Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    My first team drafted

    Opinions welcome
    In a 10 team league:

    QB-Daunte(pick 10)
    RB-Mcgahee(11th), Julious Jones(30th),D Foster(70th),Lamont Jordan(71)
    WR-R Wayne(31),Michael clayton(50th),Burleson(51),Houshmandzadeh(90),Jerr y porter(91), branch(110)
    TE-Wiggins(130)
    K-Edinger(150)
    D-Dallas(131)


    It's not in one of my pay leagues, so it is basically a warmup and a feeler for how my pay drafts will go.

    I wouldn't get another QB, until week 4 or 5, just for daunte's bye week. Same with wiggins. I like edinger and think he is gonna be a good fantasy kicker and I got him with the very last pick in the draft. If he fails, there are always a handful of good kickers on waivers.

    I had to take daunte at pick 10, when he scored the 2nd most fantasy points in the league last year, he was a steal at 10. My Rb's are filled with unproven guys and potential. I think mcgahee and jones are both gonna be tough RB's this year and are a couple of my favorite RB's in fantasy this year, besides the big ones like LT, alexander and priest.

    I probably won't leave TE, kicker, and D until the very end of the draft in my pay leagues though, but I like dallas, wiggins and edinger and there are always suprises at kicker, TE, and D, that our found on waivers.

    I also have the #1 waiver spot and will probably leave it for when the league enters ricky williams onto the list of FA's and pick him up for fun.

  2. #2
    canadian_vikes_fan's Avatar
    canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,322

    Re: My first team drafted

    You have a pretty sweet team - I think Jerry Porter will do really well this year - after all, he should be WIDE open because they have some other guy thats gonna draw a lot of double teams on the other side of the field. If I were you tho, I'd trade one of my RB's or WR's for a solid backup QB, cuz in Pep's bye week ull be screwed. Plus (God forbid) if he were injured...

    Thanks PPE for the sig.

  3. #3
    vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    459

    Re: My first team drafted

    edinger might have been a dumb pick, hes not guarunteed a starting job, and you might have been able to pick a better D like the Vikings instead of Michael Clayton

  4. #4
    vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    459

    Re: My first team drafted

    deshaun and lamont are steals that late too

  5. #5
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: My first team drafted

    "canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    You have a pretty sweet team - I think Jerry Porter will do really well this year - after all, he should be WIDE open because they have some other guy thats gonna draw a lot of double teams on the other side of the field. If I were you tho, I'd trade one of my RB's or WR's for a solid backup QB, cuz in Pep's bye week ull be screwed. Plus (God forbid) if he were injured...


    There are guys like mcnair and david carr on waivers, so one of them will be my QB in week 5.

    I was suprised that porter lasted so long.

  6. #6
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: My first team drafted

    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    edinger might have been a dumb pick, hes not guarunteed a starting job, and you might have been able to pick a better D like the Vikings instead of Michael Clayton

    Michael clayton is a stud WR. And the vikings D wasn't even drafted, so if I want them, I can still get them.

    This is my point in saying D's, TE's, and kickers are wastes of early picks IMO, since you can always find good ones on waivers.

    And edinger was the very last pick in the whole draft, so he couldn't have been that bad of a pick. IMO, he is gonna be our kicker and a kicker that can make 45+ yarders with our offense, will be a good fantasy kicker IMO.

  7. #7
    vikingdude82's Avatar
    vikingdude82 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    339

    Re: My first team drafted

    whats this for??

  8. #8
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: My first team drafted

    "vikingdude82" wrote:
    whats this for??


    Warmup for my pay leagues. It is a free yahoo league, but I use them as warmups for my pay league drafts(at antsports.com), basically to get a feel for where players will get drafted.

  9. #9
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: My first team drafted

    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    edinger might have been a dumb pick, hes not guarunteed a starting job, and you might have been able to pick a better D like the Vikings instead of Michael Clayton

    Michael clayton is a stud WR. And the vikings D wasn't even drafted, so if I want them, I can still get them.

    This is my point in saying D's, TE's, and kickers are wastes of early picks IMO, since you can always find good ones on waivers.

    And edinger was the very last pick in the whole draft, so he couldn't have been that bad of a pick. IMO, he is gonna be our kicker and a kicker that can make 45+ yarders with our offense, will be a good fantasy kicker IMO.
    Vikes D will be better than dallas. :wink:

  10. #10
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: My first team drafted

    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "muchluv4smoot" wrote:
    "vikings11_27" wrote:
    edinger might have been a dumb pick, hes not guarunteed a starting job, and you might have been able to pick a better D like the Vikings instead of Michael Clayton

    Michael clayton is a stud WR. And the vikings D wasn't even drafted, so if I want them, I can still get them.

    This is my point in saying D's, TE's, and kickers are wastes of early picks IMO, since you can always find good ones on waivers.

    And edinger was the very last pick in the whole draft, so he couldn't have been that bad of a pick. IMO, he is gonna be our kicker and a kicker that can make 45+ yarders with our offense, will be a good fantasy kicker IMO.
    Vikes D will be better than dallas. :wink:

    I don't wanna jinx them by taking them and expecting them to be awesome. I do think dallas is gonna have a heck of a D this year. They were already 16th i believe last year and added a ton of talent, so I see them being a top 10 and maybe even top 5 D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-12-2008, 04:37 PM
  2. WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED
    By enlvikeman in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-21-2005, 06:59 PM
  3. If you were drafted by the Vikings.......
    By squeek in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:06 AM
  4. Any opinions on this fantasy football team I just drafted?
    By shockzilla in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-29-2004, 12:40 PM
  5. Detroit Drafted WHO????
    By PacNWVike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-04-2003, 03:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •