Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Who is your #4 pick?

"nzvike" wrote:
    Its Barber...

Look at this 2nd half last year. He played like a man posessed as the giants started finding there stride. That offense is going to move and move alot. As the years have gone on his fumbles have gone down and his goal line touch's up. I expect him to be on the feild nearly every down this season. Portis will improve also but im still uncertian on that offense moving to well, if they stop portis they stop that offense. Barber is a more safer pick which you look for in your 1st rounder..

Projections

Barber 1600 rushing, 55 reps for 550 rec, 12 total TD's
    Portis 1700 rushing, 30 reps for 380 rec, 13 TD's

Spose it depends on your scoring system aswell. If RB's get receptions Barbers there with Lamon jordan not far behind..

my top 12 RB's are ranked as such

1. LJ *
    2.SA
    3.LT
    4.tiki
    5.portis
    6.S Jax
    7.Edge
    8.Rudi
    9.Lamont
    10.Brown
    11.Caddy
    12.Westbrook

LJ has SA breathing down his neck in my books. Look what hes been queitly loosing... Vermil, Saunders, Roaf, Richardson with Gonzo and Green downgrading... Seriously thats pretty major right there. SA is safe safe
    Have to disagree with you, Portis > Tiki for several reasons. First, Portis doesn't lose goal line carries; Tiki does (Brandon Jacobs had SEVEN goal line TDs last year). I also trust the Redskins D a lot more than the Giants D, I think the Giants will have to throw more than the Skins to win games. Third, the Skins have better WRs than the Giants (imo), so I think teams will be less inclined to load up the box against the Skins compared to the Giants. Lastly... backs over 30 scare me, man.
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Gotta agree with oddmanout here, backs over 30 have one good season then burn out pretty quickly. Look at Curtis Martin, he had a great season in 2004, is one of the consensus top-5 backs in Fantasy Leagues for 2005, and what happens? He gets beaten up and doesn't even make half the production he did the year before.

Gotta be Portis at 4. Gotta be.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Benet" wrote:
    Gotta agree with oddmanout here, backs over 30 have one good season then burn out pretty quickly. Look at Curtis Martin, he had a great season in 2004, is one of the consensus top-5 backs in Fantasy Leagues for 2005, and what happens? He gets beaten up and doesn't even make half the production he did the year before.

Gotta be Portis at 4. Gotta be.
    Good 'ol Coach Janky Spanky!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

nzvike is offline Training Camp

Tiki now in the 30's dosent worry me a bit. He had his best season just last year which is considered old. He keeps him self in top shape. Your right on both counts that Skins D> giants and portis with more goaline carries. Portis will get more TD's but the giants will visist the goaline alot more than the skins. Barber will see more minutes than portis as brunell wont be able to keep that offense moving at all times. I wouldnt fear the Skins WR's to much anyway, well not at this point. Moss and Cooley are there big guns in that dept. Buress and Shockey will keep defensives back well enough for barber to do well.

This is a tough call, if you ask me tommorow i may say clinton, but still its tiki
    Come Home Davey Dixon, The All Blacks need you

jonnyb is offline Rookie

where would you draft p manning? lots of yards, lots of tds...

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

portis or barber

UMDTwinsfan is offline Rookie

Can't go wrong with Clinton Portis if nothing else you can always watch his new personalities in every press conference and say "Yea, he's on my team"
    Mike Tyson~ "My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."
    [img:01cfef02d5]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/MNTwins757/mine/Chrissfistattempt.jpg[/img:01cfef02d5]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123