Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Re: 0-2 And Staring At 03!!!

Steve Smith is gonna destroy Cedric this week....if AW is on Smith, then Muhammad will rack up yards. Man, we need M Williams back!

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Slade" wrote:
    Steve Smith is gonna destroy Cedric this week....if AW is on Smith, then Muhammad will rack up yards. Man, we need M Williams back!
    God forbid they try to plug Benny Sapp in there...

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    "Slade" wrote:

His 1st game back....yeah, he could be rusty, but you know SS is lickin his chops thinking about our 2ndary. Remember what he did to Smoot? Holy crap.....

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Slade" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Slade" wrote:

His 1st game back....yeah, he could be rusty, but you know SS is lickin his chops thinking about our 2ndary. Remember what he did to Smoot? Holy crap.....
    Smoot's biggest problem that game was Cottrell, not Smith.
    Let's see, how about we play bump and run man coverage with no safety help over the top... the WHOLE FREAKING GAME.
    Either Teddy was trying to make a point and humble Smoot, or he was just that incompetent.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Slade" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Slade" wrote:

Let's see, how about we play bump and run man coverage with no safety help over the top... the WHOLE FREAKING GAME.
    Either Teddy was trying to make a point and humble Smoot, or he was just that incompetent.
    - Yeah Smoot gave Smith alot of room, but on the fast track in Minny, Cedric is gonna get burned. No way Ced can cover Smith in man coverage. He will have issues bringing him down too....

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Slade" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Slade" wrote:

Well, with how good Brandon Jacobs and Jay Cutler looked yesterday...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr-holland link=topic=47843.msg836666#msg836666 date=1221505148]
    [quote author=C Mac D link=topic=47843.msg836665#msg836665 date=1221505044]
    [quote author=Mr-holland link=topic=47843.msg836663#msg836663 date=1221504988]
    All things aside, it's to early to be calling for heads
    Sure... if it was just 2 games... but we're over 2 years now, headed into 3.
    That's what happens if you're a rebuilding team
    It's supposed to be built by now.
    Who says it isn't? 2 games lost to teams who were better last year than us. To be fair both could've been won but who says we're not going 10-6ish this season?
    I still think we could go 10-6 this season.
    But the problem is that 8 of those wins are going to come against poohie teams.
    Chicago twice, Detroit twice, NO, Houston, Arizona, and Atlanta.
    That will put us 2-6 against real teams, and I don't think that is cutting it.
    [/quote]

If we can't win after the D's performance yesterday, Then I have a hard time believing we can achieve a winning record. You cannot play Manning better than what we did. We did a better job then the Bears did with a rusty Manning last week, except they were able to win.

I am beginning to believe that Childress may have outstayed his welcome.
    [/quote]

I hear ya, but I do think we will perform reasonably well against some of the weaker teams on our schedule.
    I actually do think we will have a winning record... Hopefully Wilf looks at more than just the record when deciding if any action need to be taken with the FO in the offseason.

Even if we go 10-6, beating all of the crappy teams, I don't think that it would generate a lot of support for the new stadium.
    A coaching change, however, would cause a stir... just like it did in 2006.
    Wilf might be banking on that the get his stadium built.

(BTW, your eyes seriously weirded me out yesterday... )
    [/quote]

I heard that a few times yesterday.
    Its ok though, I don't mind.

As to a winning record...we'll see. In the time Childress has been here, we have devoloped a common theme....close games that we lose in the 4th quarter. As the saying goes...If you keep doing what you have always done, you will continue to get what you have always gotten.

Here is to hoping that Childress can figure it out. Cheers

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"Slade" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Slade" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Slade" wrote:

- Yeah Smoot gave Smith alot of room, but on the fast track in Minny, Cedric is gonna get burned. No way Ced can cover Smith in man coverage. He will have issues bringing him down too....

Well...then I guess its a good thing we don't play man then.

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

Lets hope that we can get some good pressure on Delhomme...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345