Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    renovikesfan is offline Coordinator

My Yahoo Fantasy Team

I signed up for it a few days ago, pre-ranked all my players, and my team got drafted within 24 hours...here's my roster:

QBs - Brad Johnson and Drew Brees
    RBs - Shaun Alexander, Reggie Bush, and Dominick Rhodes
    WRs - Joe Horn, Koren Robinson, Muhsin Muhammed, and Brandon
    Stokley
    TEs - Todd Heap and Kellen Winslow
    Ks - Ryan Longwell and Mike Nugent
    Team Def - Minnesota and Chicago

Not too shabby, huh?

Yeah, I'll admit I'm taking a couple chances with Reggie Bush and Kellen Winslow...but if they can both live up to their hype, and stay healthy (yeah, YOU, Winslow), my team could be a juggernaut!!! :grin:

Redmption is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: My Yahoo Fantasy Team

Heres my team

Jake Plummer
    Santana Moss
    TJ Houshmanzadeh
    Stephen Jackson
    LaMont Jordan
    Antonio Gates
    Chester Taylor
    Shayne Graham

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

This is my NFL.com team:

QB: Jake Delhomme (starter), Brad Johnson (backup)
    RB: Edgerrin James (starter), Cadillac Williams (starter), Cedric Benson (backup), Laurence Maroney (backup)
    WR: Santana Moss (starter), Andre Johnson/Matt Jones (unsure who to start opposite Santana)
    TE: Todd Heap (starter), Vernon Davis (backup)
    K: Ryan Longwell
    DST: Indianapolis Colts (starter), San Diego Chargers (backup)

I'm not sure whether to start Matt Jones opposite Santana Moss, but other than that my squad pretty much picks itself.

Benet, if it was my team...I'd think about seeing who else is available on the waiver wire. Or maybe checking into a trade. LOL j/k I guess I'd go with Andre Johnson. Matt Jones is susceptible to a sophomore slump.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

"renovikesfan" wrote:
    I signed up for it a few days ago, pre-ranked all my players, and my team got drafted within 24 hours...here's my roster:

QBs - Brad Johnson and Drew Brees
    RBs - Shaun Alexander, Reggie Bush, and Dominick Rhodes
    WRs - Joe Horn, Koren Robinson, Muhsin Muhammed, and Brandon
    Stokley
    TEs - Todd Heap and Kellen Winslow
    Ks - Ryan Longwell and Mike Nugent
    Team Def - Minnesota and Chicago

Not too shabby, huh?

Yeah, I'll admit I'm taking a couple chances with Reggie Bush and Kellen Winslow...but if they can both live up to their hype, and stay healthy (yeah, YOU, Winslow), my team could be a juggernaut!!! :grin:
    Maybe I shouldn't throw stones, reno, but that IS a pretty SHABBY team IMO. How many teams are in your league?

Here are my thoughts....

Alexander is great, obviously your top pick.

Do you have some love affair with the Saints? This was, after all, a team that finished 3-13 last season. Brees may have success in New Orleans with Horn and Stallworth, but based off last year, the Saints are not the Chargers. Bush could break out and have a big year, or split carries with Deuce, or get far fewer touches than Deuce. Rhodes as your 3rd RB is also a gamble...he could be "the man", but indications are that he and Addai will split touches in Indy.

Brad Johnson isn't a bad fantasy QB, but he isn't good either (or is rarely so). Johnson is strictly a backup fantasy QB. That will probably limit Koren Robinson. Muhammed didn't produce last year in Chitown. Stokely is the #3 guy in Indy.

Heap and Winslow aren't bad at TE. Heap had a big comeback year last season; if he can repeat that, any production from Winslow will just be gravy.

Longwell should have a good year in the Dome but had his worst season last year and is somewhat of a question mark, but the Jets don't figure to score much at all so Nugent is a big waste. The Bears defense is aces; hopefully for Vikings fans sakes, the purple will be as well.

IMO, your QB production will be near the bottom of your league, as will your WRs unless Horn comes back big and one of the others has a career year. Alexander is great at RB, but the other spot is a big question mark. D/ST should be top notch, K average (Vikes probably won't score tons of points), and TE average to a little above average. Unless the Vikings or Saints become offensive juggernauts, I'd bet this squad will be in the bottom 25% scoring wise in your league.

In contrast, here is are the two teams I drafted yesterday. The first, a Yahoo League with 12 teams, was "autodrafted" for me (big screwup, long story but couldnt get through firewall at work). The second, which I had input into for about half of the picks, was in a 12 team league on NFL.com

Yahoo League

QB - McNabb, Leftwich
    RB - James, Westbrook, C. Martin, Maroney
    WR - R. Moss, Houshmanzahdeh, Burleson, Toomer, A. Bryant
    TE - Crumpler, Watson
    K - Feely
    D/ST - Colts

NFL.Com league

QB - Bulger, Kitna
    RB - Portis, Parker, T. Jones
    WR - S. Smith, Holt, Branch, Horn
    TE - Stevens, Putzier
    K - Reed
    D/ST - Broncos, Rams

I really like the NFL.com team, but I had no say in the picks of the Rams D (who will be cut for a free agent...any free agent) and Kitna (not much to pick from, probably go with Philip Rivers, Chris Simms, or Billy Volek instead). Also may pick up Josh Brown (K, Seahawks) who went undrafted for some bizarre reason.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Brady, Tom
    Jackson, Steven RB
    McAllister, Deuce RB
    Moss, Santana WR WAS
    Muhammad, Muhsin WR
    Wiggins, Jermaine TE MIN
    Janikowski, Sebastian K OAK
    Patriots, DST
    Reserves:

Johnson, Brad QB MIN
    Manning, Eli QB NYG
    Moore, Mewelde RB MIN
    Burress, Plaxico WR NYG
    Williamson, Troy WR
    Kleinsasser, Jimmy TE MIN
    Rams, DST

could do better at WR and TE.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Purplepat.....

No offense taken, first off. I welcome ALL kinds of opinions, as I hardly consider myself an "aficionado" of FF. There are 10 teams in my League.

Secondly, in a weak attempt to defend my roster:

1) I chose Autodraft because I didn't know if I'd have availability to show up for a regular draft.

2) No love affair, but I have a strong gut feeling that New Orleans is going to be one of the biggest surprise teams this year. Because of that, I put Brees and Bush pretty close to the top of my pre-ranking.

3) Brad was totally a homer move. LOL

4) I was totally psyched to grab Alexander...I've NEVER gotten any of the top 3 RBs in the League whenever I've drafted for FF. Bush...again, that's a shot in the dark, but I really feel like it's gonna connect...and if it does, it'll be a haymaker. Rhodes's job is his to lose, I think (at least for this year), and he's gonna be out to prove that the loss of Edge wasn't a back-breaker for the Offense.

5) I can't argue that my team's weakest position is the WR corps, but I'm hoping to get pretty decent production out of Koren, due to the reports of him still getting touches on kick returns. Aside from him, I think Horn will be my numbers guy, due to Brees. Muhammed and Stokley are, I agree, very switchable.

6) I was also pleased to get Heap, since my TEs have also been weak in years past. As for Winslow...he's another shot in the dark that I'm just hoping can connect.

7) I'm gonna have to firmly disagree with you on my kickers, though. Longwell has been booming kicks in Camp, and last year's numbers should have zero bearing on this year, considering he was playing outside in Lameblow last year. Nugent doesn't need the Jets to score TDs...he just needs their Offense to get within 35-40 yards of the endzone, and he'll be anything BUT a waste.

8) My Defense should ROCK. Chicago looks to be just as dominant as they were last year, and if nothing else for Minnesota, I'll just plug them in during the two weeks we play Green Bay. Without an O-line to speak of, Favre ought to be good for numerous INTs and/or sacks/fumbles. LOL

Having said all that, I'm still definitely open for suggestions/tweaks.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I got one goin just for fun, untill I get a real league.My draft is pretty impressive.You gotta take alot of things in consideration before you draft players.I think thier is HIGH potential for Larry Johnson and Shuan Alexander to dissapoint this season.Why? 3 reassons, 1:larry Johnson isnt returning behind the same line, they've lost staples on thier line this offseason.2,KC lost Tony Richardson to us, he was a huge part in both Priest's success and Larry.I think the loss of him will be a big impact.And finally 3, Alexander is on the cover of Madden.Nuff said.Anyone can argue all they want, the facts are there.McNabb,Vick,Culpepper,Marshal Faulk,Ray Lewis, all have suffered from Madden.

anyways heres my team, my biggest steal was LT at the 6th pick.He should be gone automaticaly in the top 3.
    QB's
    :Jake Delhomme QB
    :Jake Plummer QB (reserve)

WR's
    :Chris Chambers WR
    :Michael Clayton WR (Prime to break out again)
    aunte Stallworth (Big sleeper, with the addition of Bush and Drew, hes gonna reap the benefits.)

RB's
    :Ladainian Tomlinson RB (Just found out the owner of the league,stole LT off my team like I woulnt notice, wtf!!!!!!)
    :Julius Jones RB

TE:Alge Crumpler

W/Reshuan Foster

(This is where I take a hit, but I waited till the very last 2 rounds to get my kickers, dont take kickers high)

K:Matt Bryant
    K:John Hall

Defense:Seattle (With the addition of Julian Peterson they could be even better this year)

DB-Antoine Winfield
    DB-Deangelo Hall

DL-Dwight Freeny

Well theres my team, but I'm leaving this league, the owner is some stupid punk a$$ patriot fan.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Okay...I got rid of Brandon Stokley and picked up Ernest Wilford off the waiver wire. Wilford had better production last year, and he's higher on the depth chart than Stokley. I'm willing to give Muhsin Muhammed a chance, due to the positive notes on him that I've seen. So now my WRs consist of:

Joe Horn, Koren Robinson, Ernest Wilford, and Muhsin Muhammed

My problem now, though.....I've picked up Wilford, but the Jags have the same bye week as the Vikings. Add to that, along with having two WRs on a bye, 3 out of my 4 Offensive bench players are on byes also!!! So on week 6, I'm going to be stuck with an empty slot on my Offense.

It sucks, but I'll just have to hope that my other players can put up great numbers on that particular week.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

We should have an official "rate my fantasy team" thread. I vote that we make this thread to be that.

Wes, I told you you're obsession with the Vikes might come back to haunt you! :razz:

purplepat: I like your NFL.com team, apart from Kitner and the Rams D you're strong all round there! Your Yahoo team? I like McNabb and James, not sure about Westbrook (he needs to stay injury-free for me), and I hope for your sake that you don't have to play Curtis Martin! :wink:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast