vikesfan is offline Starter

Question about Smoot

Hey, I am VERY excited that we signed Smoot last week. I have heard mostly great things about him. However, I never watched any Redskins games (except for week 17 when they beat the Vikes) so I really haven't seen this guy play. But in that week 17 game, I do remember that Burleson was wide open for like a 60 or 70 yard TD pass that he dropped, and then Moss was wide open for the TD that was called back on a holding penalty. Was Smoot the guy covering those receivers on those particular plays, does anybody know? I think he's a huge upgrade to our defense, but I was just wondering this because I did hear a Redskin fan saying that he was nothing more than a decent corner with a huge ego. Also, Burleson doesn't have great speed so I hope it wasn't Smoot that he burned on that play. Moss, however, I could understand. But regardless, I am really excited that we signed him as well as Sharper and Williams. It's weird to think we may actually have a respectable defense this year.

mossfan8484 is offline Waterboy

Question about Smoot

Smoot was injured that game.

UMDTwinsfan is offline Rookie

Question about Smoot

true this is which makes it all the more disappointing we lost that game cuz i believe springs was out for atleast part of the game too if not the entire thing
    Mike Tyson~ "My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."
    [img:01cfef02d5]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/MNTwins757/mine/Chrissfistattempt.jpg[/img:01cfef02d5]

vikesfan is offline Starter

Question about Smoot

Thanks for that info. It makes me feel better to know that he wasn't playing in that game because even though we lost, it didn't look like our receivers had too tough of a time getting open, at least on the deep passes. So thank you guys for the info.