Thread: Trade value

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Trade value

In one of my leagues, I am looking to upgrade at quarterback. I have, and would be willing to trade, Willie Parker. Realistically, which QBs would, if you hade them, would you be willing to trade for parker.

I'm not usually very good at figuring out cross-positional value in straight 1-for-1 trades, so if anyone has any good suggestions for figuring that stuffout, I'm all ears.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Trade value

"josdin00" wrote:
    In one of my leagues, I am looking to upgrade at quarterback. I have, and would be willing to trade, Willie Parker. Realistically, which QBs would, if you hade them, would you be willing to trade for parker.

I'm not usually very good at figuring out cross-positional value in straight 1-for-1 trades, so if anyone has any good suggestions for figuring that stuffout, I'm all ears.
    Who are your QBs and other RBs now?

Parker is going to get you some points so depending on what QBs you have now and what other RBs you have, I'm not sure if it would be owrth the trade or not.

Prophet Guest

Depends on the rest of your team and your scoring system.
    It's all about the pts and potential pt production and tradeoffs.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

It really depends on how much another team needs a starting caliber RB, and the depth they have at that position.
    A team that has Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb at QB, but their starting RBs are Kevin Jones and Wali Lundy, might well swap you McNabb for Parker straight up.
    If that same team had, say Ronnie Brown and Rudi Johnson already, you wont get McNabb for Parker straight up.

In leagues that must start two RBs, Parker is probably among the top 15 or so RBs, but down around that 15th spot or so.
    If you assume your top fantasy QBs are the Mannings, Palmer, Brady, McNabb to start with, your second top tier guys are the guys like Culpepper, Bulger, Delhomme, Green, Bledsoe, etc.
    You ought to be able to get one of the second tier guys for Parker if a team needs a RB of Parker's quality.

SKOL VIKINGS!