singersp is offline PPO Newshound

WR battles: Numbers don't matter

[size=13pt]WR battles: Numbers don't matter[/size]

John Juhasz
    FOXSports.com
    , Updated 4 days ago

Billy McMullen vs. Troy Williamson vs. Sidney Rice, Minnesota

Frankly, I could copy and paste everything I wrote about the Raiders and just change the names. Everything would still apply.
    Except in Minnesota's case, there's probably (and incredibly) less certainty at the quarterback position. Which player would you rather have under center for your fantasy (or even real) team ... JaMarcus Russell or Tarvaris Jackson? Yeah, exactly. I imagine Jackson will be the least-owned fantasy quarterback in the NFL; he's got questionable talent, no receivers, no good tight ends and an offense which has the best 1-2 running back combo in the league. When will he ever throw the ball? Why would he ever throw the ball? Oh, and speaking of those receivers he doesn't have ...

Outlook: Bad. Maybe the worst on this list. Between McMullen, Williamson and Rice, only one of them has been with the Vikings for more than one season (Williamson has proudly and unproductively served two years). Williamson was supposed to be an explosive receiver who would come in and replace the then-departed for Oakland Moss, but he scored two touchdowns in 2005 and none last season. Maybe Rice can take the lead, but as is the case with almost all rookies, we won't know what he can do until we see him in action....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: WR battles: Numbers don't matter

"singersp" wrote:

John Juhasz
    FOXSports.com
    , Updated 4 days ago

Frankly, I could copy and paste everything I wrote about the Raiders and just change the names. Everything would still apply.
    Except in Minnesota's case, there's probably (and incredibly) less certainty at the quarterback position. Which player would you rather have under center for your fantasy (or even real) team ... JaMarcus Russell or Tarvaris Jackson? Yeah, exactly. I imagine Jackson will be the least-owned fantasy quarterback in the NFL; he's got questionable talent, no receivers, no good tight ends and an offense which has the best 1-2 running back combo in the league. When will he ever throw the ball? Why would he ever throw the ball? Oh, and speaking of those receivers he doesn't have ...

Outlook: Bad. Maybe the worst on this list. Between McMullen, Williamson and Rice, only one of them has been with the Vikings for more than one season (Williamson has proudly and unproductively served two years). Williamson was supposed to be an explosive receiver who would come in and replace the then-departed for Oakland Moss, but he scored two touchdowns in 2005 and none last season. Maybe Rice can take the lead, but as is the case with almost all rookies, we won't know what he can do until we see him in action....

Thanks for the read Singer.
    I may draft TJack as a 2nd QB in my fantasy league just to prove people wrong.
    He seems to forget he has a TE with good hands (so I hear).
    He has 3 good RBs with good hands coming out of the backfield.
    He has fast WRs (most of which can catch).
    He has a good front line to protect him.
    Let's factor in his running abilities and the threat he will pose on the goal line because he can run the ball.
    I can throw out as many positives as the "experts" can throw out negatives.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

All I can say is " Just keep stoking the Fire". Much like our LB group last year, our wide-outs are gonna be a pleasant surprise this year. Competition and the constant bashing by the media will be a great motivation.
      We're all tired of the speculation/doubts about our QB and WR's, so training camp and the season can't start soon enough. Let people take us lightly. It will only  make us better.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

It will be THAT MUCH sweeter when TJack blows up the scene and becomes an upper-tier QB!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

"cajunvike" wrote:
    It will be THAT MUCH sweeter when TJack blows up the scene and becomes an upper-tier QB!
    Perhaps, but I don't have high expectations from TJack this season, especially from a fantasy football perspective.
    I'd be satisfied with 16 TD passes and 16 INTs from TJack this year, as long as it looks like he's generally making good decisions and good throws.

Now, say in 2009 when TJack and some of these young WRs have a couple more seasons of experience under their belt, LOOK OUT!
    SKOL VIKINGS!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"purplepat" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Perhaps, but I don't have high expectations from TJack this season, especially from a fantasy football perspective.
    I'd be satisfied with 16 TD passes and 16 INTs from TJack this year, as long as it looks like he's generally making good decisions and good throws.

Now, say in 2009 when TJack and some of these young WRs have a couple more seasons of experience under their belt, LOOK OUT!
    Looks like you eventually DO have high expectations though!
    LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"ejmat" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

John Juhasz
    FOXSports.com
    , Updated 4 days ago

Let's factor in his running abilities and the threat he will pose on the goal line because he can run the ball.
    You probably don't need to draft Tjack. In my leaque he went undrafted, so I could pick him up at any time if he starts to show signs of greatness. (I have Payton Manning so I'm set).

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

John Juhasz
    FOXSports.com
    , Updated 4 days ago

You probably don't need to draft Tjack. In my leaque he went undrafted, so I could pick him up at any time if he starts to show signs of greatness. (I have Payton Manning so I'm set).
    Lucky you.
    You are probably right about the TJack being undrafted however people will look at me as being stupid and maybe take me lightly.
    That's my rationalization and I'm sticking to it
    ;D

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Why?
    Because then you can dredge up fantasy football magazine dork predictions from 2007 and say "Ha!
    He showed you!"

Christ, you're a piece of work.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Why?
    Because then you can dredge up fantasy football magazine dork predictions from 2007 and say "Ha!
    He showed you!"

Christ, you're a piece of work.

=Z=
    I'm not sure work is the right word