Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Let's get it started!

Well now that the draft is basically over, I just want to say good luck to everyone playing Fantasy Football this year. Since we only have 8 per division (in retrospect it should have been 10), most of the teams are pretty ridiculous. The true champs will be able to find an edge against their opponents.

Here are my official draft grades (Yah I have time)

Purplepride Division:

Webbie's Conquerors: B

Good first pick of the Edge, though I think Deuce is a little more consistent. Donovan is poised for a good year, though he can be inconsistent, and I know he didn't do much for you last season early on Webby . Fairly weak Rbs after that, though Domanick is a good 6th rounder for sure. Andre and Chad are good pick though your third wideout is a question mark, and both will have a bye the same week. Set at TE, K, and D.

Vs attack squad: B+

Ahman is a stud, as is Peyton. Stephen Davis in round 9 is absolutely ridiculous. Very solid group of Wrs, it will be interesting to see whether you start Moulds or J.Smith most of the time. Nice TE, K , D but you have no backups so you will have to release some of your stockpile of RBs during their bye weeks. Also Shockey is an injury concern.

TnT: B-

Not bad for a first draft. Can't argue with Portis or Owens. Your Qbs are decent, though they won't win you a lot of games. TJ and Warrick scared me off because on any given day neither is a starter, but they split carries almost every game. Also I foresee a problem in week 9 when they are both on bye. By then Moe won't be seeing much action. Portis is your only surefire starter. Kelly and Donte have potential all over them but Kelly doesn't get a lot of passes his way per game, Donte hasn't shown anything yet but has potential. No back up WRs? Good set of TEs, though three is too many in my opinion. Your kickers are good, on Defense there were probably better ones you could have taken, but Defense is probably the least important part of your team in this league. Bonus points for Calgary Stampeders logo.

Dauntes Domination: A

Nice Qbs, Bulger that late is a steal, he might turn out better than Hasselbeck. A stud in Alexander, and 4 strong other backs. Nice pick of Cris johnson is round 11, and Duce in 13. Amazingly strong wideouts, but what do you do for your third WR in week 4? Amazing TEs. Strong D. I know Tynes is the starter in KC, but he is fairly unproven and was he really the best option?

13th Warriors: A-

Solid group of QBs, especially considering how late they all were taken. Amazing group of RB, though I shied off Jamal because of his drug ring charges might cost him playing time in the season. Griffin was a good late round pick. Solid WRs, Kicker, TEs and D though no backup for D or Kicker? Toomer in 16 is a joke, both your TEs in 15 is also very good.

Minnesota Rednecks: B

QBs are good. Priest is a beast (Hey that rhymes ) and I think Fred Taylor will surprise some people. I don't know how effective Emmitt will be, but he is a late round pick anyway. Your Wrs are the weak point of your team, and although they are not bad, they are far from spectacular. Peerless price is probably your best one. (IS there a reason you had no 1st or 2nd round picks?). TEs are average but Baltimore is a great Defense. No kickers?!?! Though you may be picking one with your last pick.

4 DA Vikes: B, maybe a B+ if Dillon pays off.

Both QBs are very good. It will be interesting to see which one you start. Vick has been struggling with the new Offense, but his rushing TDs will really cash in. Pennington that late in the draft was an excellent pick. He should have a good year. Deuce is great, Bennett and Mewelde are interesting though I doubt they will really pay dividends, at least until Bennett gets himself healthy. Dillon is good but I don't know if he is worth a second rounder. Receivers are good, S.Smith and Coles should produce, Bruce is on the decline but serviceable, Patrick Johnson? Don't know him... maybe you know something the rest of us don't
    Dallas Clark has a lot of upside, especially with Peyton throwing the Ball and Pollard phasing out. No back up? # defenses is too many, but they are all good.

Cyprus Crusaders: D, only because of Culpepper.

Sorry man I realize this is your first year, but you probably got the worst team. Culpepper is a great pick and should pay off big time, especially with the way QBs get points for rushing tds in this league. However Seneca is a third stringer who will never play and you have no Qbs in week 4. Tatum is probably your best pick at RB and that is saying a lot. The rest will not play, and if all will share the ball. I guarantee any starting back is better than a bench warmer with potential. Dwayne bates doesn't even have team and even if he did...why? Marcus may be good though his wimping through injuries is not a good sign for him to play 16 games. Koren is good, not great. No other WRs? TEs are good, I am interested in seeing how the Sauce performs this year. Josh Brown is a good kicker. Defenses are average, though Jacksonville is decent. most of all though I am wondering what you will do come week 4. Almost all of your players seem to be from the Vikes or Hawks. And you will literally have almost no team. Ah well, live and learn. Maybe Damian Anderson will break of a 1000-yard season and shut me up

PREDICTED WINNER: Dauntes Domination, but who knows?

Now The PackerHater Division aka my turf

Raped Apes: B (if you get backups, B+ if you actually made the picks yourself)

Aside from pissing me off for not making the majority of his picks...
    Peyton is a stud, yet no backup? IS he so good that he can put up points even when he is not playing You have a lot of Running backs, Alexander is good but the nock on him is he is too hot/cold and is not as consistent as most would like. Darrell Jackson and S.Moss are very good W.R.s and both were picked by the draft tracker right before I wanted to pick them #%#$. Shockey and Elam and Carolina are all solid. You might want to lose some of those RBs for backups to those positions though.

NeumDogs Destroyers: A

Nice set of QBs, especially considering how late they were picked. Ahman is great, Marshall is a good #2 if he stays healthy. Deshaun and Tyrone will see limited time though. But are still pretty good since you only used a 13th and 16th pick on them. TO, Plaxico, and Mason is a very good receiving group with a decent wildcard in Fitzgerald. Jim and Kellen COULD are very good, Longwell is solid and the Pats are a great Defense

Scurvy Dogs: C (could be higher if you had missing draft picks ?)

Waiting till the 12th round to draft your 1 and only QB is generally not a recommended strategy, though Bulger will be an adequate starter. No kicker? No Backup TE or Defense. Waaaay to many WRs. Again, Griffin is a good late rounder, Portis is a stud. You are kind of missing a really solid #2 bad which is very important, though Westbrook probably will see a lot of carries. Not drafting your 2nd RB until the 10th round is a mistake in my opinion,. Still looking at your picks, Is there a reason you have no 2nd, 4th, 6th, 7th or 8th picks. Did I miss some blockbuster trade where you got shafted? Nevertheless Horn and Holt can hold their own and you have a bevy of solid #3s. T.Gonz is the man and the cowboys will have a good D. No backup TE or defense and zero kickers though?!

Aus: B- (mostly because of depth mistakes and average RBs)

Took forever to make his picks, but at least he made them. Culpepper is great, but no backup QB. RBs are iffy, Duce was taken way too high. Travis Henry might be good, the other two, who I cannot even pronounce don’t offer any real depth. Ward and Coles are solid at WR, your #3 is a gamble though. You have a lot of prospects that may pay of and while I respect that you probably could have gotten and established starter instead. Randy McMichael was a steal in 15. Very good kickers and defense, but no backup for your D.

Zeppelin: B+

Zeppelin was another slow drafter, (you can see how that frustrated me J ), who got some very good QBs. Why did Pennington last so long in both leagues? Anyway, Deuce and Kevin are solid RBs. Curtis is a decent pick that late. Wrs are pretty average other than Marvin who is amazing. Interesting Tes, Boo was strong late last year, maybe it might carry over. The other guy I don’t know much about. 3 kickers might be excessive but they are very good. Also your defense is very good.

Everson’s Empire: B

Nice QBs that were gotten late. I think there were too many good QBs to go around with only eight teams, but that is just my opinion. Rudi and Corey a both solid running backs but neither is a real star. Chris Brown is a good late round pick. Moss, Moulds and Koren are a very good staring three, but I think Tyrone Calico might not be that great a pick, I though he was injured. Decent TEs and Kickers. Picking Minnesota defense is always a gamble. You wont get many points off their points allowed but last year a lot of turnover made our D a legitimate selection.
    Ellerbeck: B+

Another team that constantly took their time and swiped the players I wanted right before me J. Vick is a risk but could pay off, Plummer is also a question mark but should be improved on last year. Edge and Jamal is a very good base of RBs (byes are the same week though!), though Eddie George and Kevin Jones don’t inspire the most confidence. I think Andre Johnson and Chad Johnson will have great years, Donte I am not so sure of and Kevin Dyson will be terrible in San Diego. Heap and Akers are excellent, eagles are good at D, but you have no backup.

And finally me…

Steamin Willie Beamins: A+ (hehe)

Seriously, how in they hell did I get Priest Holmes with the 14 ht pick of the first round and Ladanian Tomlinson in the second round. These guys should be going 1 and 2 OVERALL. I still have nightmares of LT lighting me up with 70-yard TD reception (which are worth 2 or 3 times more points for a RB) last season. Donovan is a very good QB especially if he gets me rushing TDs, he should be improved with T.O. Brett Farve I got dirt-cheap for a guy who led he league in TDs last year. Stephen Davis should have been gone by the 9th round and Domanick Davis should improve on his Rookie season. Those two could start on their own for most teams. My WRs have no marquee players but all 5 are solid, with S.Smith, Chambers and Peerless will probably start. Though Amani I got dirt cheap, and Bruce is OK. Alge went to the Probowl last year without Mike Vick throwing him the ball for most the season and Daniel Graham should breakout this season. Both my kickers are decent, though I never put to much weight in the kickers anyway. I only have 1 defense, but Miami is all right. I will have to pick up another for the bye week.

Division winner: ME J (seriously Priest AND LT, I was crying for joy)

Anyway I am too lazy to proofread this though I am sure I said “solid” and “good” about 100 times (I am too lazy to get a thesaurus)

Just want to say good luck on the season and if you are interested in trading, it never hurts to ask.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Let's get it started!

Any thoughts, opinions or insults ?

Let's get it started!

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Any thoughts, opinions or insults ?
    No reason for insults this is just a game BUT...there are waviers and the season has not even started...I am sure if we look at this later in the year, you may have some words to eat none from Me :scratch: I am the Rookie, 8) but the PurplePride divison will Take the SB and the TB and from your critique I'll be the TB winner :cheers: but like it say in the submited line up for those about to LOSE the Cyprus Crusaders Salute you...

we will see who's who at the end

Good luck to you ITS :!: you are going to need it 8)
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Let's get it started!

First off I had it on autodraft so I didn't draft the team....

And I'm not starting Moulds or Smith at WR. I will be starting Hines Ward and Marvin Harrison.

I'm gonna worry about depth at PK and D team once that time comes around.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Let's get it started!

Good God man...you got LT and Priest??? I don't think I've seen a draft this year or any year where that has happened. No offense to the others in your league but they need a serious head slap.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Let's get it started!

Alot of this was based on the fact that I thought you had 3 starting WRs (like last year), so that was my fault.

And of course casper a good waiver wire player can singlehandedly win the division based on that alone. I was just grading how people drafted. Just my opinion.

Let's get it started!

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Alot of this was based on the fact that I thought you had 3 starting WRs (like last year), so that was my fault.

And of course casper a good waiver wire player can singlehandedly win the division based on that alone. I was just grading how people drafted. Just my opinion.
    Draft is like preseason all it counts for is to distract you from the real thing, while putting some folks on the sideline...the draft gives you people to look at and think about but.....(what IF).....but like a good chef, it's what you do AFTER you get the ingerdienct's that counts...

By the way all the old timers in the Packerhaters Division...must be the Geriatric's Division :-k you all get medicare over there at the games too =P~ good luck your time is coming :lol:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    call it the "PRESENT"

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Let's get it started!

Yeah mine is not the greatest, but in my defense I had no idea what I was doing! I did drop one of my TE's to pick up another QB, as I realized after drafting them that they have the same bye week.

Let's get it started!

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    Yeah mine is not the greatest, but in my defense I had no idea what I was doing! I did drop one of my TE's to pick up another QB, as I realized after drafting them that they have the same bye week.
    That is a BIG problem for me too... I am working and studing hard though...to be honest, thanks to ITS for being on my case and reminding me about being being a rookie..i figure I am going to have to work hard to beat some of the old timers here :lol: good luck TNT looks like :scratch: some of these guys are out for major bragging right here :blackeye:
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    call it the "PRESENT"

Let's get it started!

I'm an old timer Casper? Man I'm in trouble...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast