Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    FanSince74 is offline Waterboy

0-2 And Staring At 03!!!

Webby, you nailed it on the head in that diatribe on the homepage.

Here's what I see in the first two games/losses:

-- HORRIBLE PLAYCALLING: Defenses realize the offense is one-dimensional, and Childress plays right into their hands with basic handoffs up the middle and predictable pass plays. God bless AP for doing as much as he does, because the coaching staff is not doing ANYTHING to get him the ball in space so he can create and do what he does. Every handoff is off tackle left, off tackle right. Predictable!

-- T-JACK HAS EXPIRED: I never thought he was going to be much from the first game I saw him in two years ago. He got killed because he hadn't learned to step up in the pocket to buy time and avoid the rush. That's basic stuff. He seemed like a project. Two years later and he's the poor man's Michael Vick. Terrible accuracy, even worse decision making and just no spark. The offense sputters with him at QB. He must go and go now before this season is lost. Childress has to believe by now that, since you only go as far as your QB takes you, his high-school level QB isn't taking them anywhere. Why didn't they pick up Chad Pennington??

-- DEFENSIVE HEART: I like what I am seeing from the D. I think they will get even better once they have a few weeks under their belts. They play with a little fire, but they are so pathetically prone to the big play. It never fails. The secondary is cheese. Opponents such as the Colts literally could impose its will against them and make big plays to steal the game. The Colts stepped it up, played with some urgency, and walked
    over the defense and did what they had to do to win the game.

TIME TO SHAKE IT UP: With the 2-0 Panthers coming to the Dome next week, the Vikings could easily be looking at 0-3 to start the season. This team doesn't know how to win with the personnel it has leading them. The defense is keeping them in the games but the O isn't putting up the points to win. TJack needs to sit down and let someone else try to spark this offense. AP needs to get the ball, and the coaching staff need to make him more multi-dimensional. Runs, swing passes, pitch outs, etc. Get AP the ball and let him create. Stop these runs over guards and tackles. Wake up Mr. Childress: Your Season is hanging in the balance. We need to lose the Pop Warner QB and get some life pumped back into this team. I still think this team is a contender with a better QB.

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: 0-2 And Staring At 03!!!

WNice 1st post....Welcome to the boards!!!

nailhead77 is offline Starter

"FanSince74" wrote:
    Webby, you nailed it on the head in that diatribe on the homepage.

Here's what I see in the first two games/losses:

-- HORRIBLE PLAYCALLING: Defenses realize the offense is one-dimensional, and Childress plays right into their hands with basic handoffs up the middle and predictable pass plays. God bless AP for doing as much as he does, because the coaching staff is not doing ANYTHING to get him the ball in space so he can create and do what he does. Every handoff is off tackle left, off tackle right. Predictable!

-- T-JACK HAS EXPIRED: I never thought he was going to be much from the first game I saw him in two years ago. He got killed because he hadn't learned to step up in the pocket to buy time and avoid the rush. That's basic stuff. He seemed like a project. Two years later and he's the poor man's Michael Vick. Terrible accuracy, even worse decision making and just no spark. The offense sputters with him at QB. He must go and go now before this season is lost. Childress has to believe by now that, since you only go as far as your QB takes you, his high-school level QB isn't taking them anywhere. Why didn't they pick up Chad Pennington??

-- DEFENSIVE HEART: I like what I am seeing from the D. I think they will get even better once they have a few weeks under their belts. They play with a little fire, but they are so pathetically prone to the big play. It never fails. The secondary is cheese. Opponents such as the Colts literally could impose its will against them and make big plays to steal the game. The Colts stepped it up, played with some urgency, and walked

TIME TO SHAKE IT UP: With the 2-0 Panthers coming to the Dome next week, the Vikings could easily be looking at 0-3 to start the season. This team doesn't know how to win with the personnel it has leading them. The defense is keeping them in the games but the O isn't putting up the points to win. TJack needs to sit down and let someone else try to spark this offense. AP needs to get the ball, and the coaching staff need to make him more multi-dimensional. Runs, swing passes, pitch outs, etc. Get AP the ball and let him create. Stop these runs over guards and tackles. Wake up Mr. Childress: Your Season is hanging in the balance. We need to lose the Pop Warner QB and get some life pumped back into this team. I still think this team is a contender with a better QB.

NICE POST!

I would be happy to see gus get a shot at managing this offense.
    I put a sig on here before, but it expired?
    Now i have tried again but seem to be retarded.......oh well,

Floop the bears!

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Agreed. You don't win in the NFL by being extremely conservative in your playcalling. Bevell is at this point "mailing it in". Someone needs to call him on this. Off-tackle and draw plays are rolling the QB out are not enough. This offense is in serious trouble.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Thank you sir, welcome and SKOL!

vikesfan713 is offline Rookie

why do we keep rolling out T jack when his Passing rating is SO horrible out of the pocket

tybrones87 is offline Rookie

Its worse than staring down 0-3... 0-5 is definitely possible. :'(

"FanSince74" wrote:
    I still cant understand how Indy scored their second TD.....Sharper clearly tagged him with both hands!
    How pathetic was that!

Seriously.....for the most part, I thought the D played tough!
    THEY played well enough to win.....The Offense was offensive!
    A complete disgrace! (AP excluded)
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

buliwyf is offline Training Camp

Feels like last year

Can't pass the ball, can't stop the pass. It's like one of those movies where you wake up from a nightmare and discover the nightmare is still in session. I agree with everything you said. Also, I agree Gus should get a shot. He looked good in preseason and is proven. He can't do worse than TJ.
    Second week in a row the D has given up the big play. What's the use in playing tough all game only to give up the big play? Ruined my day, as I'm sure it did all yours. Season's still young, but I feel older after todday

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

"tybrones87" wrote:
    Its worse than staring down 0-3... 0-5 is definitely possible. :'(
    Screw it. Lose em all and grab Tebow!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast