Prophet Guest

Tomlinson: #1 pick solidified.

KFFL
    Chargers | Tomlinson could see increased role
    Tue, 11 Jul 2006 19:25:54 -0700

Vic Carucci, of NFL.com, reports San Diego Chargers RB LaDainian Tomlinson may see an increased role in the passing game to help nurture the confidence of first-year starter QB Philip Rivers.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Tomlinson: #1 pick solidified.

I remember a few years back when he had 1000 yards and 100 catches and he didn't even make the Pro Bowl...what a joke! I like LT, so as long as we're not playing against him I think his "increased" role would be fun to watch.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

I'll question your title of "#1 pick solidified". While I'll agree that in most leagues, Tomlinson should probably be one of the first three guys picked, I'm not convinced he is/should be the #1 guy this season. It's going to be hard to go against either Larry Johnson or Shaun Alexander as the #1 pick. No one knows what Priest Holmes future with the Chiefs is, but Johnson is clearly the future of the franchise. If you extrapolate Johnson's production last season over 16 full games, well, it's just sick. People continue to underestimate Alexander as a fantasy back, but the guy just continues to pound in the TDs. 16, 18, 16, 20 and 28 TDs the past 5 seasons, with nearly 1700 and 1900 yards rushing the past two seasons.

Tomlinson is no doubt up there in that rarified air, with 15, 17, 18 and 20 TDs over the past four seasons, but his total yardage production of around 1800-1850 yards the past two seasons are a far cry from the 2150-2300+ he had the two seasons before. With a virtual rookie QB in Philip Rivers piloting the Chargers this season, defenses will be keying on Tomlinson until Rivers proves he can beat them with his arm. For this reason, I rate Tomlinson as the #3 pick (unless your league gives points for receptions the way the Purple Pride league does). Even then, I'd probably still rate Larry Johnson over LT unless we find out that Priest Holmes will play a major role in the KC offense.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

I always want the #3 pick for all the reasons purplepat just described.. I had it in one of my Yahoo Fantasy Football games last year and rode Tomlinson all the way to the playoffs..

The guy before me took Culpepper.. Which is the decision I was fearing more than anything (Tomlinson or Culpepper). But we all know how that turned out! :grin:

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

I have the #1 pick this year. I have a three sided dice. I have enscribed initials of LJ, LT, SA on each side. I will roll it when I get there.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

It depends on how your fantasy league give points, sometimes pass catching RBs come in more useful when you get good points for receptions and yards.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

IMO Larry J would be first, then alexander, then LT...mostly because LJ and Alexander are scoring machines WITHIN a balanced offense.