Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Fantasy Trade (did I screw up?)

I hope I didnt make a mistake in my fantasy league.
    I just made the biggest trade of the year so far in our league.
    I know on the surface it seems like a good trade for my team, but just wondered what you Fantasy experts out there think.

My logic was that I will be getting 2 or 3 players that might be starting on any given Sunday for my team in return for one guy that has started a couple games and two guys that basicly are backups plain and simple.

I traded
    Mi. Vick
    Randy McMichael - TE
    J. Galloway - WR

for

Chad Johnson
    Shawn Alexander
    Algee Crumpler

I know Vick had a career day for me this week which conveniently enough was my starter (Mark Bulger's) bye week.
    But I am banking
    on the fact that Mark will stay healthy for me the rest of the year, and that Vick was going to be a high priced bench warmer for me most of the year.
    I need some help at RB as Edge has been killing me and I think in a couple weeks when (if) Shawn Alexander is healthy he will give me a good sidekick to Rudi Johnson in my starting backfield.

Even with Chad having a slow start I expect he will supplant Chris Chambers as my 3rd WR beside Heinz Ward and Terry Glenn.

I have Kellen Winslow at TE as well, but I think Algee will probably out perform him week in and week out.

Again I felt very good about the trade when I proposed it.
    Then when the other team accepted it, I got scared.
    DID I SCREW UP????
    Please massage my ego and tell me I didnt.

Also I wasnt sure if I should offer J. Galloway as the third throwin player or Marcus Robinson.
    I decided to Keep Marcus, I hope it wasnt just because of my Vikings bias.
    I picked up the Vikes D today also (I had cut them a few weeks ago because I thought my starting D of San Diego was looking solid) now with two more injuries and Merrimans Drug screw up, I am getting ready to jettison San Diego I think in favor of the Vikes being my new starting D.

oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Fantasy Trade (did I screw up?)

Dude are you kidding me?
    IMHO you swindled that guy.
    You got a stud RB in Alexander and stud WR in Johnson; even if they both are having down years so far, you know guys of that talent are gonna break out eventually.
    Crumpler too; he won't have a game like he did last Sunday every week but he's solid and he's Vick's fav. target.
    Again man, you got a helluva deal imo.
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

I think it was a pretty solid trade.
    I would've definately looked to trade Vick this week if I had him.
    When I have inconsistent players like him, I try to catch them on a good week then shop them to see what I can get for them.
    Shaun Alexander should definately be a help for you.
    Alge Crumpler is a nice TE but so is McMichael, that's probably the most even part of the trade, other than that... I'd say you burned him.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

vick is solid jus about every week... mcmichael for alge id do it... anddd galloway for chad id do it too even tho chad is getting doubled every game.. alexander hasnt done anything this season so i think pretty even overall good especially if u have bulger

Thanks josdin00

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Galloway takes a hit, but is a STUD fantasy WR .... but Crumpler and Johnson will out perform in the end, as Galloway is the only viable option for the Buc's and the Bungles have Who's-your-Momma to off set Johnson.

Overall, you did well.

MplsViking is offline Starter

I made some trades also.
    In the first trade i traded McGahee and I got Shaun Alexander.
    And in the 2nd trade I traded Jamal Lewis(bench player), Edge (horrible) and Grossman(bench) for Rudi Johnson Corey Dillon and The Miami D as a throw in.....throw in that reminds me, Liriano was the "throw in" in that pyrzienski trade.. SF GM is a joke. HA

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

I probably should have thrown in M.Rob instead of J.Galloway since they were just basicly a throw-in player.
    And as you said J.Galloway is the only option for the Bucs, however M.Rob is about the only TD option for us right now too.
    I couldnt make up my mind, and again I hope I didnt let my Purple glasses cloud my judgement. I know J.Galloway was a much higher ranked player to start the season, but they have basically been a wash statistically this season, neither of them have done much.

I guess time will tell. Again, I doubt either of them will ever see the field for me once this trade is done with

Heinz Ward
    Terry Glen
    Chad Johnson
    Chris Chambers

That leaves M.Rob (or Galloway if I would have kept him) as my 5th option at best so probably doesnt matter right?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I hope the 12 yr old that you destroyed has stopped crying.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

That trade is almost like cheating.

I rarely get any good tradedeals done myself. Maybe I should try looking for it some more.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Turboe" wrote:
    I hope I didnt make a mistake in my fantasy league.
    I just made the biggest trade of the year so far in our league.
    I know on the surface it seems like a good trade for my team, but just wondered what you Fantasy experts out there think.
    That kid's dad is going to come over to your house and make you take back that trade it's so unfair.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast