Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    trade opinions please

    My Roster

    QB Cutler, Delhomme
    RB LT, Barber, Chester Taylor
    WR Wayne, Steve Smith, Hines Ward, Santana Moss
    TE McMichael, LJ Smith
    K Rackers
    DST Vikes(homer pick), Steelers

    I have been offered Reggie Bush & Donte Stallworth for Ward and Barber. We start 3 WR's and its a standard scoring league. I am hesitent to give up such a solid WR corp. Basically I had the first pick so grabbed LT obvioulsy but when every one else went RB and QB
    meanwhile there is one team that has Deion Branch as their best WR and one has Santana Moss. I went with WR since we start 3 along with one other person. Wayne Was my 2nd pick and Smith was my 3rd pick. first week at least I hands down scored the most points. behind the other team that went WR instead.
    He has Holt, Chad Johnson, and Randy Moss.

    Opinons are greatly appreciated.


  2. #2
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: trade opinions please

    use this:

    http://www.kffl.com/static/programs/football/trade_analyzer/
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #3
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: trade opinions please

    In Stallworth's current situation, he's pretty much a throwaway the way things are shaping up....
    So the question is, is Bushy vs. Barber worth it for what else you'd lose.... I couldn't see you starting Stallworth other than a bye-week option.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  4. #4
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: trade opinions please

    Projected points for what it is worth.
    Bush, Reggie RB NO 178.0
    Barber, Marion RB DAL 140.0
    Ward, Hines WR PIT 136.0
    Stallworth, Donte' WR NE 100.0

    Tough call.
    You have to look at what you "think" will happen the rest of the season.


  5. #5
    SKOL's Avatar
    SKOL is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,735

    Re: trade opinions please

    For what it's worth I've always found it's best to go with your gut feeling rather than over-analyze.

    The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

  6. #6
    Desertvikingfan's Avatar
    Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    395

    Re: trade opinions please

    Bush for Barber is a no brainer. Stallworth probably won't be at all consistent, so giving up Ward for him is a loser. If you have flex position this works, but if you have to play 3 wides every week it doesn't really make sense for you.

  7. #7
    thevikingfan's Avatar
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,489

    Re: trade opinions please

    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    Bush for Barber is a no brainer. Stallworth probably won't be at all consistent, so giving up Ward for him is a loser. If you have flex position this works, but if you have to play 3 wides every week it doesn't really make sense for you.
    I dont think barber for bush is a no brainer.Barber scored 16 td's last year and i will pick him oer bush in a heart beat

  8. #8
    lakehubertviking is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    618

    Re: trade opinions please

    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    Bush for Barber is a no brainer. Stallworth probably won't be at all consistent, so giving up Ward for him is a loser. If you have flex position this works, but if you have to play 3 wides every week it doesn't really make sense for you.
    I dont think barber for bush is a no brainer.Barber scored 16 td's last year and i will pick him oer bush in a heart beat
    I agree if you don't get points per reception I'd rather have Barber and Ward.
    Bush still seems to be feast or famine, MBIII looked good in that last game even though Julius Jones looked decent too.

  9. #9
    thevikingfan's Avatar
    thevikingfan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,489

    Re: trade opinions please

    "lakehubertviking" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    Bush for Barber is a no brainer. Stallworth probably won't be at all consistent, so giving up Ward for him is a loser. If you have flex position this works, but if you have to play 3 wides every week it doesn't really make sense for you.
    I dont think barber for bush is a no brainer.Barber scored 16 td's last year and i will pick him oer bush in a heart beat
    I agree if you don't get points per reception I'd rather have Barber and Ward.
    Bush still seems to be feast or famine, MBIII looked good in that last game even though Julius Jones looked decent too.
    Reggie bush had 545 rushing yards and 6 td and 749 recieving yards with 2 tds

    Barber had 654 rushing yards (more than bush) along with 14 tds and he also had 196 recieving yards/ and 2 reciving tds.

    so the only thing you gain with bush is 500 recieving yards and lose 8 tds

  10. #10
    Desertvikingfan's Avatar
    Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    395

    Re: trade opinions please

    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    "lakehubertviking" wrote:
    "thevikingfan" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    Bush for Barber is a no brainer. Stallworth probably won't be at all consistent, so giving up Ward for him is a loser. If you have flex position this works, but if you have to play 3 wides every week it doesn't really make sense for you.
    I dont think barber for bush is a no brainer.Barber scored 16 td's last year and i will pick him oer bush in a heart beat
    I agree if you don't get points per reception I'd rather have Barber and Ward.
    Bush still seems to be feast or famine, MBIII looked good in that last game even though Julius Jones looked decent too.
    Reggie bush had 545 rushing yards and 6 td and 749 recieving yards with 2 tds

    Barber had 654 rushing yards (more than bush) along with 14 tds and he also had 196 recieving yards/ and 2 reciving tds.

    so the only thing you gain with bush is 500 recieving yards and lose 8 tds
    I like Bush this year, I don't think Barber will match last year performance and I think Bush could see a lot more oppurtunities near the goal line than he did last year. Could be wrong, in FF, it wouldn't be the first time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trade proposal? Some opinions please
    By Mikecarter81 in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 08:22 PM
  2. Looking for some opinions :-)
    By Vikingsx92 in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 01:57 PM
  3. Opinions on a good trade for Culpepper???
    By ThaSuperFreak33 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 02-03-2006, 03:42 AM
  4. Need your opinions
    By akvikefan89 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-07-2005, 07:08 PM
  5. Need some opinions...
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 09:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •