Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Fantasy - Which QB to drop?

Well I might as well see what people on here think.

In a league that doesnt have any roster limitations on how many of a particular position you can have, so I have been slowly stockpiling QB's since I have not had a real "Blue Chipper" at that position all season. Now I think I might drop one tonight and pick up another Defense since I really dont want to start the Bears D against us tomorrow. Plus the Bucs D is available and figured they would be a good start against the Panthers tomorrow.

So here are the QB's I have, I would love to hear who you would drop.

Mike Vick - picked up as free agent but has obviously been my main QB when he is healthy.

Brett Favre - drafted to be my main guy, but dont need to tell everyone here after his start has mostly ridden the pine.

Donovan McNabb - Played well for me early in the year before Vick took off, but when you are getting pulled for Rex Grossman I am thinking the best days are behind you.

Vince Young - took a flyer on this week as a free agent since I think Moss may make him another Cullpepper. Not the most accurate guy but has a big arm. Like my golf buddies say, "plenty of postage, but not always the right zipcode."

So I am probably leaning towards dropping McNabb, just wondered what everyone else thinks. Vick is my starter, and I would think Favre and Young would have the biggest potential upside.

What are your thoughts?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Fantasy - Which QB to drop?

I would start the Bears D. We have a terrible OL.

Traveling_Vike is offline Coordinator

Bucs D will do better than the Bears this week. In the long run, though, the Bears D will probably be better for points, especially if you lump in the Special Teams.

Seriously, though, I think you're right leaning toward McNabb as the drop. They're all decent, but he has the least upside and has a major problem with his HC, moreso even than Favre.

So drop him for the Bucs D, but then reverse that next week if he's still available.

My Meeple is purple. What color is yours?

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Tampa's "D" is projected to destroy Carolina, so that might be a good move to make.

Our history with Chicago says that this game could go in any direction, at any time, despite all information. I wouldn't pass up the Tampa shot based on Chicago MAYBE being dominant.

AS for QB's...dump McNabb. Vick - if he stays healthy - is your money guy. Favre can light it up - as we saw last week - but until Rice gets here and the Receivers start clicking, I don't know if I'd bet on seeing that every week.

JMO

Caine

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

marstc09 wrote:
    I would start the Bears D. We have a terrible OL.
    Peppers just might be having another field day owning McKinnie/Loadholt.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Out of those you listed, I'd drop McNabb.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

singersp wrote:
    Out of those you listed, I'd drop McNabb.
    +1

And start Vick.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

Traveling_Vike wrote:
    Bucs D will do better than the Bears this week. In the long run, though, the Bears D will probably be better for points, especially if you lump in the Special Teams.

Seriously, though, I think you're right leaning toward McNabb as the drop. They're all decent, but he has the least upside and has a major problem with his HC, moreso even than Favre.

So drop him for the Bucs D, but then reverse that next week if he's still available.
    Thats what I was thinking. I cant imagine given his recent situation with the coach that people will be lining up to claim Donovan at the wavier wire next week.

Plus I am kind of funny. I love my fantasy football, I am 8-1 and tied for the league lead, but I hate being conflicted if I can help it while watching the Vikings game. So unless it is one of my studs that I have to start I will often bench someone playing against the Vikings so I have not conflicts while I am cheering for the Vikings during the game.

So while Peppers may make me rue my decision, but I think I am going to go with Tampa's D.

ILLvike is offline Rookie

Drop McBad and Farve, Grab TB's D, or Arizona if you can, that would be even better. Use the other open spot to grab a wide reciever- Steve Johnson would be a perfect grab but hes been discovered. theres still gems in most leagues though. After this week, Stream a D from the following choices: against CAR, against CHI, against MIN, against SF, against SD (if its a league that counts D/ST).
    None