Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Full Review and Comments on the PP FF draft

Whoa! I did get a title! Awesome! That's new PPE....sweet!!!

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

Pretty good reviews, but nzviking, I don't think you realized that we only start 2 wr's, not 3 like on yahoo.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    Pretty good reviews, but nzviking, I don't think you realized that we only start 2 wr's, not 3 like on yahoo.
    Yah that is a pretty important fact .

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

I decided to throw in my two cents on this league. Keep in mind, I really enjoy fantasy football and have played for several years, but I'm far from an expert.

1. Vikings Spirit - Best Pick - Randy Moss (3rd rd)
    - Worst Pick - Priest Holmes (4th overall)
    - Proven players all the way through your lineup. Bulger always does better than I think he really should, and Brady is always a solid backup option. Your running backs have excellent depth, and I think Davis is going to be a monster this year. I'm not to sure about Holmes, whether he'll be able to pick it up again this year, or if age and injuries have finally caught up with him. Very good crop of WR's, with Moss and Johnson being ready for wonderful years in my mind.

2. Hawaiian Vikes - Best Pick - Tatum Bell (9th rd)
    - Worst Pick - Adam Vinateiri (8th rd)
    - Solid team overall, you have excellent depth in your RB's and WR's, I could see you running into problems with your QB's. I am not convinced that Kerry Collins is a top fantasy QB, but all across you lineup you have guys that are poised to break out, like Bell, Evans, and Porter. You also have the best K and DEF, but I feel that they both went higher than they shoud've, but considering your depth everywhere, that wasn't a problem.

3. Webby - Best Pick - Westbrook (7th rd)
    - Worst Pick - Green (3rd rd)
    - Pretty good starters all across your lineup. McNabb will do well, and so will Alexander and Westbrook (I think Westbrook is better than Green). And Horn and Bennett will be fine for you receivers. And of course Tony Gonzalez will have another all-Pro season. So overall, a very good team.

4. PA Soul - Best Pick - Stokley (15th rd)
    - Worst Pick - Rudi Johnson (7th overall)
    - Not a bad team at all. Trent Green is certainly not a top 5 or 10 QB talent-wise, but he's consistently able to put up the numbers in KC. Although Johnson is a big reach, he is definitely capable of putting up some good numbers, as is Dillion. I really like the pick of Wayne in the 5th rd, and Stokley was a big steal in the 15th. But I'm not a fan of Darrell Jackson or Donald Driver, and I don't see them being very good fantasy players this year. If Antonio Gates actually plays, he will give you a big advantage over other teams, but he was somewhat of a reach in the 3rd rd, when other guys like Witten fell into the 5th.

5. (tie) USDA - Best Pick - Portis (6th rd)
    - Worst Pick - Drew Brees (4th rd)
    - You've got two good RB's in Barber and Portis, but little depth behind them during byes or if either of them get injured. I question your move of taking a good backup QB behind Culpepper (who is one of the biggest sure-things in ff this year) before taking another starting RB or receiver. Once again, Holt will have a good year and Clayton will hopefully build on his big rookie year. And I like some of your backup sthere, with Chambers in the 13th rd, and Burress in the 14th. I also feel that Todd Heap was a big reach in the 5th rd (and ahead of Jason Witten?).

5. (tie) Ultra - Best Pick - Eric Moulds (12th rd)
    - Worst Pick - Steven Jackson (3rd rd)
    - I disagree with nzviking with your first pick. I personally would've taken a RB, but there is nothing wrong with Peyton. He will surely lead all players in points IMO. Lots of people would have taken him first overall, and at third he is a solid choice. Your second and third round picks were both reaches though. Lewis is off-and-on, but he is in an offence that revolves around him, so you can never count him out. And he's always capable of breaking a 200 yd game. Jackson could prove me wrong, but I'm not entirely convinced that he's ready to be a premier RB yet. I would have gone with a safer choice like Portis, but he could end up having a monster year and prove me wrong. Your WR's are also iffy. Burleson is very good and will have a good year, but I'm not sure he was worth a 5th rd pick. Walker will still do well as long as Favre throws the ball to him and not the other team. Roy Williams has a ton of talent and has the ability to get a ton of points, but its going to be interesting to see how he splits time with Mike Williams and Charles Rogers. But Moulds could end up being a steal in the 12th rd.

7. Da Vikes - Best Pick - Marvin Harrison (4th rd)
    - Worst Pick - Michael Bennett (3rd rd)
    - Willis McGahee will have a solid year in the yound Bills offence. Look for him to struggle early but then improve as the year goes on as the Bills offence grows more comfortable. But your number 2 back is Michael Bennett. I personally think it will be a miracle if he is still starting midseason. But even if you disagree with that and think he is magically going to return to his Pro Bowl year, you still could've gotten him much later and picked up Clinton Portis or Brian Westbrook instead in the 3rd rd. Your weak #2 RB situation is going to put a lot of pressure on Ron Mexico to perform to eake out wins for you. I don't see that happening much. The Falcons team is very good, and Vick is exciting, but he is not all that good fantasy wise. He gets huge games, and then disappears for a few weeks. However, you do have two solid WR's in Harrison and Ward so that should help you.

8. Anglo - Best Pick - Kurt Warner (13th rd)
    - Worst Pick - Drew Bledsoe (6th rd)
    - LT is going to have a great year. He will get tons of TD's and he will get yards rushing and receiving. But you're supporting cast around him is very weak. Lamont Jordan is very unproven and could end up having a good year, but he could've been picked up around the 6th or 7th rounds. Julius Jones could end up having a very good year, and I would start him instead of Jordan. At WR, you have more risky picks. Boldin was injured all of last year and now has to split time with Fitzgerald. And as nzviking pointed out, New England receivers don't usually put up good fantasy numbers (you don't even know how long Givens can even stay on the offensive side of the ball). And your QB situation is a mess. Bledsoe hasn't done anything in a couple years, and he has a weak supporting cast in Dallas. Remember what Vinny Testaverde did last year? Kyle Boller and Kurt Warner both have potential to have good year, but they are both far away from sure things.

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Doesn't matter when y'all get smoked....all this rating and prognosticating.... lol

See ya when I stomp ya!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Uh oh, Webby is talkin trash!

nzvike is offline Training Camp

Man, i straight away assumed this was a 3 WR setup.
    Come Home Davey Dixon, The All Blacks need you

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"ltrey33" wrote:
    Uh oh, Webby is talkin trash!
    Yah, talking so much trash he had to put me in the other division .

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Well thanks for the comments NZ and Canadian - always willing to hear others opinions and, as I have another couple of FF drafts coming up, it will at least make me go back and look over my pre-drafts again for those.
    I'll agree with Del Rio that taking anything other than RB in the first round can hurt you - thats from experience last year !
    One thing in my favour is that I have Webby and Ultra in my division, so I'll be good for two wins at least :twisted:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12