Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My team...

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: My team...

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "givemossthetoss" wrote:
    "HerdDaVikes" wrote:
    Although this is a completely biased opinion, because I go to Marshall but look out for Byron to have a good year, he will get you some points.
    I think so too. He has ultimate weapons in Matt Jones and Jimmy Smith. Plus Green and Big Ben. I think I have the best QB combo in my league.
    Since when do a declining slow receiver and a rookie quaterback turned receiver become the ultimate weapons? If so we must have the best weapons in the league.

If anyone will have a good receiving year for the Jags it will be Reggie Williams.
    Declining? Smith was 5th in recieving yards in the AFC with 1172, he averaged 15.8 a catch. Smith and Williams will mentor Jones as he is the #3 reciever. With his height and speed, maybe he doesn't run very well routes. But I remember a guy named Randy Moss who had the same problem. Jones could just run down the field and have Leftwich throw it up there, and he could just catch it. Then while he does that, his routes will progress to be better. Now I'm not saying he will be a Randy Moss, but he wont be a bust either.

"akvikefan89" wrote:
    I am in a league also. This is My team:

QB: Daunte Culpepper, Tom Brady

RB: Tiki Barber, Rudi Johnson, Cedric Benson, Jeromme Bettis

WR: Reggie Wayne, Roy Williams, Donald Driver, Rod Smith

TE: Antonio Gates, L.J. Smith

DEF: Steelers, Colts

K: David Akers

(By the way givemossthetoss, How many people in your league? There is ten in mine)
    Whoa, that looks like a good team. I was gonna take C-pep, but the guy before me took him. Your QB and TE's look wicked. I took a chance when I choose my D. I'm anxious to see how our D is going to gel together. I really like your RB's too.

I have 6 people in my league. Its funny though. it was made by a packer fan and he wanted NFC north rivals to join in.

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

Your comparing Randy Moss, top100 college player of all timem, to a guy that had a good combine. Matt Jones will be a bust in my opinion. Jimmy Smith is like 40 and you cant compare to last year with people like that. Reggie Williams or what ever was a complete bust and cant hang on to the ball in training camp this year. Not to mention they have Fred Taylor who will take away a lot if he can stay healthy.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

"fred3105" wrote:
    Your comparing Randy Moss, top100 college player of all timem, to a guy that had a good combine. Matt Jones will be a bust in my opinion. Jimmy Smith is like 40 and you cant compare to last year with people like that. Reggie Williams or what ever was a complete bust and cant hang on to the ball in training camp this year. Not to mention they have Fred Taylor who will take away a lot if he can stay healthy.
    Are you kidding me? I said "I'm not saying he will be a Randy Moss". Which is not comparing Jones to Moss. How can I not compare Smith with last season stats? He is pretty damn good if he is 40 and putting up those numbers.

HE IS MY 3RD QB FOR CHRIST SAKES! SO YOU GUYS ARE GONNA SIT HERE AND B*TCH AT ME FOR ME OPINION!

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"givemossthetoss" wrote:
    "fred3105" wrote:
    Are you kidding me? I said "I'm not saying he will be a Randy Moss". Which is not comparing Jones to Moss. How can I not compare Smith with last season stats? He is pretty gol 'darnit good if he is 40 and putting up those numbers.

HE IS MY 3RD QB FOR CHRIST SAKES! SO YOU GUYS ARE GONNA SIT HERE AND B*TCH AT ME FOR ME OPINION!
    Easy there, Tiger - don't blow a gasket... Relax, it's only Fantasy Footbal...
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

"shockzilla" wrote:
    "givemossthetoss" wrote:
    "fred3105" wrote:
    Are you kidding me? I said "I'm not saying he will be a Randy Moss". Which is not comparing Jones to Moss. How can I not compare Smith with last season stats? He is pretty gol 'darnit good if he is 40 and putting up those numbers.

Easy there, Tiger - don't blow a gasket... Relax, it's only Fantasy Footbal...
    He and I have been here long enough to know that I don't take rudeness very well...

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Yes, and you tend to blow out as well...everyone should relax ASAP.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Jeez...the Fantasy stuff can get really heated!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

In the words of Ron Burgundy "Wow, that escalated quickly."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12