Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Abe Froman is offline Rookie

Should I pick up and start Eli?

He's been cut and is a FA in 2 of my leagues. He's sucked, but they are playing our secondary. To top it off, Smith and Rhodes got nicked up... I think this is going to be a good game for Eli...

My current starters are Newton and Ryan. Have Rivers and Flacco as backups. I wouldn't cut a QB to do this, but I have a scrub on each team who would be replace able in week 8 after I cut Eli.
    Trying out some new forums since I got my ip banned on Purple Chat 2 weeks ago...

drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Froman View Post
    He's been cut and is a FA in 2 of my leagues. He's sucked, but they are playing our secondary. To top it off, Smith and Rhodes got nicked up... I think this is going to be a good game for Eli...

My current starters are Newton and Ryan. Have Rivers and Flacco as backups. I wouldn't cut a QB to do this, but I have a scrub on each team who would be replace able in week 8 after I cut Eli.
    I had Eli last year when he was lighting it up, and even then, it was all or nothing. One week he gave you 30, the next week 12... both games were victories for the giants.

He is a spot start QB, not a everyday guy. I expect Cam to do what he does every year, and explode in the second half. He gets hotter and hotter as the season progresses, I can't wait to see him actually get into the playoffs...prolly not this year tho.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by drewlovs View Post
    I had Eli last year when he was lighting it up, and even then, it was all or nothing. One week he gave you 30, the next week 12... both games were victories for the giants.

He is a spot start QB, not a everyday guy. I expect Cam to do what he does every year, and explode in the second half. He gets hotter and hotter as the season progresses, I can't wait to see him actually get into the playoffs...prolly not this year tho.
    Yeah, it's risky. I'm going to check on the opposing lineup. Currently I'm in 2nd in the league I'm considering doing this in. Probably not a good time to start tinkering if I don't need to.
    Trying out some new forums since I got my ip banned on Purple Chat 2 weeks ago...

VIPER420 is offline Rookie
    Against the vikes defense...seems like the one game where he should get a start. And every other QB we face this year should be an easy couple of TD's and a boat load of yards too!

drewlovs is offline Pro-Bowler
    Yeah, I expect Cruz to be dancing a lot on Monday.
    Men are moved by two levers only: fear and self interest.
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte

PAViking is offline Rookie
    I did. I needed a fill in for Brees. Hopefully, it works out.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Abe Froman View Post

Yes. And get Reuben Randle while you're at it.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Picked up Rueben Randle 2 weeks ago, just in time for his 13 point game against the Bears. I expect he gets that or more against our secondary.....

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Should I pick up and start Eli?

For this week, yes.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Quote Originally Posted by slavinator View Post
    Picked up Rueben Randle 2 weeks ago, just in time for his 13 point game against the Bears. I expect he gets that or more against our secondary.....
    He was available in one of my leagues around the same time. I should have picked him up.

I never did pick up Eli, but still managed to get a win with Cam Newton at the helm. Just moved into 1st but most seems like half of my team is on their bye week this week, so... This could be a short lived run at the top.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast