Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LT vs AD

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: LT vs AD

"CrazyVikingsFan" wrote:
    Logic Glasses:
    LT is the only choice here. He has been consistant his entire career and he will not stop now. AP has been playing for one year. Peterson could easily fall into the phase known as sophomore slump and do worse than last year. The vikings pass attack could be ineffective and defenses stock 8 guys in the box and AP's attempts will be futile. Also I had AP on my fantasy team last year and yes he did do amazing the first half of the season but no one really talks about his downward spiral during the second half. LT is for sure the most logical and only choice at number 1.

Purple Blinders:
    AP all day baby! 3000 yards and 30 tds...
    No Glasses;
    LT is aging, and statistically on the decline. I think LT's first half of the season is comparable to ADs 2nd half. AD is coming off of his rookie of the year season, in which he drew comparisons, not to LT, but to greats like, Peyton, Brown, and Sanders. AD has the potential to shatter records, as no one has seen what he can do against a defense that has to defend the pass. Not to mention last year was his first season in the league, and he's still learning, he will obviously be in the game more and catch more balls this year. Our pass offense couldn't possibly be worse then last seasons, seeing as we've only added talent and another year as a unit. And his 'downward spiral' was do to 11 defenders trying to stop the run first. Not AD forgetting how to bust off yards.

Frankly, if teams can key in on the run so hard again this year, and stop us, TJ, Childress, Bevell, and Rogers all deserve to be fired, before the end of the season.

layman's glasses;
    AD didn't have a successful last half of the season, he obviously lost something. LT plays for a better team. AD can't block and comes out for 1/3rd of our plays and that stupid chiller doesn't throw enough screens to him.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To me Adrian Peterson has so much more potential it's scary. Whereas LT can only really go down. Can you honestly say you think LT could have done what AD did against the Bears and Chargers? Vikings fans are just too reluctant to enjoy what they have now because we get our hopes up every-year to be pooped on.

So LT might be the 'safe' pick but only because people might giggle if you pass him up. I say if you want to go for broke and get the most talented individual out there on your team, go for AD.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Also keep in mind AD will split time with Taylor.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "CrazyVikingsFan" wrote:
    Logic Glasses:
    LT is the only choice here. He has been consistant his entire career and he will not stop now. AP has been playing for one year. Peterson could easily fall into the phase known as sophomore slump and do worse than last year. The vikings pass attack could be ineffective and defenses stock 8 guys in the box and AP's attempts will be futile. Also I had AP on my fantasy team last year and yes he did do amazing the first half of the season but no one really talks about his downward spiral during the second half. LT is for sure the most logical and only choice at number 1.

Purple Blinders:
    AP all day baby! 3000 yards and 30 tds...
    No Glasses;
    LT is aging, and statistically on the decline. I think LT's first half of the season is comparable to ADs 2nd half. AD is coming off of his rookie of the year season, in which he drew comparisons, not to LT, but to greats like, Peyton, Brown, and Sanders. AD has the potential to shatter records, as no one has seen what he can do against a defense that has to defend the pass. Not to mention last year was his first season in the league, and he's still learning, he will obviously be in the game more and catch more balls this year. Our pass offense couldn't possibly be worse then last seasons, seeing as we've only added talent and another year as a unit. And his 'downward spiral' was do to 11 defenders trying to stop the run first. Not AD forgetting how to bust off yards.

Frankly, if teams can key in on the run so hard again this year, and stop us, TJ, Childress, Bevell, and Rogers all deserve to be fired, before the end of the season.

layman's glasses;
    AD didn't have a successful last half of the season, he obviously lost something. LT plays for a better team. AD can't block and comes out for 1/3rd of our plays and that stupid chiller doesn't throw enough screens to him.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To me Adrian Peterson has so much more potential it's scary. Whereas LT can only really go down. Can you honestly say you think LT could have done what AD did against the Bears and Chargers? Vikings fans are just too reluctant to enjoy what they have now because we get our hopes up every-year to be pooped on.

So LT might be the 'safe' pick but only because people might giggle if you pass him up. I say if you want to go for broke and get the most talented individual out there on your team, go for AD.
    I like your way of giving two different perspectives JJ.
    Great stuff.

Another thing to consider is that LT, like AD, had a young QB, saw alot of stacked boxes as well as had a backup C (Whithrow) up front last year which affected his numbers.

My guess is they will have better QB play this year which will not only help out on the run numbers but will get him some more passing stats as well.

Again, love AD to death but as I said in another thread, I would look at LT first and possibly even Westbrook second then AD.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Let's look at the numbers

LT

AD

1603yds, 10td

0yds,0td

2172yds, 15td

0yds,0td

2391yds, 18td

0yds,0td

1814yds, 18td

0yds,0td

1879yds, 23td

0yds,0td

2343yds, 33td

0yds,0td

1966yds, 19td

1609yds,13td
    total

14168yds, 136td

1609yds, 13td

Hmmm, I think I'll go with LT, he is as close to a sure thing as there is in fantasy football. He is averaging over 2,000yds and 19 tds a season for his career.
    Then again Peterson outperformed LT's rookie season, if you think he can outperform LT's second season then you should go with Peterson.
    I hope I get the second pick in the draft so I don't have to choose.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"jmcdon00" wrote:

LT

AD

1603yds, 10td

0yds,0td

2172yds, 15td

0yds,0td

2391yds, 18td

0yds,0td

1814yds, 18td

0yds,0td

1879yds, 23td

0yds,0td

2343yds, 33td

0yds,0td

1966yds, 19td

1609yds,13td
    total

14168yds, 136td

1609yds, 13td

Hmmm, I think I'll go with LT, he is as close to a sure thing as there is in fantasy football. He is averaging over 2,000yds and 19 tds a season for his career.
    Then again Peterson outperformed LT's rookie season, if you think he can outperform LT's second season then you should go with Peterson.
    Man... LT is sick.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

LT

AD

1603yds, 10td

0yds,0td

2172yds, 15td

0yds,0td

2391yds, 18td

0yds,0td

1814yds, 18td

0yds,0td

1879yds, 23td

0yds,0td

2343yds, 33td

0yds,0td

1966yds, 19td

1609yds,13td
    total

14168yds, 136td

1609yds, 13td

Man... LT is sick.
    I couldn't agree more.

Only bad thing I have to say about him is how he dealt with his injury and his team in his last 2 games and I will readily admit that I probably don't know the whole story but just what the sports hacks were spewing.

I believe he is gonna have a huge year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

LT

AD

1603yds, 10td

0yds,0td

2172yds, 15td

0yds,0td

2391yds, 18td

0yds,0td

1814yds, 18td

0yds,0td

1879yds, 23td

0yds,0td

2343yds, 33td

0yds,0td

1966yds, 19td

1609yds,13td
    total

14168yds, 136td

1609yds, 13td

Man... LT is sick.
    I couldn't agree more.

Only bad thing I have to say about him is how he dealt with his injury and his team in his last 2 games and I will readily admit that I probably don't know the whole story but just what the sports hacks were spewing.

The fact of the matter is LT remains the most consistant FF scorer in the last what? 5 years?
    Until he gets knocked off his perch; you gotta take him.
    AD has the upside, but LT is still in the prime of his career with an offense that is built around him to shine in FF.

If you play in a PPR league, I don't think its even a close call: LT all the way. Like Marrdro, I would probably take Westy at #2 in a PPR league.

"seaniemck7" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

LT

AD

1603yds, 10td

0yds,0td

2172yds, 15td

0yds,0td

2391yds, 18td

0yds,0td

1814yds, 18td

0yds,0td

1879yds, 23td

0yds,0td

2343yds, 33td

0yds,0td

1966yds, 19td

1609yds,13td
    total

14168yds, 136td

1609yds, 13td

Man... LT is sick.
    I couldn't agree more.

The fact of the matter is LT remains the most consistant FF scorer in the last what? 5 years?
    Until he gets knocked off his perch; you gotta take him.
    AD has the upside, but LT is still in the prime of his career with an offense that is built around him to shine in FF.

If you play in a PPR league, I don't think its even a close call: LT all the way. Like Marrdro, I would probably take Westy at #2 in a PPR league.
    Carefull, you could be labled as a Nit Picker or a Hater..... ;D

How many leagues you play in Sean?

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

LT

AD

1603yds, 10td

0yds,0td

2172yds, 15td

0yds,0td

2391yds, 18td

0yds,0td

1814yds, 18td

0yds,0td

1879yds, 23td

0yds,0td

2343yds, 33td

0yds,0td

1966yds, 19td

1609yds,13td
    total

14168yds, 136td

1609yds, 13td

Man... LT is sick.
    I couldn't agree more.

I'm not sure what injury your talking about, or what happend but I agree LT is sick. Being second fiddle to LT is not such a bad thing, if he keeps it up a little longer he will be considered one of the all time great running backs, probably already is.

LT passing numbers.
    8 of 11 for 143yds and 7tds. QB rating 154.4 yet he still only got 1 pass attempt last year. I'm not saying he should throw 20 times a game but wouldn't you give him a couple more attempts with those kind of numbers?

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

LT

AD

1603yds, 10td

0yds,0td

2172yds, 15td

0yds,0td

2391yds, 18td

0yds,0td

1814yds, 18td

0yds,0td

1879yds, 23td

0yds,0td

2343yds, 33td

0yds,0td

1966yds, 19td

1609yds,13td
    total

14168yds, 136td

1609yds, 13td

Man... LT is sick.
    I couldn't agree more.

I'm not sure what injury your talking about, or what happend but I agree LT is sick. Being second fiddle to LT is not such a bad thing, if he keeps it up a little longer he will be considered one of the all time great running backs, probably already is.

LT passing numbers.
    8 of 11 for 143yds and 7tds. QB rating 154.4 yet he still only got 1 pass attempt last year. I'm not saying he should throw 20 times a game but wouldn't you give him a couple more attempts with those kind of numbers?
    Here some stuff on it.
    Lots of negative comments/press about him "Sulking" on the side lines behind his darkened visor......

Again, I don't know the whole story and don't really hold it against him.
    All I'm saying is that is the only thing (albeit small) that I have bad to say about him.

Let's hope Sunday's AFC Championship doesn't wind up as LaDainian Tomlinson's most indelible playoff moment. Let's hope this of Hall of Fame player can erase the image of him sitting with his parka hood up, visor on, sitting stoically on the bench. (
    http://blogs.rotoworld.com/Fantasy_F...01/post_13.php

SI.com: You felt your image was tarnished in the AFC Championship Game with the criticism you received for not finishing that game. You're not one who gets criticized a lot.

Tomlinson: It has been motivating for me, to say the least. At the time, it was definitely something unwanted. People have their own opinions and everyone has critics. There is always someone looking to criticize you. But it's motivating and it makes you want to get back on the football field and get it going again.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200..._qa/index.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast