Thread: Troy Williamson

ninerfan1978 is offline Waterboy

Troy Williamson

Hello Vikings fans, I am having a dilema with my fantasy football team and thought that maybe you could help me out. I'm trying to figure out who I should start at WR Troy Williamson or TJ Houshmedzadah. I know TJ had a breakout year for the Bengals last season and I know Williamson has came into the league with a lot of hype. But not following the Vikings very close I don't know where Williamson is on the depth chart or how much playing time he is expected to get this season.

Good luck to the Vikings on the upcoming season. Again, not a big Vikings fan, but anytime you guys beat the Packers it puts a smile on my face.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Troy Williamson

Although I like Troy, he is still a rookie and is new to the NFL.

TJ did have a great year last year and looks to be just as good this year. Plus, he is playing against the lowly Browns week 1! Browns = big fantasy points!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I like Troy myself, but I would go with TJ. Regardless if Troy starts all year long, we are loaded with great receivers & tight ends& it's been no secret to us Vikings fans that there is no "clear cut" go to guy. Burelson will be the favored target, but Dante will be spreading the ball around all over the field to different receivers. That's just one reason we will be so dangerous this year.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ninerfan1978 is offline Waterboy

Thanks for the reply, I was leaning toward TJ being a vet, I will probably see what Troy does the first couple of weeks before I give him a chance

douginc is offline Starter

I actually have TJ and TW on my fantasy team too, and I'm definately starting TJ, for the same reasons above. Might as well wait and see how TW performs AND see how often they throw to him. He might be the second coming of Jesus for all I know, but I just don't think the Vikes offensive coordinator is going to be putting in a ton of throws his way on week one.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I added him as one of my waiver picks.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

I drafted Troy in both of my Pay leagues. I needed to pick up bigger sleepers like Brandon Jacobs, Chris Perry, ect. When the time comes where he is really involved in the gameplan hope he is there or stash him on your bench. The time will come, just not this week.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

miakurtzy07 is offline Starter

"douginc" wrote:
    I actually have TJ and TW on my fantasy team too, and I'm definately starting TJ, for the same reasons above. Might as well wait and see how TW performs AND see how often they throw to him. He might be the second coming of Jesus for all I know, but I just don't think the Vikes offensive coordinator is going to be putting in a ton of throws his way on week one.
    That's crazy! I have them both on my team along Randy Moss and Brandon Stokely.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"miakurtzy07" wrote:
    "douginc" wrote:
    That's crazy! I have them both on my team along Randy Moss and Brandon Stokely.
    I took Chad Johnson to go along with Moss in my league. T.J. is nice but C.J is nicer!
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!