Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Bretto is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    74

    Larry Johnson-this week

    How many pts did LJ score this week in your league?
    He only put up 8pts in my league but the stats show he rushed for 84 yards and had 9 yards receiving.
    That equals 93 which should be 9 pts.
    Am I missin something?

  2. #2
    cyviking's Avatar
    cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    233

    Re: Larry Johnson-this week

    I have LJ and I got 8, which is the correct #
    the yardage isnt totaled, its 1 pt for 10 rushing yrds and 1 pt for 10 recieving yards, no addition of yardage, sux i know but thats the way it is.
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

  3. #3
    vikes2456's Avatar
    vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,656

    Re: Larry Johnson-this week

    Funny how his whole Black players play better under black coaches argument was proven wrong this week.

    NOTE-I am NOT saying LT did better because he plays under a white coach, I just believe it depends on the coach and team, and color makes no difference

  4. #4
    Bretto is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    74

    Re: Larry Johnson-this week

    Well how many points did Ladell Betts get in your league?
    He scored 15 points in mine but he only rushed for 119 yards plus 43 yards receiving.
    Without the addition of yardage that is 11 plus 4 which equals 14, and he had a fumble which is -1point so he should really only have 13.


    I am the league manager in the league so I know there is no cheating going on I just think ESPN has screwed up their point totals.

  5. #5
    JDogg926's Avatar
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,786

    Re: Larry Johnson-this week

    "vikes2456" wrote:
    Funny how his whole Black players play better under black coaches argument was proven wrong this week.

    NOTE-I am NOT saying LT did better because he plays under a white coach, I just believe it depends on the coach and team, and color makes no difference
    What???
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

  6. #6
    vikes2456's Avatar
    vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,656

    Re: Larry Johnson-this week

    "JDogg926" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    Funny how his whole Black players play better under black coaches argument was proven wrong this week.

    NOTE-I am NOT saying LT did better because he plays under a white coach, I just believe it depends on the coach and team, and color makes no difference
    What???
    LJ made some random comments about how black players play better under black coaches a few weeks ago, made a semi controversy.

  7. #7
    gr8vike's Avatar
    gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    509

    Re: Larry Johnson-this week

    "Bretto" wrote:
    Well how many points did Ladell Betts get in your league?
    He scored 15 points in mine but he only rushed for 119 yards plus 43 yards receiving.
    Without the addition of yardage that is 11 plus 4 which equals 14, and he had a fumble which is -1point so he should really only have 13.


    I am the league manager in the league so I know there is no cheating going on I just think ESPN has screwed up their point totals.
    First off 11 + 4 = 15. And yeah he did fumble, but ESPN only docks pts if you lose a fumble. Did the Redskins recover it?

    Thanks PPE for the Sig

    Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

  8. #8
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Larry Johnson-this week

    When you had the choice between LT and Huggies to carry the team it should have been obvious.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #9
    gr8vike's Avatar
    gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    509

    Re: Larry Johnson-this week

    "vikes2456" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    Funny how his whole Black players play better under black coaches argument was proven wrong this week.

    NOTE-I am NOT saying LT did better because he plays under a white coach, I just believe it depends on the coach and team, and color makes no difference
    I dont think race of the coach has anything to do with how the players play. What about the color of the O-line does that matter. The QB? I think it has all to do with the athleticism of the players around you and the play-calling of the coach. Not what color he is.
    What???
    LJ made some random comments about how black players play better under black coaches a few weeks ago, made a semi controversy.

    Thanks PPE for the Sig

    Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,072

    Re: Larry Johnson-this week

    "Bretto" wrote:
    Well how many points did Ladell Betts get in your league?
    He scored 15 points in mine but he only rushed for 119 yards plus 43 yards receiving.
    Without the addition of yardage that is 11 plus 4 which equals 14, and he had a fumble which is -1point so he should really only have 13.


    I am the league manager in the league so I know there is no cheating going on I just think ESPN has screwed up their point totals.
    Two points to consider.....
    does your league only take fumble points away if the team LOSES the ball?

    Second, there maybe bonus points awarded for milestone yardages....
    ie, running backs might get bonus points for reaching 100, 150, 200.
    This could explain the extra points.
    I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Larry Johnson to Packers????
    By vikingivan in forum Post Wasteland
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 11:31 AM
  2. Chad Johnson VS Larry Johnson - Nice read,
    By baumy300 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2006, 02:45 AM
  3. Larry johnson mocks herm
    By jordy in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 07:35 AM
  4. Larry Johnson or Reggie Bush
    By Purple Floyd in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 09:00 AM
  5. Add Larry Johnson to the list...
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-14-2005, 04:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •