, and his game-changing impact should make him a top-five pick.

Negatives: Handling running plays directed straight at him, upper-body strength.

2. Shawne Merriman, Maryland, Outside (underclassman)

Positives: Size (6-4, 272 pounds), pass-rushing, instincts, intensity, leaping ability, open-field tackling, outside run stopping … Although he surprised more than a few player personnel evaluators by electing not to work out at the National Scouting Combine, Merriman still offers enough elite talent as a pass rusher to be selected in the middle of the first round.

Negatives: Hand placement, ability to gain leverage on offensive linemen, vulnerability to play action.

3. Darryl Blackstock, Virginia, Outside (underclassman)

Positives: Initial quickness, change-of-direction skills, intensity, discipline, recognition skills … His talent is good enough for him to become a low first-round choice or early second-rounder.

Negatives: Lower-body strength, ability to gain separation from blockers, overall technique against the run.

4. Channing Crowder, Florida, Inside (underclassman)

Positives: Man-to-man coverage of running backs, intensity, instincts, big-hitting ability … He is very raw and probably should have remained in college for one more season to fully develop his skills, yet he does have the talent to likely become a second-round choice.

Ask Vic!
    Have a question for Vic on anything NFL related? Don't just sit there -- send it to [email protected], and the best questions will be answered throughout the season right here on NFL.com!

Negatives: Lower-body strength, ability to shed blockers, discipline and accuracy in making reads.

5. Kevin Burnett, Tennessee, Outside

Positives: Size (6-2, 239 pounds), speed, athleticism, man-to-man coverage of running backs, tackling … His stock didn’t suffer because of the calf injury that prevented him from working out at the combine; he should be a solid second-rounder.

Negatives: Recognition skills, closing speed as a pass rusher.

I am shocked he doesn't mention Hawk!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

thats last years

merriman was ROY i think

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Oh CRAP! I just posted it witout even looking. Boy do I feel dumb!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast