Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    nzvike is offline Training Camp

Full Review and Comments on the PP FF draft

Hey All,

I want to write this bit first so to stop people skipping all this writing and reading my review then blowing there nut. This is my review so the picks and opinions I made are mine so don’t get all heated if you think I made a call on your team which you don’t like. There’s a good chance im wrong and I don’t care at all if I am. Although I do study FF quite a bit and have won a couple of big time leagues and also written articles on Fantasy Football sites so my picks aren’t to airy fairy. Since this league is so huge and has a few different rules(8 team divisions etc) I haven’t spent that long in writing up a bit of splash for each team hence these predictions could be way off.

I’ve been playing Fantasy football for a while now and do take it more seriously than most, Untill this year Ive only played in leagues with entry fees since those leagues are always taken a bit more serious and have more involvement. In those leagues every year we all write up reviews and other stuff about the draft straight after it. It gives us a stuff to talk and argue about before the season starts, gives us a chance to get to know each other in the league and a chance to see what other guys have on there teams and how they view fantasy football. It’s also a bit of fun and a test for me as I can come back and look at these posts when the seasons over and compare it to how it actually panned out.

Anyway the main aim off all this is to help out the rookies and the newer guys who are a bit lost with there drafting and team selections. Hopefully these reviews will increase there involvement in the league and everyone else’s which will make us all better FF players for some real heated and big years of FF to come at purple pride.

nzviking
    Come Home Davey Dixon, The All Blacks need you

Re: Full Review and Comments on the PP FF draft

http://football20.myfantasyleague.com/2005/options?L=41331&O=17

And in Order From best to Worst..

1. Hawaiian 21

Best pick- Branch, Deion NEP WR 13.08
    Worst pick- Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def 7.08

Ha, a Campaigner on the msg boards and by the looks of it the only Campaigner FF player in this division. You’re the only guy who took the conventinal approach to a FF draft and it got you’re the returns. Great great first 6 rounds, maybe a tad of a reach for Collins but hey some see him as being real real high, top 3 even and that’s fair enough. You got maybe the best RB combo you could in this league which rewards receptions and those 2 are as solid as rocks. Farve and Collins you can play matchups with but Kerry will start most the time. Branch, Owens, Johnson as your WR's with Porter to add in if all the hypes true plus a TE that will prolly lead all TE's in receptions when we get rewarded for it. Top it all off you got the best PK and DT, nice one and enjoy your easy road to the playoffs!

2. Vs Attack Squad

Best pick- Jones, Kevin DET RB (wow)
    Worst pick-Patriots, New England NEP Def

Yea 3 QB's you will have tough times deciding over. Love those RB's, boy Jones goes 68th!! Ive seen him go 8th! That’s a huge pick and he’s going to be adding some serious points to your tally this year. Two great WR’s don’t know who your 3rd is though, wont matter on most weeks with the other 2 making up more than the slack. Nice TE/PK/DT. Playoff bound.

3. Webby

Best pick- Westbrook, Brian PHI RB 7.02(but portis was still there?)
    Worst pick- Mcnabb, not a horrible pick but still a reach.

Got SA which will set him up solid for the season. Ha, who knows if that no2 overall pick was random though? Nah overall a not bad team with great depth all over. The thing is in a 8 team draft you should have more solid players than this, your going to have real tough game time calls every week, if you get them right you will make the playoffs, if not you could loose the thing. The thing about FF is you don’t know what will happen and security is the way to go. Who knows you may have looked at the schedule really deep(I haven’t as yet) and found whose got all the matchups each week, because your going to get some good ones with all those players.

4. USDA

Best pick- Portis, Clinton WAS RB 6.03
    Worst pick- C Pep at 1.06

If you didn’t pull off that Portis 6 round magic your season mighta looked quite a bit duller. The Portis pick totally makes up for the huge reach for no11 in the first round and gives you 4 very similar but 4 RB’s I like this year In this league, nice one. Those WR’s are prolly worthy of a B grade while the rest of your lineup push’s for the B+. Overall this teams going to hit its average most weeks as it’s solid and should push for the playoffs, good one.

5. PA souls

Best pick- Stokley, Brandon IND WR 15.07
    Worst pick-Tie, Ravens, Baltimore BAL Def 4.02, Johnson, Rudi CIN RB 1.07( ah?)

Man you made some mistakes. This draft looks like it came from a guy who picks with his heart before his head or just a rookie. Anyway you 2 RB’s really don’t suit this leagues scoring well and you took them both early and vice versa with your WR’s actually. You actually still may have a decent team and a shot at the playoffs but you will get blown out some weeks and going by your draft you will prolly make the wrong decisions a lot of weeks. Good Luck man.

6. Da vikes

Best pick- Ward, Hines PIT WR 5.05(it’s not even a steal, just the most solid pick u made)
    Worst pick-Bennett, Michael MIN RB 3.05(eeekk, I knew someone would do that)

Alright bro what have we got? Not 1 RB that’s proved anything in his career yet (don’t RB’s win fantasy football comps?). A couple of iffy QB’s taken early but I like the idea of taking palmer. A couple of nice WR’s who will get reception points and a youngster to choose from for no3 and the rest is average.

7. Widow makers

Worst pick- Manning, Peyton IND QB 1.03
    Best pick- Moulds, Eric BUF WR 12.06

Always happens, Take a WR or QB in the first and your RB’s suck which usually ends in an up and down scoring season. You have horrible RB’s and not enough, everyone should have 4 I reckon. The rest of your team is very very young and who knows what’s going to happen with them. Sorry mate I think you’re going to struggle.

8. Anglo

Best pick- Coles, Laveranues NYJ WR 11.01
    Worst pick- Givens, David NEP WR 5.01

That Worst pick could blow up in my face, someone’s got to catch the balls in NE since they lost Patten and browns skills. Givens has the skills but this always happens in NE and it’s always the same, disappointment. Too many different guys step up each week on that team. Anyway that’s only 1 pick. Angelo what have you done? You being distracted by the start of the premiership or Flintoff launching missiles on Australia? Your teams a mess. Its funny actually the 3rd RB is better than your 2nd and your 3rd WR is better than your 2nd. Looks like you drafted with particular players in mind but that mind must be playing games on you ever since those lions landed in NZ.

Oh yeah, forgot.

Yes i will do all the other divsions, theres like 5 so it will take a day or 2 but ill do em and post em on different threads so each divsion has a place to talk smack in.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I'll make sure I consult you prior to next years draft.

I'll take the smack from my division opponents. I quit the league at work after 8 years of people telling me my team was not good. 4 Super Bowl wins in 8 years isn't too shabby. I am in it for fun and comraderie...and to beat the pants off webby! :razz:

You'd better go undefeated too.

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

Do Fatman Farve's league next!
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

Del Rio Guest

Definately going with the if you don't get a RB with your #1 pick you lose philosophy.

The value you are attaching to these picks weighs heavily on when they were drafted correct? Not really the overall quality but more the quality that you managed to snag so late in the draft.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"fred3105" wrote:
    Do Fatman Farve's league next!
    Yeah! Even though I know he is going to trash my team... :cry:

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Do Marshall next. LOL j/k whenevr you want to works. Cool idea.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Good review! And yes...do Fatboy Favre next!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"ltrey33" wrote:
    Good review! And yes...do Fatboy Favre next!
    :lol: you got a title. Did I miss this or is this new? PP.O jedi trainer.. :lol:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast