Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: PPO FF - BE CAREFUL WHEN MAKING PICKS!!!!!

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    Okay -

The Tinglehoff division had a couple of issues tonight.
    Some people didn't show, but I was able to speed that along by setting them to auto-draft.

However, SOME of the teams had issues with getting the players they wanted.
    The anecdotal evidence suggests that - on the Live Draft page - putting players into your "queue" and then selecting from there did not work.
    The suggestion was that using the ALL-ALL in the listing solved the problem.
    I missed most of that.

I dunno - I wasn't drafting, so I didn't see the problems.
    But I would suggest that you all be VERY VERY VERY careful when choosing and drafting a player.
    I will NOT be able to correct mistakes, because things happen so quickly.
    If a mistake is made (system OR human) and I don't fix it before the next person drafts, then the mistake holds.
    That draft (if I dare call it that) was lame, and by not being able to select the players we wanted takes most of the fun away.

After screwing me over 5 rounds in a row (trying different things each time to make it work), I set mine to auto pick logged out.

Most of us in our division had the same problem and I think that we should do it over, if the majority of us agreed to it of course.
    I can find another owner to play if you'd rather not.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Nightgaunt is offline Starter

"Zeus" wrote:
    Okay -

Some people didn't show, but I was able to speed that along by setting them to auto-draft.

The anecdotal evidence suggests that - on the Live Draft page - putting players into your "queue" and then selecting from there did not work.
    I missed most of that.

But I would suggest that you all be VERY VERY VERY careful when choosing and drafting a player.
    If a mistake is made (system OR human) and I don't fix it before the next person drafts, then the mistake holds.

=Z=
    That draft (if I dare call it that) was lame, and by not being able to select the players we wanted takes most of the fun away.

After screwing me over 5 rounds in a row (trying different things each time to make it work), I set mine to auto pick logged out.

Most of us in our division had the same problem and I think that we should do it over, if the majority of us agreed to it of course.
    I think you would have more of a gripe if this was a pay league but it's not Webby and some others pay money out of there own pocket to run that site and our FF. I really don't know what caused it, out of all the rounds i got 3 players i didn't pick and they were all early so it really wasn't so bad for me.

Who was it that picked Chris Chambers and got a kicker? OMG i almost had beer coming out of my nose when that happened from laughing so hard. Like someone said above, this will make it more interesting then anything and imho could actually make it funner in a way, especially if one of the players you were given that you didn't pick ends up doing better then the player you wanted. Just make the best of it man, its a PPO league meant to be here for fun.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    Okay -

I missed most of that.

=Z=
    **Cough**

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    Okay -

I missed most of that.

=Z=
    Our draft seemed to work just fine with teh exception of a certain team picking a Te no one had ever heard of.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Garland" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    Okay -

I missed most of that.

=Z=
    Our draft seemed to work just fine with teh exception of a certain team picking a Te no one had ever heard of.
    James Adkisson is going to light it up this year

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    Okay -

I missed most of that.

=Z=
    Did someone piss in your corn flakes? I just offered a solution to the (your?) fuck up. The draft didn't work. It wasn't a "draft" at all...and I kept the date and time open for weeks and even agreed to changing the date and time at the last minute to accommodate other members that couldn't make the original date.

Furthermore, the previous two seasons I played (not consecutive) I submitted lineups and participated exactly as I am supposed to (not to mention I had the best record in my division each year heading into the playoffs).

So to be a dick about this is out of line. But, fuck it, it’s free right? Let’s play.

PAViking is offline Rookie

I had a few picks go astray too. But like gally said it was kinda fun to see who you actually got.
    Like a lottery.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Sorry I missed the draft, had to go to north dokato and hang with some Canadian lesbians all weekend. Any way I pretty much like the picks I got. I probably wouldn't have picked a defense and kicker so early but all in all not bad.(I'm week at QB, I've got Jay Cutler, Matt Schaub, and Jamarcus Russel, ugg).
    Thanks Webby and Zeus(and everyone else that helped) to make this such a great event.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

So to be a dick about this is out of line. But, fuck it, it’s free right? Let’s play.
    My apologies.
    We're doing the best we can with the system we have.
    My first year running the drafts.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12