Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: PPO - FANTASY FOOTBALL - 2007 Post-Mortem thread

"ThorSPL" wrote:
    When do we get to sign up for next year??
    Do avid participaters from last year get auto-slots???
    AFAIK, nothing is going yet.
    But last year, I was an auto-invite since I was involved the year prior in PPO FF.

This is just me trying to get a free-flow discussion going about the setup of the league last year.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Zeus" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    one change- i want in
    To my knowledge, Ultra kept a list from last year of those who wanted it and didn't make it and those who didn't play.
    IMHO, those who didn't play go to the bottom of the list and if you tried to sign up last year, you'll get in this year.

=Z=
    Hope us folks in the division that got auto-drafted get to play this year. I know I really lost interest after that, I submitted most of my depth charts but know I missed a few.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    I think the time that the draft is shouldn't be so ridiculous late for us Europeans, that why i got M.Vick in the first round last year!!!

I'm trying to think Mr.H., What could help with that problem.
    I wouldn't mind a morning Draft.....Do you think an early morning draft, based on US Time, would help you guys on the other side?..

Just a thougt, and I would be fine with it.

Ned
    You could have a time like for you guys 5/6 PM then it would be 11/12 PM here.
    It's tough because you don't know who could, there are always times somebody can't but if there are more europeans i think it's just stupid to have us to stay up 'till 2 AM or so... I'm fine with everything really ofcourse we are a minority..
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    I think the time that the draft is shouldn't be so ridiculous late for us Europeans, that why i got M.Vick in the first round last year!!!

I wouldn't mind a morning Draft.....Do you think an early morning draft, based on US Time, would help you guys on the other side?..

Ned
    It's tough because you don't know who could, there are always times somebody can't but if there are more europeans i think it's just stupid to have us to stay up 'till 2 AM or so... I'm fine with everything really ofcourse we are a minority..
    Um,
    just have the divisions be based on the peoples common location.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:

Ned
    that's true we are in the minority but there's nothing wrong with setting up to auto draft. You can specify players, position or best player available. I did that last year and won my division and made the Anti Packer Platoon Championship game - so making a live draft doesn't always guarantee a good team.
    Just my two pennyworth
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Billy" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:

Ned
    Um,
    You know what Billy Boy, that might not be such a bad idea.....You should run it by webby when th e
    time comes....I could if you want me to, and then I could ask everyone interested in returning and joining for first time to send me their name and home town,, State, and Country.
    I could break them all down by region and see how it looked.

Nice idea I think Billy Boy,
    Thanks
    ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:

Ned
    that's true we are in the minority but there's nothing wrong with setting up to auto draft. You can specify players, position or best player available. I did that last year and won my division and made the Anti Packer Platoon Championship game - so making a live draft doesn't always guarantee a good team.
    Just my two pennyworth

Anglo, thats exactly what the pre picks auto draft is for, nice to see you took the time to take advantage of it and it panned out nicely for you.
    To many where upset they didn't draft their teams and the computer had to on its own. Not a good thing when you can get stuck with injured players or players not even around for year, ala Vick.

I did draft last year and had a solid year. year before, I missed the draft and the computer took over for me....I had an okay year....

But even if you get a computer picked team that isn't all that great, any savy player can build that team into a winner.
    Like Zeus mentioned,
    look what he did by just upgrading his team weekly.

I was also very active, for the first time, with dropping and picking players up all season.
    I believe this is key to building and fielding a competative team, week in and week out..

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:

Ned
    Um,
    You know what Billy Boy, that might not be such a bad idea.....You should run it by webby when th e
    time comes....I could if you want me to, and then I could ask everyone interested in returning and joining for first time to send me their name and home town,, State, and Country.
    I could break them all down by region and see how it looked.

Nice idea I think Billy Boy,
    Thanks
    ;D
    Yah, even if theres something like a drop down box to select your time zone when your signing up would work.
    I probably won't be the one to run it by him but your welcome to if you'd like.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

Nightgaunt is offline Starter

Make the league pay, and then Webby could use the money to buy some cool Viking Swag for the Champion and put anything extra if anything was left over to fund the league etc. This would alleviate alot of the folks not submitting there rosters etc, or not showing up for the draft for whatever reason. When folks pay for something, they tend to give it a little bit more of there attention. Look forward to this year's FF to avenge my mid season crash!
    >

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Nightgaunt" wrote:
    Make the league pay, and then Webby could use the money to buy some cool Viking Swag for the Champion and put anything extra if anything was left over to fund the league etc. This would alleviate alot of the folks not submitting there rosters etc, or not showing up for the draft for whatever reason. When folks pay for something, they tend to give it a little bit more of there attention. Look forward to this year's FF to avenge my mid season crash!
    >
    I am 100% opposed to this.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast