NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Toughest choice of season for me, so far....

I've had a number of tough calls to make this season so far, but this one is by far the toughest.

Do I start Favre on the road VS the Panthers?

Or do I start Orton, at home, VS the Raiders?

I keep bouncing back and forth with the choice, I believe it is really going to be that close.

One thing I don't like is, if we have a safe lead going into the 4th Q VS the Panthers, I believe Chilly will pull Favre and plug in TJ....This alone could bit me.

Denver is playing a big rival, at home, and each win is very important for them right now. Plus, BM has been on fire at the WR position, and I can see Two TD passes alone to BM from Orton this week..

Right now I have Orton plugged in to start, but that has changed a couple of times this week already...LOL

Help sell me on your thoughts..

Ned

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Re:Toughest choice of season for me, so far....

Gotta believe the raiders stud corner is gonna be on lockdown on BM.....

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Toughest choice of season for me, so far....

tough one. I personally don't really think Orton is a sure thing for anything. He'll have some good games, he doesn't really have bad games, but he's not the kind of guy to put up 3+ td's or 300 yards on a semi-consistent basis. That, and the Broncos have really started slipping over the past two months.

in y/g, Favre is 10th, Orton is 18th
    in t'ds, Favre is 3rd, Orton is 16th
    in int's, Favre is 1st, Orton is 8th (not counting VY and Quinn, who are 1st and 2nd, but haven't played nearly as much)

I don't see this game as the type of game where Favre will be pulled at half. Maybe late in the fourth, but I'm betting he'll play the full game, but thats just me.

molineviking is offline Asst. Coach

Favre-27TD's QB Rating 2nd

Orton-16TD's QB Rating 15th

Denvers top three receivers in TD's 9,3,2
    Minnesotas top three receivers in TD's 9,6,5,

Denver=Marshall, Stokely, Royal
    Minnesota=Rice, Berrian, Shiancoe, Harvin-if he plays

Panthers give up 30pts a game
    Raiders 28pts

Panthers 192yds given up in passing per game
    Raiders 218yds

Sure TJ might get some garbage time, AFTER we're up by 28-so thats a good thing, Favre will get 3 TD's this game is my prediction, Marshall has got to be getting doubled from now on.
    Even if the Vikings lose, I can still find happiness in Bears, and Packer losses.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Start Favre. He is 3 tds away from breaking another record, so he will get that this week.
    That Raiders D is actually pretty good and might cause some turnovers or hold the broncos to only 24 points.
    We're bringing purple back.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

gregair13 wrote:
    Start Favre. He is 3 tds away from breaking another record, so he will get that this week.
    That Raiders D is actually pretty good and might cause some turnovers or hold the broncos to only 24 points.
    Thats it, I went with the Silver Fox himself...LOL To be honest, I didn't even give Young much of a thought ( Titans ), but he had a hell of a game and I would have been happy with his points, if I did consider and play him. One never knows.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

NordicNed wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    Thats it, I went with the Silver Fox himself...LOL To be honest, I didn't even give Young much of a thought ( Titans ), but he had a hell of a game and I would have been happy with his points, if I did consider and play him. One never knows.
    Good thing you did that.. Cutler already started his INT passing
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

green hornet is offline Starter

I got a tough choice this week in two leagues.
    One I have boldin, s smith car, sims walker, r white, thinking of sitting sims walker, this past week I sat r white and that worked out well.

In another league I have reggie wayne, s smith car, h nicks. I have to start 2 since we can start 3 rbs. I have peterson, c johnson, j charles, c benson, j harrison. I start the first 3 rbs, thinking of sitting wayne and playing smith,nicks, since they host the jets, shutdown corner revis, and really dont have a ton to play for.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Ned... good luck tonight... comes down to the Monday nighter again... either way.. it was a fun season.

BTW.. power outage for either of your choices.. Packers defense and Welker are killing me.. live by the sword or fall upon it.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Formo wrote:
    NordicNed wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    Good thing you did that.. Cutler already started his INT passing
    Favre sucked too. Who ended up with more points?
    We're bringing purple back.