Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Turboe's Avatar
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,593

    No offense, but the FF software sucks!

    I am not really complaining mind you as the price is right, and I am mostly here for the camradarie, but I can see how people might get frustrated and loose interest like I heard some people did last season.

    The draft fiasco wasnt real great, but I laughed it off by saying "oh well, other people didnt get exactly who they picked either".

    But now I get screwed again.
    Sat night I went in and made two changes to my lineup.
    Neither was reflected in my starting lineups after the fact, resulting in a 44 point deficit for my team in a game that I am now loosing by 14 points.
    I specifically went in and benched McGahee when the Ravens game was postponed, and he ends up on my starting lineup anyway.

    I will stick with it because I comitted to the league, but it does kind of take some of the fun out of it.

  2. #2
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,738

    Re: No offense, but the FF software sucks!

    I agree, I'm now 0-2 with my makeshift roster of scrubs.

    I’m one that already voiced my opinion and was ridiculed.

    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=47395.10

  3. #3
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: No offense, but the FF software sucks!

    "Turboe" wrote:
    I am not really complaining mind you as the price is right, and I am mostly here for the camradarie, but I can see how people might get frustrated and loose interest like I heard some people did last season.

    The draft fiasco wasnt real great, but I laughed it off by saying "oh well, other people didnt get exactly who they picked either".

    But now I get screwed again.
    Sat night I went in and made two changes to my lineup.
    Neither was reflected in my starting lineups after the fact, resulting in a 44 point deficit for my team in a game that I am now loosing by 14 points.
    I specifically went in and benched McGahee when the Ravens game was postponed, and he ends up on my starting lineup anyway.

    I will stick with it because I comitted to the league, but it does kind of take some of the fun out of it.
    I'm not the biggest fan of the software, but I grin and bear it.
    It is what it is.

    Now - as to your problem - did you tell anyone?
    I can fix all that stuff and rerun scores and do all that kinda thing - if I know about it ahead of the time.
    Right now, it's too late.
    But if I hear about it on Saturday night (or get an email dated that night) I can adjust things after the fact.

    If you have a problem, don't just sit there and stew.
    Post something here, send me a PM, send a note via the website, etc. etc. etc.
    I will do my best to make it right.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  4. #4
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: No offense, but the FF software sucks!

    "PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    I agree, I'm now 0-2 with my makeshift roster of scrubs.

    I’m one that already voiced my opinion and was ridiculed.

    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=47395.10
    You were hardly ridiculed.

    I cannot control the software or your personal machine.
    I can only deal with problems that I know about - and only within the parameters of the website.
    I'm sorry that Turboe couldn't do his thing - I didn't know until today, which is too late.

    I'm sorry the draft didn't work out for you.
    Not much I can do about that.
    By the time I realized there were huge problems, you had logged out in frustration.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #5
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,532

    Re: No offense, but the FF software sucks!

    I'm actually quite content with the software... all the changes I've made have been reflected and I'm 2-0...

    And Julius Jones is my best RB.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #6
    Webby's Avatar
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 1998
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    8,976
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: No offense, but the FF software sucks!

    "Turboe" wrote:
    I am not really complaining mind you as the price is right, and I am mostly here for the camradarie, but I can see how people might get frustrated and loose interest like I heard some people did last season.

    The draft fiasco wasnt real great, but I laughed it off by saying "oh well, other people didnt get exactly who they picked either".

    But now I get screwed again.
    Sat night I went in and made two changes to my lineup.
    Neither was reflected in my starting lineups after the fact, resulting in a 44 point deficit for my team in a game that I am now loosing by 14 points.
    I specifically went in and benched McGahee when the Ravens game was postponed, and he ends up on my starting lineup anyway.

    I will stick with it because I comitted to the league, but it does kind of take some of the fun out of it.
    I have never seen a roster submitted lineup not reflected in my 5 years as commish.
    Bring it to Zeus' attention and I am sure it can be looked at, or send me a note.
    The software generally operates just fine, and it is the most widely used for paid private FF systems...so I suspect something else is afoot.

  7. #7
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: No offense, but the FF software sucks!

    I beat Maddro's jiggly butt....software is perfect.

  8. #8
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: No offense, but the FF software sucks!

    One complaint I have is, is that there doesn't appear to be an option to show all active players. Players on a roster to be more specific. When combing through players to pick up last week in place of Todd Heap, I was struggling due to the number on players listed as FA.

    Is there a way to not show these guys? And is there really a point to them being on that list at all? Obviously no one will pick up a guy who's not even on an NFL roster.

  9. #9
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,532

    Re: No offense, but the FF software sucks!

    "Mr" wrote:
    One complaint I have is, is that there doesn't appear to be an option to show all active players. Players on a roster to be more specific. When combing through players to pick up last week in place of Todd Heap, I was struggling due to the number on players listed as FA.

    Is there a way to not show these guys? And is there really a point to them being on that list at all? Obviously no one will pick up a guy who's not even on an NFL roster.
    I found an easy way to do that is sort by "Add PCT" when looking at the list of FA... it at least sorts the first few by how many people have acquired them.

    I think that might help...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  10. #10
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: No offense, but the FF software sucks!

    "Mr" wrote:
    One complaint I have is, is that there doesn't appear to be an option to show all active players. Players on a roster to be more specific. When combing through players to pick up last week in place of Todd Heap, I was struggling due to the number on players listed as FA.

    Is there a way to not show these guys? And is there really a point to them being on that list at all? Obviously no one will pick up a guy who's not even on an NFL roster.
    Have you used the REPORT feature?
    Because you can do exactly that.


    REPORTS - PLAYERS - TOP PERFORMERS/PLAYER STATS - and then choose only to show FREE AGENTS IN DIVISION (whatever)

    As to the list of available players when you go into the Waiver processing area, I have no control over that list.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Any Software Engineers in PPE??
    By vikingTurf in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 05:14 PM
  2. Moss says our offense sucks....
    By AlabamaViking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 07-15-2006, 04:49 PM
  3. Help! What kind of software do I need..
    By NordicNed in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-16-2006, 10:42 PM
  4. Sig software...
    By cc21 in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 04:46 AM
  5. Defense Sucks, Offense average
    By truvikefan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 05:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •