Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: PPO FF - ALL OWNERS - Divisions, Draft Order, Draft Date/Time set

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    Looking at the scoring a [s]couple[/s] several things jumped out at me.

1. 3 pts for passing tds as apposed to 6 for any other td, with 20 passign yards per point.

This will change the dynamic quite a bit, last year my yahoo leagues were very td heavy, i think it was 6pts for a passing td and 1 pt for every 50 yards. So a 300yd 1 td performance would be 18pts and in my old league it would have been 12pts while a 160yd and 3td is worth 17pts and in my old league it would be 21. I sucked last year so this can only help me, I hope. ;D

2. 1 pt for every 5 rushing attempts. Not sure why this is worth a point, I mean in theory if you run 5 times you should gain 20yards and get your 2 points. With this you can run 5 times for -20 yards and you still get a point. Maybe I won't have to deactivate every back that plays the vikings, maybe not.

3.1 pt for every reception. This might really change the order guys are taken in compared to other drafts, I might consider westbrook ahead of AD now because westbrook catches more passes(actually I doubt either will be available when I pick at 11 ;D).

4. no penalty for fumbles lost. The only negative are -1 for an interception and -3 for a missed extra point(ouch, lose as many points as you got for the passing td that lead to the extra point).

5. No negative on defense. The worst a defense can do is 0 points, and that would be hard. In other leagues I've been in if you gave up 25+ points you went into the negative, or if you gave up over 350 yards.
    As this is my first season as Commissioner, I made the decision NOT to mess with the scoring system from last year.
    So - what you see is what was in place for 2007.

After this season, I will post a thread here to discuss how it worked and what changes could be made to make it better, if any.
    I, personally, have some issues with the scoring system, but, again, decided that it would be better (for me) to leave it alone so I can analyze as the season progresses.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Zeus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Looking at the scoring a [s]couple[/s] several things jumped out at me.

1. 3 pts for passing tds as apposed to 6 for any other td, with 20 passign yards per point.

This will change the dynamic quite a bit, last year my yahoo leagues were very td heavy, i think it was 6pts for a passing td and 1 pt for every 50 yards. So a 300yd 1 td performance would be 18pts and in my old league it would have been 12pts while a 160yd and 3td is worth 17pts and in my old league it would be 21. I sucked last year so this can only help me, I hope. ;D

2. 1 pt for every 5 rushing attempts. Not sure why this is worth a point, I mean in theory if you run 5 times you should gain 20yards and get your 2 points. With this you can run 5 times for -20 yards and you still get a point. Maybe I won't have to deactivate every back that plays the vikings, maybe not.

3.1 pt for every reception. This might really change the order guys are taken in compared to other drafts, I might consider westbrook ahead of AD now because westbrook catches more passes(actually I doubt either will be available when I pick at 11 ;D).

4. no penalty for fumbles lost. The only negative are -1 for an interception and -3 for a missed extra point(ouch, lose as many points as you got for the passing td that lead to the extra point).

5. No negative on defense. The worst a defense can do is 0 points, and that would be hard. In other leagues I've been in if you gave up 25+ points you went into the negative, or if you gave up over 350 yards.
    As this is my first season as Commissioner, I made the decision NOT to mess with the scoring system from last year.
    So - what you see is what was in place for 2007.

After this season, I will post a thread here to discuss how it worked and what changes could be made to make it better, if any.
    I, personally, have some issues with the scoring system, but, again, decided that it would be better (for me) to leave it alone so I can analyze as the season progresses.

=Z=
    Not complaining just pointing things out hoping to help others/see what others think. Doesn't really matter as long as the rules are the same for everyone and everyone can see them up front.

Your doing a great job, way to take charge. Last year I was the commish for a yahoo ppo league, it was tough, the draft ended up happening about 6 hours later than it was schedule and I got to deal with the complaints. Of course that was just for fun and unofficial, I can't imagine the complaints you'll get from being "the official ppo fantasy football" commissioner. good luck

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i won't nag on the rules. they are the same for everyone, and therefore they are fair.

nice work Zeus!
    We're bringing purple back.

"gregair13" wrote:
    i won't nag on the rules. they are the same for everyone, and therefore they are fair.

nice work Zeus!
    Here's the thing - I absolutely promise to have a Post-Mortem discussion after the season where all rules and such will be discussed.
    And, at that time, I'll DEMAND just this sort of input from you mokes!

=Z=

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

nice work Zeus!
    Here's the thing - I absolutely promise to have a Post-Mortem discussion after the season where all rules and such will be discussed.

=Z=
    i won't complain because i am going to win... but if i don't, someone will hear about it
    We're bringing purple back.

"gregair13" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:

nice work Zeus!
    i won't complain because i am going to win... but if i don't, someone will hear about it
    Squeak squeak squeak, newb.
    Squeak all season long as you're dominated by The Gods of Football.

=Z=

GALLY is offline Starter

For the Rookies, I have a couple questions about the rules:

Lineups:
    It said lineups are due at the kickoff of players game but it also said no partial lineups allowed.
    That seems a bit contradictory.
    When is the lineup due?

Taxi Squad:
    What makes a player eligible for the taxi squad?

IR:
    If I understood correctly any player listed on the injury report can be placed on IR.
    Is that correct?

I am sure I may have more but it's a start.....

"GALLY" wrote:
    For the Rookies, I have a couple questions about the rules:

Lineups:
    It said lineups are due at the kickoff of players game but it also said no partial lineups allowed.
    That seems a bit contradictory.
    When is the lineup due?

Taxi Squad:
    What makes a player eligible for the taxi squad?

IR:
    If I understood correctly any player listed on the injury report can be placed on IR.
    Is that correct?

I am sure I may have more but it's a start.....
    Lineups:
    At the start of the player's game.
    I know, that's not helpful.
    However, if you start a player who plays in a Thanksgiving game, I don't believe that you're stuck starting the rest of your lineup as submitted.

That's it - jogged the memory.
    You MUST submit a complete lineup every time you submit a lineup, but you can CHANGE the players and submit a NEW lineup any time up until the players' game starts.
    Example:
    You submit a lineup with 1 WR who plays at 3pm.
    You also have another WR who plays at 3pm.
    At 2:30pm, you see that your starter is out because he hurt his knee in warmups.
    You can then submit a NEW lineup with the changed WR - but you won't be able to change any of the other players because their games have already begun.

Unlike, say, Yahoo, you don't start players in this league one-by-one.
    You submit a lineup.
    The lineup must be complete (as the rule states), but you can continue to submit lineups for a week right up until each individual player's game has begun.

Taxi Squad:
    You can put any player on your roster on the taxi squad.

IR:
    Yes, you understand correctly.

=Z=

GALLY is offline Starter

Thanks - it clears some things up.

Articnv is offline Coach

peopelion the godl division

PAVikesFan PAVikesFan 0-0-0 .000 0.0 - 0 0.0 0 0.0 0-0-0 0-0-0
    SteaminWillieBeamins SteaminWillieBeamins 0-0-0 .000 0.0 - 0 0.0 0 0.0 0-0-0 0-0-0
    Scurvy Dogs Scurvy Dogs 0-0-0 .000 0.0 - 0 0.0 0 0.0 0-0-0 0-0-0
    Art's Gridiron Masters Art's Gridiron Masters 0-0-0 .000 0.0 - 0 0.0 0 0.0 0-0-0 0-0-0
    xrayJeff xrayJeff 0-0-0 .000 0.0 - 0 0.0 0 0.0 0-0-0 0-0-0
    Bama's Bourbon Bums Bama's Bourbon Bums 0-0-0 .000 0.0 - 0 0.0 0 0.0 0-0-0 0-0-0
    FuadFan FuadFan 0-0-0 .000 0.0 - 0 0.0 0 0.0 0-0-0 0-0-0
    The Noresmen The Noresmen 0-0-0 .000 0.0 - 0 0.0 0 0.0 0-0-0 0-0-0
    PPE's Hootin' and Hollerin' Hicktown Hillbillies PPE's Hootin' and Hollerin' Hicktown Hillbillies 0-0-0 .000 0.0 - 0 0.0 0 0.0 0-0-0 0-0-0
    Jmcdon00 the destroyer Jmcdon00 the destroyer 0-0-0 .000 0.0 - 0 0.0 0 0.0 0-0-0 0-0-0
    The Anchormen The Anchormen 0-0-0 .000 0.0 - 0 0.0 0 0.0 0-0-0 0-0-0
    The Tony Danzas The Tony Danzas 0-0-0 .000 0.0 - 0 0.0 0 0.0 0-0-0 0-0-0

Would u gusy be willing to
    change the draft date to
    sat, as i can not get off from work and
    we no longer of the net at my job,
    or alterntivly
    if there a spot in the europe divison i coudl do that as itt suits my tiem schedule

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast