Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,508

    PP.O 2012 Fantasy League playoffs

    Zeus (or anyone else in the know):

    What week will our playoffs officially start, and how many teams will make the playoffs? What criteria are used for selection of the playoff teams (W-L record, power rank, etc.)

    Right now I've scored the 3rd most points out of the 34 teams in the overall league, but sit at 5-4 and in 5th place in my division. My team is on a roll the past few weeks scoring wise, I'd sure hate to miss the playoffs because I lost by 1 pt. to Bama 3 weeks ago, or jmcdon00 (2-7-0) by 4 pts. in the first week of the season.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

  2. #2
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    Zeus (or anyone else in the know):

    What week will our playoffs officially start, and how many teams will make the playoffs? What criteria are used for selection of the playoff teams (W-L record, power rank, etc.)

    Right now I've scored the 3rd most points out of the 34 teams in the overall league, but sit at 5-4 and in 5th place in my division. My team is on a roll the past few weeks scoring wise, I'd sure hate to miss the playoffs because I lost by 1 pt. to Bama 3 weeks ago, or jmcdon00 (2-7-0) by 4 pts. in the first week of the season.
    Pat - I'll get back to you on most of this - too interested in the election and too buzzed to want to turn away. I *think* we have an 11-week season, but I will have to check.

    First criteria is overall record. First tie-breaker is head-to-head vs. ties. I'll check on the remaining tie-breakers.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #3
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,508
    This week is do-or-die for my Scurvy Dogs. Have to beat Lead Farmer to have any shot at the playoffs. Have already lost to three of the top four teams in my division (by a single point to Bama's Bourbon Bums). Next week's game against Mandy's Man Eaters should be very winnable. I think I'm up to 3rd in the league overall in Power Rank, would really suck to lose this week and miss out on the playoffs.

    Not sure if we can edit lineups after the Thursday night game or not, but Lead Farmer currently has two players on bye in his lineup. If that doesn't change, my chances look good.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

  4. #4
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepat View Post
    This week is do-or-die for my Scurvy Dogs. Have to beat Lead Farmer to have any shot at the playoffs. Have already lost to three of the top four teams in my division (by a single point to Bama's Bourbon Bums). Next week's game against Mandy's Man Eaters should be very winnable. I think I'm up to 3rd in the league overall in Power Rank, would really suck to lose this week and miss out on the playoffs.

    Not sure if we can edit lineups after the Thursday night game or not, but Lead Farmer currently has two players on bye in his lineup. If that doesn't change, my chances look good.
    Totally forgot to set this. Okay - here's the deal -

    12-week regular season, playoffs start this week.

    You made it - #7 seed. You play Marrdro.

    =Z=
    Last edited by Zeus; 11-27-2012 at 12:29 PM.

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #5
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512
    Thanks for the great season as always my friends. Best of luck to all those who have made the playoffs! May the best manager win! Nordicned


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  6. #6
    purplepat is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,508
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Totally forgot to set this. Okay - here's the deal -

    12-week regular season, playoffs start this week.

    You made it - #7 seed. You play Marrdro.

    =Z=
    Yeah, pretty much figured I had the playoffs made if I beat Lead Farmer. I was a 76 pt favorite over Mandy this week, and sure enough, won by 76 pts.

    I realize finishing 3rd in my division "doomed" me to my seeding, but that's a pretty tough matchup in the second round if I advance...Purple Banana! He's #1 overall in Power Rank in the league, TNT is #2, I'm #3. I guess that's what I get for finishing 8-4, but would have hoped I wouldn't be matched up against the Banana for at least one more round.

    At least my team is on a roll of late. Banana and I have the same QB (RGIII), so we'll have to pull a win out of the other starters. Assuming, of course, I get past Marrdro....
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •