Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Pass Catching Vikings

[size=13pt]Pass Catching Vikings[/size]

By Skeller
    faketeams.com
    ll
    Posted on Sun Jul 15, 2007 at 04:38:00 PM EDT

I've been hard on Vikings QB Tarvaris Jackson this off-season, saying that didn't think he was going to have any fantasy value this season.
    I still don't think he'll have any fantasy value.
    But he has to throw the ball occasionally, and so I'm wondering who will be seeing passes in the conservative, Jackson-helmed offense....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Pass Catching Vikings

Gezzzzzz, could you find anymore of a obscure web site?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Gezzzzzz, could you find anymore of a obscure web site?
    ;D, I was thinking the same thing.
    Some retard writes some crap, singer posts it, we read it and comment on it.
    In the grand scheme of things I think that makes us more retarded than the author of the garbage.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I like the point he brings out about Shank and our OL. I sure hope he is right.........
    The OL will block good enough to let the TE get out in space.

I think that both Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson will be catching the ball a lot of the backfield, so if you're in a league that gives points for RB receptions, keep that in mind.
    I think the hype over Adrian Peterson is overshadowing the fact that Mewelde Moore was the second-leading receiver on the team last year, with 46 catches for 468 yards.
    Taylor had another 42 catches on top of that.
    No matter who runs the ball more in Minnesota, both Taylor and Peterson are going to catch the ball.
    DUH........... :

Anyone who understands the WCO knows that you pass to establish the run and that the RB's ability to catch the ball is key to that passing attack.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Honestly the Vikings offense is geared to use a TE.
    Look at it this way.
    Before Wiggins was with the Vikings he was never a real productive receiver.
    He came to the Vikigns and led the team in catches for two years.

If Shank can catch and run he should work out just fine.
    Everyone is critical because of his contract and so am I.
    Everyone is also critical because he wasn't productive in NY.
    Well maybe that is because they hardly used him.
    A person can't be productively statistically unless they are used.

I say give the guy a chance and see what he can do before criticizing him.
    I'm somewhat optimistic because he seems to be motivated because he has his chance.

As far as TJack goes, I can see why he is ranked so low but honestly I don't think it will be that way.
    The Vikes have two backs that can come out of the backfield, catch and run.
    Could result in yards and scores.
    Maybe I have my Viking goggles on but what I'm saying is not that far fetched.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Thanks Singer, you are ever vigalant in your quest to bring us news.
      You've got to think that Shiancoe with his 4.5 speed will be able to get down the middle better than Wiggin's used to.
    This should occupy a safety, which will open up a WR for single coverage, and you've got to beat single coverage.
      I know in the WCO you pass to establish the run, but I think we will run more trying to keep T-Jacks attempts to 30-35. per game.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"ejmat" wrote:

Everyone is also critical because he wasn't productive in NY.
    Well maybe that is because they hardly used him.
    A person can't be productively statistically unless they are used.

I agree with that, but based on being hardly used, what did the Vikings base their assesment on to warrant a 5 year deal worth $18.2 mil? 23 receptions in 4 years?

:-

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"PurpleTide" wrote:

You've got to think that Shiancoe with his 4.5 speed will be able to get down the middle better than Wiggin's used to.
    This should occupy a safety, which will open up a WR for single coverage, and you've got to beat single coverage.

I know in the WCO you pass to estamblish the run, but I think we will run more trying to keep T-Jacks attempts to 30-35. per game.
    Not sure how much the Chiller will cut the playbook down because of his young QB.

I think alot of it will be how close our D can keep us in the game.
    Hopefully we will be ahead early in the games which will result in a ratio somewere alongs the lines of 40% Pass/60% Run.

Regardless of the situation I think we will see a consistency with respect to multiple recievers (WR, TE, RB) running routes during the initial phases of the game whatever the percentages are.

That will then setup the run along with play action in the later rounds to keep the D off balance and eat up the clock.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

I know in the WCO you pass to estamblish the run, but I think we will run more trying to keep T-Jacks attempts to 30-35. per game.
    Not sure how much the Chiller will cut the playbook down because of his young QB.

Hopefully we will be ahead early in the games which will result in a ratio somewere alongs the lines of 40% Pass/60% Run.

Regardless of the situation I think we will see a consistency with respect to multiple recievers (WR, TE, RB) running routes during the initial phases of the game whatever the percentages are.

That will then setup the run along with play action in the later rounds to keep the D off balance and eat up the clock.
    You don't run late in the game unless you have the lead (or its a close game), and there is no reason to think our passing offense is good enough to score early and establish the kind of lead which lets us run later in the game. I know the scheme calls for a good mix of passes, but that simply is not the strength of this team talent-wise.

Run the ball down their throats. All game, every game.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

You don't run late in the game unless you have the lead (or its a close game), and there is no reason to think our passing offense is good enough to score early and establish the kind of lead which lets us run later in the game. I know the scheme calls for a good mix of passes, but that simply is not the strength of this team talent-wise.

Run the ball down their throats. All game, every game.
    Ahhhh V, I always love your posts......

I think you are kindof echoing what I said.
    My assumption/statement is based on the hope that our D will keep us in the game, giving us the ball back in good field position as well as hopefully gettting a few scores themselves this year.

Additionally, your comment on the strenght of this team....
    I agree on paper we appear to be a run first team, however, I for one think that as with the LB'rs last year, our WR corp is better than some prognosticators think.

Will it be like the days of Moss, Carter, Reed, probably not, but at least I think it will be good enough to give us a pretty balanced attack and won't be a liability like some believe allowing the Chiller to start showing some of the building blocks of that KAO.

;D

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast