hovan is offline Star Spokesman

FFB VIKING PLAYERS That you gotta have

If you are like me than I know you have to have a Viking player on your fantasy squad. I remember two years ago when everyone laughed at me because I took Culpepper and Moss with my first two picks. I made it to the playoffs but took a fall when they combined for a total of one touchdown in a playoff game. Last year Burleson helped me tremendously and Mewelde Helped me out for a game.

So the question is what do you all expect from our Vikes Fantasy wise this year? I would like to hear your opionions ans see how you differ.

1. Culpepper. Another Monster Year? I wouldn't take him with the 1# overall pick, but I might have too snatch him if I have a late 1st rd pick.
    2. Burleson Should be the second FFB producer from the Vikes unless Tice decides to stick with one Running back.
    3. Bennett, MM, Fason, Williams ??? I think I would grab our rookie wideout before I touch these. What are your thoughts on our RB's
    4. Wiggins, how will kleinsausser affect his production?
    5. Defense! Defense? Could this be the year to pick them?

Thanks
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: FFB VIKING PLAYERS That you gotta have

"hovan" wrote:
    If you are like me than I know you have to have a Viking player on your fantasy squad. I remember two years ago when everyone laughed at me because I took Culpepper and Moss with my first two picks. I made it to the playoffs but took a fall when they combined for a total of one touchdown in a playoff game. Last year Burleson helped me tremendously and Mewelde Helped me out for a game.

So the question is what do you all expect from our Vikes Fantasy wise this year? I would like to hear your opionions ans see how you differ.

1. Culpepper. Another Monster Year? I wouldn't take him with the 1# overall pick, but I might have too snatch him if I have a late 1st rd pick.
    2. Burleson Should be the second FFB producer from the Vikes unless Tice decides to stick with one Running back.
    3. Bennett, MM, Fason, Williams ??? I think I would grab our rookie wideout before I touch these. What are your thoughts on our RB's

Thanks
    Agree on Pep, given his stats with the arm and running then he would be a good pickup and a late 1st rd pick would be the best time to nab him if he's there.
    Burleson will post good numbers but not sure if he would be the second FFB producer - as you say depends on how the running game goes. This year I expect to see more running than we have previously done due to Bennett starting, Jimmy K and the OL being back and a move away from the predominantly aerial game that we've been used to.
    Wiggins - don't think Jimmy K will be taking passes away from him and that we will be going with a lot of 2-TE sets. His production will be down though due to increased running game, though he will always be there as a safety valve when plays break down.
    Defence - yep could be the year to pick them if your FFL has team D's as opposed to individual players. Overall they have the potential to be worth the pick - course that we have yet to see.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I think Culpepper will have another great year. I think his yards and touchdowns will be down a bit becuase of losing Moss and his numbers were just so insane last year it would be hard to match again. I bet he's one of the best 5 Fantasy QBs out there though.

Burleson would be a steal in the mid rounds...I think people are going to be overlooking him again, going with the TOs and Moss's of the league.

I really think Bennett is your best bet (he's on my FF team) as far as our RBs go. Tice really loves him, always has, so chances are he's gonna be the starter, and therefore your best chance for points.

Wiggins is a tough call, especially with Kleinsasser back, but he's really become a favorite target of Daunte's. He'll have a good year, but won't have nearly as many catches as last year, IMO.

The Vikes could be a steal as far as D goes. If I were you I'd try to get a proven D like the Eagles, Steelers or Ravens before the Vikes, but maybe keep them as a backup.

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"hovan" wrote:
    1. Culpepper - I don't think he's going to match last year's production, but that's no knock on him. Last year, he had one of the best years for a quarterback, ever. Even just matching that would be an extraordinary achievement, and I just don't see that happening. My main reason for this believe is that I think our points against will be lower this year, so the offense should have the luxury of running some ball control later in some games, thus taking some production from Culpepper.

That being said, I still think he will be one of the top two or three fantasy QBs this year, and should be a late 1st round/early 2nd round pick.

2. Burleson - I agree that he will probably be the 2nd best fantasy player on the team, but I think he's only going to be a borderline #1 fantasy WR. There are just too many places for pep to spread the ball for Burleson to put up solid WR1 numbers.

3. The running backs. - Bennett should be worth a late round pick, maybe as a RB3 or as a backup, but until we see how Tice spreads the playing time, the risk of them going back to RBBC is too great to draft Bennett any higher

4 Wiggins - Playing for Minnesota last year meant Wiggins was playing for his 5th team in 5 years, twice having been moved in the middle of the season. His yearly reception totals for 00-04 go like this: 18, 14, 10, 8, 71. It could be that he finally has found the right system, or that everything finally clicked for him... or it could be that last year was a fluke. My thoughts are that he's going to fall short of last year, but still do pretty well. After all, Culpepper knows he can go to him in a jam. I would expect about 60 catches for about 575 yards, and 4 TDs. That would put him around the 11th TE, and make him a borderline starter.

5. Defense - This should hopefully be a good year for the Vikings defense. The rankings I've seen place the Minnesota D anywhere between 11 and 15, and ahead of everyone else that has the same bye week. That means they would be a solid back up to anyone that you would draft above them.

One last note on Culpepper - with all the noise about Moss leaving, some rankings seem to me to be vastly underestimating #11. If those happen to be the rankings everyone else in your league is looking at, you might be able to snag Culpepper a round later than normal. It's a gamble, depending on the other players in your league, but it could work out really nicely.

ziggy is offline Training Camp

He is usally there, but my last pick I like to take is Travis Taylor!! I think he will be a big sleeper and have a break out year! And if he does not, well he was my last pick and 4th WR!
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man!

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Good I love it keep it coming, lots of ideas. Anglo, you've got me believing in Bennett now, as I had forgotten how in love Tice is with him. What do you think of Fason?

Ziggy, Travis Taylor, really? That is interesting, would you take him over Williamson?

Keep em coming.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

Vikings will be a steal on D especially for salary cap fantasy games! Vikes d is really cheap on many sites and as the season goes on and our D kicks butt they'll get expensive and you'll make money on the deal! And not to mention that's extra money to spend on buying Daunte!
    ;-)