Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 0-2

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I wonder if that game is sold out or if we'll have a blacked out game?

If we can't beat a hapless Browns team led by a QB worse than Ponder, whose team has only mustered 16 offensive points this season, we're in huge trouble.
    The browns game was paired with the Packers game for buying tickets, so odds are it's sold out.

NOt like it matters, I"ll be there, so that means we'll win.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Has nothing to do with coaching. It has to do with the quarterback. We don't have one.
    Great. Change the QB and order a case of Lombardi trophy polish !
    Ponder is the primary problem, but not the only problem.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Great. Change the QB and order a case of Lombardi trophy polish !
    Ponder is the primary problem, but not the only problem.
    Yes, but today's football is only about the QB. the rest of the team is irrelevant.

fix the QB, and life is good. Nothing else matters. The fact that we have given up more points than any other defense this year is irrlevant. The fact that we gave up more yards on special teams yesterday than most defenses gave up the whole game is irrelevant. Just give us a great QB and we will find a way to score more points than the other team. We can even get rid of the coaching staff and just ask the QB to run things. It's a very simple game once you really embrace the fact that only one player matters.

Yesterday's game came down to what many games in the NFL come down to. The last drive. The better teams execute when they need to and the lesser teams don't. We didn't. Simple as that. How you get to that point is mostly insignificant, it's what you do when it matters the most that determines good teams vs. bad.

Reignman is offline Asst. Coach
    Well to be fair, a good QB can sustain drives which gives the other team less time on offense which helps the defense in more ways than one. Sustained drives also lead to more points, so yes it does all come down to 1 player. The most important position in all of team sports.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    Well to be fair, a good QB can sustain drives which gives the other team less time on offense which helps the defense in more ways than one. Sustained drives also lead to more points, so yes it does all come down to 1 player. The most important position in all of team sports.
    So I guess the team with the best QB should always win then?

So far this year that would place Kaepernick as greater than Rodgers although much inferior to Wilson.

Jake Locker and Andy Dalton are better than Ben Roethlisberger,

Culpepper_4717 is offline Asst. Coach Chopper Challenge Champion
    Browns just traded away their entire offense.. 1-2 here we come!

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Reignman View Post
    That is funny. Normally I would agree with that sentiment about a defense getting worn down by bad offense, but Chicago scored on their first drive. Not sure how anyone can blame Ponder when he hadn't been on the field yet. Detroit marched downfield on their first drive. Luckily they botched the field goal. I may be mistaken, but didn't they march downfield on their next two drives and kicked FGs. They pretty much marched on us all game. Our defense is its own problem. Ponder has had nothing to do with us being the third worst scoring defense in the league. They will come around, but they have brought this upon themselves.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12