Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664

    PP.O Week 2 FF results

    (MyFantasyLeague.com Fantasy Times Sources - Sep 21, 2009) In a week 2 Purplepride.org Fantasy Football intra-divisional matchup, SnoBum's Shredders squeaked by a tough Formo's Spartans team by a score of 137 to 135, behind the support of 69,334 faithful fans.
    Gore, Frank SFO RB
    Frank Gore

    SnoBum's Shredders were led to their 2 point victory by a 43 point effort from Frank Gore, who tore apart the Seattle Seahawks defense for 207 rushing yards and 2 rushing tds in addition to 39 receiving yards. With this performance, Gore was the number 2 ranked overall fantasy scorer for week 2. They also got help from a 31 point effort from Dallas Clark, who tore apart the Miami Dolphins defense for 183 receiving yards and 1 receiving td.

    "We feel fortunate," SnoBum's Shredders coach SnoBumMN said.

    Formo's Spartans were helped out in a losing cause by a 36 point effort from Andre Johnson, who beat the Tennessee Titans defense for 149 receiving yards and 2 receiving tds. With this performance, Johnson was the number 3 ranked overall fantasy scorer for week 2. They also got help from a 29 point effort from Ronnie Brown, who beat the Indianapolis Colts defense for 136 rushing yards and 2 rushing tds.

    "He always has his team ready to play," Formo's Spartans coach Formo said.

    Compounding the issue, Formo's Spartans could have scored 174 points and earned the win with their best lineup, but Formo left key players like Steve Smith and his corresponding 29 points on the bench.

    Formo's Spartans drew the short straw with their schedule this week, as their point total would have resulted in a win against 40 out of 46 other potential opponents in week 2.

    This brings the record for SnoBum's Shredders to 2-0, and drops Formo's Spartans to a record of 1-1.

    Coming up in week 3, SnoBum's Shredders are at the 2-0 Cross Lake Wolves, where Cross Lake Wolves are an early 29.5-point underdog, while the 0-2 TNT's Traveling Free Agents are at Formo's Spartans, where Formo's Spartans are an early 59.5-point favorite.
    Eff you SnoBum..
    Both you and Dallas Clark.
    :P

    I swore up and down that the Philly defense would eat up Brees..
    Boy, I couldn't have been more wrong..
    =/
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  2. #2
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,778
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: PP.O Week 2 FF results

    "Formo" wrote:
    (MyFantasyLeague.com Fantasy Times Sources - Sep 21, 2009) In a week 2 Purplepride.org Fantasy Football intra-divisional matchup, SnoBum's Shredders squeaked by a tough Formo's Spartans team by a score of 137 to 135, behind the support of 69,334 faithful fans.
    Gore, Frank SFO RB
    Frank Gore

    SnoBum's Shredders were led to their 2 point victory by a 43 point effort from Frank Gore, who tore apart the Seattle Seahawks defense for 207 rushing yards and 2 rushing tds in addition to 39 receiving yards. With this performance, Gore was the number 2 ranked overall fantasy scorer for week 2. They also got help from a 31 point effort from Dallas Clark, who tore apart the Miami Dolphins defense for 183 receiving yards and 1 receiving td.

    "We feel fortunate," SnoBum's Shredders coach SnoBumMN said.

    Formo's Spartans were helped out in a losing cause by a 36 point effort from Andre Johnson, who beat the Tennessee Titans defense for 149 receiving yards and 2 receiving tds. With this performance, Johnson was the number 3 ranked overall fantasy scorer for week 2. They also got help from a 29 point effort from Ronnie Brown, who beat the Indianapolis Colts defense for 136 rushing yards and 2 rushing tds.

    "He always has his team ready to play," Formo's Spartans coach Formo said.

    Compounding the issue, Formo's Spartans could have scored 174 points and earned the win with their best lineup, but Formo left key players like Steve Smith and his corresponding 29 points on the bench.

    Formo's Spartans drew the short straw with their schedule this week, as their point total would have resulted in a win against 40 out of 46 other potential opponents in week 2.

    This brings the record for SnoBum's Shredders to 2-0, and drops Formo's Spartans to a record of 1-1.

    Coming up in week 3, SnoBum's Shredders are at the 2-0 Cross Lake Wolves, where Cross Lake Wolves are an early 29.5-point underdog, while the 0-2 TNT's Traveling Free Agents are at Formo's Spartans, where Formo's Spartans are an early 59.5-point favorite.
    Eff you SnoBum..
    Both you and Dallas Clark.

    :P

    I swore up and down that the Philly defense would eat up Brees..
    Boy, I couldn't have been more wrong..
    =/
    I've been saying it all along, Philly defense minus Jim Johnson isn't the same.
    they might be top 19 in the league, but they're not the same.

  3. #3
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: PP.O Week 2 FF results

    Not so bad, I lost by 73 to El Vikingo

  4. #4
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: PP.O Week 2 FF results

    "Mr" wrote:
    Not so bad, I lost by 73 to El Vikingo
    hmmm... I lost to Ned by 14 points and +30 points on the bench *sigh* plus a TE that was shut out for the day ... not one of my better days I have to say
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: PP.O Week 2 FF results

    MaxVike and I went into over time.
    111pts to 111pts.
    Never thought I would see a tie in FF.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: PP.O Week 2 FF results

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    MaxVike and I went into over time.
    111pts to 111pts.
    Never thought I would see a tie in FF.

    ;D
    I believe you won the tie-breaker.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  7. #7
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664

    Re: PP.O Week 2 FF results

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    (MyFantasyLeague.com Fantasy Times Sources - Sep 21, 2009) In a week 2 Purplepride.org Fantasy Football intra-divisional matchup, SnoBum's Shredders squeaked by a tough Formo's Spartans team by a score of 137 to 135, behind the support of 69,334 faithful fans.
    Gore, Frank SFO RB
    Frank Gore

    SnoBum's Shredders were led to their 2 point victory by a 43 point effort from Frank Gore, who tore apart the Seattle Seahawks defense for 207 rushing yards and 2 rushing tds in addition to 39 receiving yards. With this performance, Gore was the number 2 ranked overall fantasy scorer for week 2. They also got help from a 31 point effort from Dallas Clark, who tore apart the Miami Dolphins defense for 183 receiving yards and 1 receiving td.

    "We feel fortunate," SnoBum's Shredders coach SnoBumMN said.

    Formo's Spartans were helped out in a losing cause by a 36 point effort from Andre Johnson, who beat the Tennessee Titans defense for 149 receiving yards and 2 receiving tds. With this performance, Johnson was the number 3 ranked overall fantasy scorer for week 2. They also got help from a 29 point effort from Ronnie Brown, who beat the Indianapolis Colts defense for 136 rushing yards and 2 rushing tds.

    "He always has his team ready to play," Formo's Spartans coach Formo said.

    Compounding the issue, Formo's Spartans could have scored 174 points and earned the win with their best lineup, but Formo left key players like Steve Smith and his corresponding 29 points on the bench.

    Formo's Spartans drew the short straw with their schedule this week, as their point total would have resulted in a win against 40 out of 46 other potential opponents in week 2.

    This brings the record for SnoBum's Shredders to 2-0, and drops Formo's Spartans to a record of 1-1.

    Coming up in week 3, SnoBum's Shredders are at the 2-0 Cross Lake Wolves, where Cross Lake Wolves are an early 29.5-point underdog, while the 0-2 TNT's Traveling Free Agents are at Formo's Spartans, where Formo's Spartans are an early 59.5-point favorite.
    Eff you SnoBum..
    Both you and Dallas Clark.

    :P

    I swore up and down that the Philly defense would eat up Brees..
    Boy, I couldn't have been more wrong..
    =/
    I've been saying it all along, Philly defense minus Jim Johnson isn't the same.
    they might be top 19 in the league, but they're not the same.
    True..
    They still are a turnover machine, though.
    I heavily debated playing Brees this past week or not..
    I finally bit the bullet and decided not to play him.
    It definitely was a game deciding factor.
    =(
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  8. #8
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,540

    Re: PP.O Week 2 FF results

    "Formo" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Formo" wrote:
    (MyFantasyLeague.com Fantasy Times Sources - Sep 21, 2009) In a week 2 Purplepride.org Fantasy Football intra-divisional matchup, SnoBum's Shredders squeaked by a tough Formo's Spartans team by a score of 137 to 135, behind the support of 69,334 faithful fans.
    Gore, Frank SFO RB
    Frank Gore

    SnoBum's Shredders were led to their 2 point victory by a 43 point effort from Frank Gore, who tore apart the Seattle Seahawks defense for 207 rushing yards and 2 rushing tds in addition to 39 receiving yards. With this performance, Gore was the number 2 ranked overall fantasy scorer for week 2. They also got help from a 31 point effort from Dallas Clark, who tore apart the Miami Dolphins defense for 183 receiving yards and 1 receiving td.

    "We feel fortunate," SnoBum's Shredders coach SnoBumMN said.

    Formo's Spartans were helped out in a losing cause by a 36 point effort from Andre Johnson, who beat the Tennessee Titans defense for 149 receiving yards and 2 receiving tds. With this performance, Johnson was the number 3 ranked overall fantasy scorer for week 2. They also got help from a 29 point effort from Ronnie Brown, who beat the Indianapolis Colts defense for 136 rushing yards and 2 rushing tds.

    "He always has his team ready to play," Formo's Spartans coach Formo said.

    Compounding the issue, Formo's Spartans could have scored 174 points and earned the win with their best lineup, but Formo left key players like Steve Smith and his corresponding 29 points on the bench.

    Formo's Spartans drew the short straw with their schedule this week, as their point total would have resulted in a win against 40 out of 46 other potential opponents in week 2.

    This brings the record for SnoBum's Shredders to 2-0, and drops Formo's Spartans to a record of 1-1.

    Coming up in week 3, SnoBum's Shredders are at the 2-0 Cross Lake Wolves, where Cross Lake Wolves are an early 29.5-point underdog, while the 0-2 TNT's Traveling Free Agents are at Formo's Spartans, where Formo's Spartans are an early 59.5-point favorite.
    Eff you SnoBum..
    Both you and Dallas Clark.

    :P

    I swore up and down that the Philly defense would eat up Brees..
    Boy, I couldn't have been more wrong..
    =/
    I've been saying it all along, Philly defense minus Jim Johnson isn't the same.
    they might be top 19 in the league, but they're not the same.
    True..
    They still are a turnover machine, though.
    I heavily debated playing Brees this past week or not..
    I finally bit the bullet and decided not to play him.
    It definitely was a game deciding factor.
    =(
    Just curious... how do you NOT play Brees?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #9
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281

    Re: PP.O Week 2 FF results

    I have the 3rd most total points in McDaniel division, and am 0-2. grrrrrrrrrrrr.

  10. #10
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: PP.O Week 2 FF results

    Tough loss for me. Joseph Addai blows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Week 14 Results, Yearly standings, Week 15 schedule
    By midgensa in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-17-2005, 05:29 PM
  2. Week 7 and yearly results plus week 8 schedule
    By eastcoastvikes in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-30-2005, 03:04 PM
  3. Week 6 and yearly results plus week 7 schedule
    By eastcoastvikes in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-22-2005, 05:51 PM
  4. Week 4 and yearly results plus week 5 schedule
    By eastcoastvikes in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-09-2005, 07:32 AM
  5. Week 2 and yearly results plus week 3 schedule
    By eastcoastvikes in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 09:02 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •