Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    hovan's Avatar
    hovan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,903

    Re: Ten reasons why I detest the fantasy football craze

    Snow, it feels sooooo good, you gotta just have one, one team...come on



    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    Personally, I think this is a poorly written article that is just going for readership. I guess Don is a little too pin-headed to handle following his team and delving into the fantasy world too. Fantasy football is a perfect match for a football fan, little Donny needs to give it a shot and he will be as addicted as the rest of us.
    The addiction part of it is right. I can't stay away from it once I get started. That is why I am trying my hardest not to get into any leagues this year. I am still clean. Haven't touched it since the early part of Dec last year.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

  2. #12
    vikes09's Avatar
    vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,260

    Re: Ten reasons why I detest the fantasy football craze

    2. It glorifies stat accumulators at the expense of team players. All you need to know about what's wrong with the fantasy game can be summed up in this fact: Because of his superior statistics, Colts quarterback Peyton Manning is far more valuable in fantasy football than Patriots quarterback Tom Brady. Never mind that Manning can't beat Brady in a real game to save his life. Manning is 0-6 head-to-head against Brady in his career, including losses in each of the past two postseasons.

    But it doesn't matter in fantasy-land, where some numbers are far more significant than the final score.


    ive read alot of crappy articles, but this one takes the cake. especially the bolded part. that is a flat out the dumbest statement that someone getting paid to talk about football has said (almost). tom brady never faces peyton because theyre both on offense and never once step on the field at the same time. now the patriots DEFENSE has made peyton 0-6, not tom brady who didnt get very many points against the colts defense which isnt very good for "2 time superbowl MVP". :evil:

  3. #13
    sunny's Avatar
    sunny is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    373

    Re: Ten reasons why I detest the fantasy football craze

    When I read that all I could think of is this guy is just trying to get his name out there for blasting the biggest thing to hit football in years.




    Kind of reminds me of TO
    I.B.O.T. #213

  4. #14
    ShanePurpleBlood's Avatar
    ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    772

    Re: Ten reasons why I detest the fantasy football craze

    That guy is stupid. I never root against my team, I don't start people that play the Vikings. Fantasy Football makes otherwise not interesting games more interesting.

    Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

  5. #15
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: Ten reasons why I detest the fantasy football craze

    What does this guy care? The Super Bowl is all that really matters! It's not really hurting the sport at all! Fantasy football is very different from regular football. It doesn't HAVE to be the same! It's supposed to be FUN. Most sensible people would rather cheer for their favorite REAL team than their own fantasy team. The fact that most people would rather have Peyton Manning on their fantasy team than Tom Brady DOESN'T mean that they don't value winning. And any self-respecting player would rather win a Super Bowl than put up big numbers (there are some exceptions, but they are a disgrace to the NFL). We know how to separate fantasy from reality.

    And here's a thought: Why doesn't this guy take the time to actually PLAY fantasy football before he bemoans it as the end of professional football as we know it?


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  6. #16
    sunny's Avatar
    sunny is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    373

    Re: Ten reasons why I detest the fantasy football craze

    "ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:
    That guy is stupid. I never root against my team, I don't start people that play the Vikings. Fantasy Football makes otherwise not interesting games more interesting.
    The last couple of years I always start players going against the Vikes. Not that I root for them but as bad as our D was I could not pass up an opportunty like that ops:
    I.B.O.T. #213

  7. #17
    PAvikesfan's Avatar
    PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,037

    Re: Ten reasons why I detest the fantasy football craze

    he's a tool bag...

    #7:

    yes, you get confused loyalty but not about your favorite team... i make a concerted effort to sit greenbay players, if i have any, when they are playing the vikes. i always would rather have the vikes win than have my fAntasy team win...though when both ahppen i feel pretty darn good.

    I also enjoy a good onlin bet parlay or otherwise, that is the only gambling i even do and only during football season.

    FF is not the reason there is less of an offseason...it is the NFL network and NFL Films fault.

    again this guy is a toolbag.

    I actually watch more games and understand more teams because of FF. When the vikes play a team that they normally don't from season to season, i now know much more about the team to make predictions and instead of ranting like a Bears fan and saying "54-3...dah Bears!"

  8. #18
    JDogg926's Avatar
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,786

    Re: Ten reasons why I detest the fantasy football craze

    "PAvikesfan" wrote:
    he's a tool bag...

    #7:

    yes, you get confused loyalty but not about your favorite team... i make a concerted effort to sit greenbay players, if i have any, when they are playing the vikes. i always would rather have the vikes win than have my fAntasy team win...though when both ahppen i feel pretty darn good.

    I also enjoy a good onlin bet parlay or otherwise, that is the only gambling i even do and only during football season.

    FF is not the reason there is less of an offseason...it is the NFL network and NFL Films fault.

    again this guy is a toolbag.

    I actually watch more games and understand more teams because of FF. When the vikes play a team that they normally don't from season to season, i now know much more about the team to make predictions and instead of ranting like a Bears fan and saying "54-3...dah Bears!"
    I make a concerted effort to not draft Green Bay players, same as with the Yankees in baseball. The only way I'll draft either is if it's a player that's impossible to pass in a late round and they're still there.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

  9. #19
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: Ten reasons why I detest the fantasy football craze

    "sunny" wrote:
    "ShanePurpleBlood" wrote:
    That guy is stupid. I never root against my team, I don't start people that play the Vikings. Fantasy Football makes otherwise not interesting games more interesting.
    The last couple of years I always start players going against the Vikes. Not that I root for them but as bad as our D was I could not pass up an opportunty like that ops:

    Ever since I started Duece McCallister over Shaun Alexander(when he scored 5 TD's against us), I have started my fantasy players against us. This year I may have to think if I should or not, with our improved D.

  10. #20
    6-KINGS Guest

    Re: Ten reasons why I detest the fantasy football craze

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    The first reason was enough for me...not to knock you guys that do play FF...but I only want to watch it for the pure sport of it all...and I never want to be stuck rooting AGAINST my team...for any reason!

    GO VIKES!!!
    Ditto Cajun.

    Took the words right out of my fingers.

    But fantasy soccer sounds good.
    You could be gone all day or do whatever you wanted and not miss a thing.


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. The iPod craze has just gone too far
    By singersp in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 10:55 PM
  2. PP.O fantasy football help
    By vikeswin2005 in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 12:01 PM
  3. Pro football players play fantasy football too!
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2006, 05:23 PM
  4. Fantasy Football help!
    By Lungshot in forum Fantasy Football Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 12:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •