Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikes D ranked nr. 6 by Athlon (!)

"Prophet" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I never understand why people post fantasy football crap in the Vikings forum.
    I love playing fantasy football, but i see no relation between fantasy football and reality.
    I put it in the same category as the maddenite way of thinking.
    Fantasy Football is based on stats. We use stats to make comparrisons about teams past and present. The only real difference is that Fantasy Football doesn't usually take into account the most important stat, Wins and Losses.
    Incorrect.
    Fantasy football takes on specific stats that are based on the league that you are in.
    Some leagues use the defensive team, some leagues use individual defensive players, etc.
    There is little to no resemblance to the real game.
    Hence the term "FANTASY".
    There's no reflection of momentum or impact.
    The 1-yard TD plunge is just as valuable as the 50-yard TD run, even though the in-game impact might be totally different.

But in any case, the #6 ranking is not geared towards predicting the success of the Vikings Defense in ANYTHING but producing fantasy points.

Thusly, this dumbass thread is in the wrong forum.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    ...Thusly, this dumbass thread is in the wrong forum.

=Z=
    Someone transferred it to the FF forum, where it should have been in the first place.
    I guess it's no surprise that beating my head into the wall is now a hobby.
    When you're discussing the game with people that can't differentiate between the real game, fantasy football, and video games it is always an uphill battle.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    Someone transferred it to the FF forum, where it should have been in the first place.
    When you're discussing the game with people that can't differentiate between the real game, fantasy football, and video games it is always an uphill battle.
    Dude - Madden, the major FF guides AND Yahoo Sports all say that the Vikings Defense is better than the '85 Bears.
    Time to book those Super Bowl tickets!

=Z=

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I love playing fantasy football, but i see no relation between fantasy football and reality.
    Fantasy Football is based on stats. We use stats to make comparrisons about teams past and present. The only real difference is that Fantasy Football doesn't usually take into account the most important stat, Wins and Losses.
    Incorrect.
    Fantasy football takes on specific stats that are based on the league that you are in.
    Some leagues use the defensive team, some leagues use individual defensive players, etc.
    The best fantasy D is the one that is the most opportunistic, they score points for TDs.
    The leagues that I have been in also included Special Teams in the Def mix.
    That is where the Def is skewed.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Dude - Madden, the major FF guides AND Yahoo Sports all say that the Vikings Defense is better than the '85 Bears.
    Time to book those Super Bowl tickets!

=Z=
    I make reservations every year.. just in case.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Incorrect.
    Hence the term "FANTASY".
    There's no reflection of momentum or impact.
    The 1-yard TD plunge is just as valuable as the 50-yard TD run, even though the in-game impact might be totally different.

But in any case, the #6 ranking is not geared towards predicting the success of the Vikings Defense in ANYTHING but producing fantasy points.

Thusly, this dumbass thread is in the wrong forum.

=Z=
    No stats reflect the impact on the game. Chester ran for 1200 yards doesn't tell me weather or not they were meaningful yards. The raiders gave up 12 points a game doesn't tell me that the raiders actually sucked. Fantasy football stats are the same as football stats. The fantasy football predictions are really no different than the hundred other predictions that have been posted here, meaningless.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    ...The fantasy football predictions are really no different than the hundred other predictions that have been posted here, meaningless.
    I can agree with that, but it still depends on your perspective.
    I look at statistics completely differently for FF than I do for the real game.
    In FF you can look at the stats as separate entities while in real football they are integrated.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    ...The fantasy football predictions are really no different than the hundred other predictions that have been posted here, meaningless.
    I can agree with that, but it still depends on your perspective.
    I look at statistics completely differently for FF than I do for the real game.
    In FF you can look at the stats as separate entities while in real football they are integrated.
    And your team can have a statistically good team for FF, but be lousy (or better) on the real gridiron.

=Z=

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    No stats reflect the impact on the game. Chester ran for 1200 yards doesn't tell me weather or not they were meaningful yards. The raiders gave up 12 points a game doesn't tell me that the raiders actually sucked. Fantasy football stats are the same as football stats. The fantasy football predictions are really no different than the hundred other predictions that have been posted here, meaningless.
    This whole site is useless and meaningless then.
    It is made up of opinions, from fans.

Put the opinions in the right spots.

Fantasy football goes in the fantasy football forum.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Even if it is in the wrong section, what makes Philly's defense so good?

Their aging/ coming off injury linebackers?
    Their old pass rush?
    Their inexperienced DTs?
    Their overrated secondary?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast