Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Opinion

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Need Opinion

Ok so I'm a little skeptical about my 2nd runningback position and was curious what you other veteran FFB's thought.

Here's the deal, this league awards 2 pts for every 15 Yards recieving
    1 pt for every reception
    6pt for every receiving TD

Where RB's only get 1pt for every 10 yds rushing
    and the 6 for a TD

So Certain WR's have the edge over non catching RB's so I drafted

RB Domanick Davis, Caddilac Williams, Deshaun Foster, Ciatrick Fason

WR Randy Moss, Chad Johnson, L. Coles, Lee Evans, Travis Taylor, T. Williamson, and Mark Clayton

TE Todd Heap and Heath Miller

You start 1 QB 2 RB's 3 WR 1 TE and one flex but has to be WR or RB.

Now, I was unoffically offered a Ladainian for Domanick Davis+Randy Moss deal, but told the guy I would only do it if I got a reciever in exchange, he has D. Jackson, I bruce and scrubs. I told him I would get back to him and then someone else approached him with a Portis Harrison trade for LaDainian. I guess I am curious what you think Moss will do with the Raiders. If he has another year like last I should unload him.

Second question is, how much a role do you see Moe Williams doing this season? , because he is available and would drop Fason to pick him up.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Need Opinion

Great WR's there! Unfortunatly for you, RB's often make the difference of a team. If I were you i would not give up so much to get LT. He is the best RB in fatasy no doubt, but it's not worth it, Davis is exellent too. You need to get a dependable #2 RB (maybe unload a WR and a RB to get one?) I also see Moe getting more fantasy points than Fason.

Who are your QB's???

I've got C. Palmer, J. Delhome and K. Warner I also picked up Buffalo's D so my only real weakness is that 2nd running back position. The problem is that if a RB rushes for 110 yards and one TD's he generates

17 points where if a reciever only has to catch 7 passes for 80 yrds to match that 17.

so if Moss goes off for 8 catches for 150 yds and 3tds he's scores 46 Pts which he has done in the past it would take a non recieving RB

a 160 yards rushing and 5 TD's to match the 46 pts so Unless I can grab one of those Ladainian, Tiki Barber, westbrook runningbacks I can't afford to trade Moss or Johnson. But I think your right, Domanick could put up some good numbers.

I'm hoping Cadillac will catch some passes.

What do you think Kleinsausser will do? Thought about picking him up but now that we got Wiggins...?
    Lombardis DEAD,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

I would try and get Lamont Jordan. He has caught alot of passes in pre-season and the Raiders want to throw him alot of screens. He will be a TD machine. A pounding RB too :grin: I would try to use Coles as part of your trade bait.

Kleinsasser is a great FB but I don't know if his FF rankings are any good.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

Personally, I would leave your team alone and only make small changes. I wouldn't trade away any of your receivers or RB's unless you get a can't-miss offer. I would cut Fason and pick up the best available RB on waivers. I doubt Fason will have much of an impact this year, and if he does, you will be able to pick him up when he's ready, because noone else knows about him. I wouldn't get rid of a receiver, because you can use Moss, Johnson, Evans and Coles in your lineup and use the other guys as depth/bye weeks. As you described, you have a different style of league that encourages passing, and not rushing. I think by midseason, Williams will be very good, and who knows, maybe he will be the answer in Tampa right away.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

nzvike is offline Training Camp

First of all, Is this a Keeper league? That changes quite alot. Do RB's get the receptions pts or just WR's? If RB's do its a no brainer to jump on LT!!!

RB's are the heart of a Team, but not yours. Your league has weried rules for RB's, usually they get rewarded for carries or receptions but not here. So yards and TD's are the Goal. None of your RB's suit that scoring im sorry so i would look at a trade. Davis dosent score alot of touchdowns and quite often gets taken out at the goal line and the texans can fall behind in games and rely on Carrs arm.

Davis + Moss for LT and D Jax, thats pretty close but man i would really consider pulling that to make your team far more stable. Darrel Jackson should match or suprass his last 2 seasons this year with K rob gone. But i would prolly be looking at other teams out there who are very weak at WR and very strong at RB and propose a trade with one of your WR's or heap for a better 2nd RB.
    Come Home Davey Dixon, The All Blacks need you

nz Vike and Canadian, you bring up some really good points. Yes it is a keeper league, which would mean scoring LaDainian would be all the more sweet. RB's are rewarded for Recieving as well so LaDainian would be a double threat, but Domanickcatches alot as well.

I will be fine if I just sit on my team as My Recievers should carry me through to the Playoffs, but the thought of LaDainian makes me salivate. I am in another League where the points are normal and my team rocks, but this one was a 12 team league and that 400 dollar jackpot is mighty tempting. I will let you know what I decide to do, thanks for the feedback.

I guess I just want LaDainian and Domanick Davis but I don't see it happening unless Cadilac becomes the man and I can package him.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

lol I didnt' realize that it was a keeper league. In that case, I think you've got a great team. Carnell should be a best within a year or two, and your receivers are mostly young and you've got Palmer, a young QB ready to breakout. Good luck!!!

Thanks PPE for the sig.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

In your league I wouldn't make that trade unless you get another 2nd string WR along with LT. You should probably drop Fason since I doubt that he will get many carries this year. On the other hand I am not too impressed with how the Raiders have been using moss. It's like they're scared to throw him the deep ball. Don't they watch tape? But if they do figure out how to use the FREAK he would be worth more than LT would be in your league. Does anyone in your league have Jamal Luis because I would take him over LT this year anyways. maybee you could trade one of your RB's and Williamson for Jamal. then you could pick up another WR off of waivers but i wouldn't get rid of moss!
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

I think I am going to stick with the team that I have except I have been offered to Trade Lee Evans and recieve Braylon Edwards. I need to plug in the one who will have the most catches, I know rookie recievers usually take a while to produce but there is always that Anquan Boldin or Mark Clayton lurking about, lemme know what you guys think.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast