Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Fantasy - RB Emergency!

Wow, just woke up this morning and see that my RB situation has gone from worrisome (I was planning to try to pick up another FA this week) to emergency status with my #1 RB Gore apparently going down for the year last night. Thats what I get for actually not watching a Monday night game.

Anyway that leaves me with really only two servicable RB's Moreno & Tomlinson. My next option with Gore now out is Jahivid Best, who was good early but hasnt seen the light of day off my bench since. I am tied for my league lead, so it seems like the last couple weeks when I tried to pick up a FA someone always got me with a lower waiver position. I like my compliment of WR's ok and will probably play WR in the flex position the rest of the year (although I would prefer to have a RB there), I doubt I will find a good enough RB at this point to displace one of my WR's (T.O. , Marques Colston, Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams (TB) and Randy Moss).

So here is my dilemma. I really think I need to try to get two new RB's and will put in multiple claims to try to get at least one or two of them. But wonder what your thoughts are on ranking these free agents?

Ricky Williams
    Mike Goodson
    Maurice Morris
    Brian Westbrook
    Cadilac Williams
    Marshawn Lynch

Thinking that I will probably waive Jahvid Best and Randy Moss as the two to pick two of these guys up. I cant believe I am going to cut Randy Moss who is not only one of my favorite players, but should have huge upside, but at this point he looks like his potential is just about nothing. And besides I figured if the Vikes can cut him for real, I guess I can consider cutting him in Fantasy land. My other option would be to cut my 3rd QB Favre who I doubt will break the lineup behind Vick and Bradford.

Just thought I would hear your thoughts to add to mine before I make a move this week.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Fantasy - RB Emergency!

1st) Westbrook is the only guy you need, he looked good last night, spin move was my favorite.
    2nd) Goodson will have issues with Stewart coming back on keeping his playing time.
    3rd) Woodhead if he is available

Caddy and Lynch, why bother, you are just as good with Best.

Split time guys:
    Ricky W (R Brown, I cut him in my league, can't trust either to get the load or outperform the standard for the yr.)
    Caddy (LeBlount)
    Goodson (Stewart)

Randy Moss, wow, this guy is done for the season. He was in the black hole in Oakland and now he is in his own black hole in 2010. He can not be started no matter how much upside he has. You can use him as a back up if another guy is out for the week. Any longer injuries, I would look for someone else. Last week in Houston, the Texans put 8 and 9 in the box anyway with the Rusty at QB which is like saying Randy who? Not even Randy can save the rookie and CJ. CJ had like 7 yards rushing. The Texans are one of the team everyone passes on and the Titans couldn't do it. Is Collins coming back, if so when? Moss might have one big game, but CAN NOT be counted on.

Favre, he might have one or two big games in him but are you really going to start him over Vick or even Bradford at this point. One thing in the Bevell interview on KFAN that stuck out with me was this, "Leslie came over and asked us to run again here and there." The flip side of that is that Bevell does have the ability to pass and call plays but then again, the head coach is defensive-minded.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

BTW, I really like Moreno going forward. He gets a lot of touches and has done well when not injured this season.

LT, have the coaches pulled in the reigns a bit or is it a split in the carries or him slowing down? I really haven't looked at his numbers, just seen a few games and seems like Greene has been carrying a bit more or am I mistaken.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Turboe,

I played Best heavily in the early part of season, but after that injury, he played two more good games, trying to play thru the injury, but I waived him, noticing that his points and feeling his stock was sinking....Good thing I did, he's not even bench worthy right now.
    I don't like helping others, espeicaly going into the playoffs for us in PPO FF, but if I was you, one solid move now would be simply to plug in Westbrook for the loss of Gore...

Good Luck!

PS: After dumping Best, I picked up off waivers and pluged in Hollis (Clev Browns RB) he was coming off his injury, but looked solid before his injury...What a blessing he has been! Monster 48 FF Points in this past game alone, I wish he wore purple and gold..hehehehehe

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Quote Originally Posted by "NordicNed" #1080532
    Turboe,

I don't like helping others, espeicaly going into the playoffs for us in PPO FF, but if I was you, one solid move now would be simply to plug in Westbrook for the loss of Gore...

Good Luck!

PS: After dumping Best, I picked up off waivers and pluged in Hollis (Clev Browns RB) he was coming off his injury, but looked solid before his injury...What a blessing he has been! Monster 48 FF Points in this past game alone, I wish he wore purple and gold..hehehehehe
    Thanks Ned, and others. Yeah I never would have even posted in here, but I am not in the PPO league, and no one else from my league comes in here to see what I was thinking. Just value peoples opinion around here, and never hurts to hear what someone else is thinking as well.

Thanks for the feedback, and keep it coming if anyone else has any thoughts. That is what I was thinking about Westbrook, but I am sure someone else might be thinking the same way and with a last one or two waiver position I will probably be in the same boat as the last couple weeks missing out on my choices. I am guessing I am going to have to go 2-3 deep at least on my waiver preferences to get at least another live body in the positon. Thinking Westbrook, Morris, Williams, Goodson in that order right now. Might change my mind in the next day or two.

Woodhead is gone unfortunately, and yes I too sense that the Jets are pulling in the reigns a bit on LT in favor of Greene. Fortunatley for me Greene seems to do something stupid with the ball every once in a while just to keep the coaches thinking that the old man may still have some merit.

I too like what Moreno is doing, and I guess he just stepped up to be my #1 guy.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Turboe,

Didn't realize you aren't in PPO FF....Here's a tip....

You may want to think about backing up Westbrook with our very own Gerhart (spelling) watch AP's ankle, and even if AP does start, which I think he more than likely will, I can easily see Frazier sending in the young buck for red zone work. I'm sure Frazier would rather have the young buck taking the pounding and get practice for AP...AP might just not play also...Toby may be a solid start this week....

Best of luck!
    ned

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Quote Originally Posted by "NordicNed" #1080540
    Turboe,

Didn't realize you aren't in PPO FF....Here's a tip....

You may want to think about backing up Westbrook with our very own Gerhart (spelling) watch AP's ankle, and even if AP does start, which I think he more than likely will, I can easily see Frazier sending in the young buck for red zone work. I'm sure Frazier would rather have the young buck taking the pounding and get practice for AP...AP might just not play also...Toby may be a solid start this week....

Best of luck!
    ned
    Yeah the Gerhart thing crossed my mind as well, he looked good in the game Sun and I agree that he might be a good pickup for this week. But our playoffs week 15 & 16 are against Chi and Phi and I am sure Peterson will be back (or at least I hope) by then. I may still do it, but I think you and everyone else here are right my best hope is if Westbrook doesnt get picked up by anyone.

The good news is the bottom half of the league has gotten complacent as their playoff fates are sealed. And the guy in the league that is the most on the ball is tied with me for the league lead but I think I am one slot ahead of him in the waiver order, so he doesnt have to make it past him at least.

We shal see.

ILLvike is offline Rookie

Westbrook is going to be your best option, not only is he fresh, he will be used much like Gore.

Lynch would probably be my second pick in the bunch, he isn't going to get you a ton of points, but can pretty much promise atleast 8 points.

I would look to Morris next, in a similar situation last year he did well.

Goodson could be intriguing, Stewart is supposes to be coming back, and will get the bulk of the 1st and 2nd down carries, but Goodson will still see action as a 3rd down and goal-line back, and will probably poach atleast one TD. I'm just not sure he can do so every week.

I really don't trust any running back from the state of Florida not named MJD, but I would take Ricky over the Caddy.

I'm actually in a similar situation in one of my leagues, I started the year with Peyton Hillis and Jahvid Best, Hillis is still starting, Fortunately. I also picked up Torain off the Waiver wires, so the three of them made a nice bye-week platoon. With Best being nearly worthless, and Torain out, I picked up Mike Goodson and rode his production the last couple weeks, but I think he may not see another game thats quite that big. I put in Waivers for Toby (in case they decide to limit Peterson, and it makes a nice handcuff too, the only team ahead of me has Peterson)and for Westbrook. I dropped my second quarterback to do so (Fitzpatrick) but only because I have a thing about stockpiling WR's.
    None