WBLvikesfan is offline Waterboy

How do i create a successful FF league

I am creating a fantasy football league with some friends, im thinking 10 teams should be good. Does anyone else have any suggestions to help me make a successful and good fantasy football league?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: How do i create a successful FF league

Its easy to start one as almost all of the site locations make it so damn simple now, even if you want to have a live draft.

Problem you need to make sure you don't make is get someone in the league that won't finish the year.
    Kindof messes up the fun in all of it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

You can follow the footsteps of some of the asshats on here....set up a league, go to the mentally challenged website and invite people to play, then kick ass and bring home the trophy.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    You can follow the footsteps of some of the asshats on here....set up a league, go to the mentally challenged website and invite people to play, then kick jiggly butt and bring home the trophy.
    Ohhhhh my goodness......... ;D ;D

That is just wrong on so many levels.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"WBLvikesfan" wrote:
    I am creating a fantasy football league with some friends, im thinking 10 teams should be good. Does anyone else have any suggestions to help me make a successful and good fantasy football league?
    1. make sure your team owners are going to be involved. Every Week.

2. set up and communicate all the ground rules before the draft - especially:

a. scoring system

b. tie breakers for game results

c. tie breakers for playoff seeding (make sure to include rules for both head-to-head ties and 3-way (or more) ties)

d. trade deadlines

e. trade approval methods (commish rule, league vote .... people can get pissy if they think someones making unfair trades)

f. waiver wire order

g. what happens if an owner can't or forgets to set up their roster for the week.

h. how any other league disputes will be handled (again .. commish rule, league vote ...)

3. if it's a cash league, make a deadline of before the draft for people to pay their league dues

That's all I got off the top of my head. Basically, if you make sure everything is clear going in, then everyone knows what to expect, and no one feels like their getting cheated.