Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My FF team

Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach

My FF team

Just wanted to know what everyone thought of my yahoo FF team that auto drafted.

QB- Kerry Collins, Rothlesberger
    WR- Randy Moss, Harrison, Burleson, Fitzgerald
    RB- Westbrook, Bennett, and Ronnie Brown
    TE- Witten, Putzier
    K- Stover, Wilkins
    DEF- Minnesota and Pittsburgh

I'm excited about my WR's I got. Don't know how I get 4 players of that caliber :shock: My QB Situation though is a little shaky.. as well as the RB. If Bennett has another probowl year then the rest of the league won't be laughing at me for taking him. Tell me what you think.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Re: My FF team

I don't think your QB situation is too bad. You'll double up everytime that Moss and Collins connect! Not a bad team!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

TATEone is offline Starter

Yeah I ended up getting Moss in my draft also. I was very happy about that, plus I also got the Vikes D pretty late also, which was exactly how I wanted it.
    Your team looks great though, esp. your WRs!!!!
    I voluntarily agree to not indulge in any alcohol, drugs, or engage in any other illegal activity that may in any way jeopardize the years of hard work we as a team have committed to our goal of a championship season in '76.

PurpleAndy is offline Starter

You might want to drop Rothlisberger for anyone else. He wins, but his fantasy numbers are horrible cause Pittsburgh thinks it's a crime to not run the ball 900 times a game.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

I'd be worried about your RBs. You're counting on Bennett (at RB2) to start all 16 games this year (or at least the first 15), something that he has failed to do 3 out of the 4 seasons he been in the league. After that, all you have is a rookie who may be splitting time with Ricky Williams.

Meanwhile, you have 4 WRs that are ranked in the top 15-20 at their position for fantasy football. Two are in the top 5. That's a lot of strength at one position, and very little at RB. Considering that RB is considered the key position in fantasy football, I'd try to do something to remedy that.

You already have a bunch of High risk/high reward type players at RB, so I'd go looking for an every-week stud player. You should be able to trade away one of your top receivers, get a top five back, and still have a strong set of WRs.

If you don't want to do that, you can see if Mwelde is on the waiver wire, and pick him up in case Bennett goes down. You can always drop one of your kickers to make room for him. There should be a kick available in week 3 or 4 to fill in for your starter.

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"josdin00" wrote:
    I'd be worried about your RBs. You're counting on him to start all 16 games this year (or at least the first 15), something that he has failed to do 3 out of the 4 seasons he been in the league. After that, all you have is a rookie who may be splitting time with Ricky Williams.

Meanwhile, you have 4 WRs that are ranked in the top 15-20 at their position for fantasy football. Two are in the top 5. That's a lot of strength at one position, and very little at RB. Considering that RB is considered the key position in fantasy football, I'd try to do something to remedy that.

You already have a bunch of High risk/high reward type players at RB, so I'd go looking for an every-week stud player. You should be able to trade away one of your top receivers, get a top five back, and still have a strong set of WRs.

If you don't want to do that, you can see if Mwelde is on the waiver wire, and pick him up in case Bennett goes down. You can always drop one of your kickers to make room for him. There should be a kick available in week 3 or 4 to fill in for your starter.
    Agreed ... might want to trade a WR for a top tier running back.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"Euphman06" wrote:
    Just wanted to know what everyone thought of my yahoo FF team that auto drafted.

QB- Kerry Collins, Rothlesberger
    WR- Randy Moss, Harrison, Burleson, Fitzgerald
    RB- Westbrook, Bennett, and Ronnie Brown
    TE- Witten, Putzier
    K- Stover, Wilkins
    DEF- Minnesota and Pittsburgh

I'm excited about my WR's I got. Don't know how I get 4 players of that caliber :shock: My QB Situation though is a little shaky.. as well as the RB. If Bennett has another probowl year then the rest of the league won't be laughing at me for taking him. Tell me what you think.

I know how you got those 4 WR's, by overlooking your RB's. You are hurting big time at RB. Benentt, if he even ends up starting the whole year, isn't gonna get many TD's, so he isn't worthy of anything more then a #3 RB at best. Westbrook is injury prone and phily won't overuse him this year, with buckhulter healthy. Correll will take a lot of westbrooks redzone or goaline carries and TD's away.

Unless you can start 3-4 WR's, you should trade one for a proven good RB. I would trade either harrison or moss(I'm guessing you won't trade him) for a good RB like an Ahman Green, Jamal Lewis, Julious Jones, McGahee or another good RB. You desperately need a proven #1 fantasy back, and westbrook isn't one, unless your league gives 1 point per reception.

And, if Kerry Collins struggles, moss will struggle, and your team will be in big trouble.

brandsp is offline Rookie

Great Draft, are there 4 teams in your league or what? One good thing I found out is that you don't need to have great RB's to start the season. So many get hurt during the season, you just need to be fast and pick up the back-ups of the FA and waiver wire. AKA I got Larry Johnson KC, Jerome Bettis Pit, and Nick Goings RB Car last year that carried me to the title.

duffVIkEs is offline Pro-Bowler

I like your team Euph, your recievers are top notch!

Instead of making a new thread I will just post my team here so u guys can see.

QB
    Mcnabb-Now im torn on if I want TO to come back.
    Brooks-Best backup I could get late in the draft.
    RB
    Alexander-Obviously my number one pick,and for good reason.
    C.Martin-Both of the leading rushers last year on one team!
    R.Brown-Just traded him for Jamal Lewis, what a sucker.
    WR
    R.Wayne-I am counting on Manning to keep distributing those TD's around.
    Burelson-Just because hes awesome, and my fav player.
    Steve Smith-Healty Smith + no Mushin Muhammad = great season.
    K.Mcardell-I hate this pick, needed a backup and he was the best I could get....*sigh*
    TE
    T.Heap-Top 3 TE in the league.
    Wiggins-Great backup.
    K
    Janikowski-Solid kicker.
    DEF
    Pitt-Did you see how many points there speacial teams and D made last monday, even though it was preseason. If they do that once it will be worth it.
    Jax-Top 10 D = good backup D

I really like this team and am hoping I win the league with this.

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

You traded Jamal Lewis for Ronnie Brown? You are insane.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast