sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

fantasy let downs and surprises this week

Well in one league I had Vick starting, in the other I had Bulger. The thinking was that both would shred the SF and AZ defenses with little trouble. Both put up decent numbers but not nearly as much as expected. Bulger had only 1 TD pass and also a pick but that's no surprise. Vick forgot that your typical NFL game lasts 4 quarters. Great start, then went flat in a hurry. Another disappointment was Nate Burleson. Seems like every receiver on the Vikings caught one of those Daunte TD bombs except for him. But my disappointment over his fantasy numbers was just buried by the excitement of the victory.

The surprises for my teams would first be TE Antonio Gates. No TDs but plenty of receiving yards. It looks like he will be a good receiving option for the Chargers so I'm sure the scores will be there. Another would be Curtis Martin. Damn! He pretty much won the game for me in one league. Finally, Quentin Griffin. I drafted him hoping that the Denver system would work, and at least this week it sure as hell did.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Don't forget that everyone tears up the Chiefs defense.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: fantasy let downs and surprises this week

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    Well in one league I had Vick starting, in the other I had Bulger. The thinking was that both would shred the SF and AZ defenses with little trouble. Both put up decent numbers but not nearly as much as expected. Bulger had only 1 TD pass and also a pick but that's no surprise. Vick forgot that your typical NFL game lasts 4 quarters. Great start, then went flat in a hurry. Another disappointment was Nate Burleson. Seems like every receiver on the Vikings caught one of those Daunte TD bombs except for him. But my disappointment over his fantasy numbers was just buried by the excitement of the victory.

The surprises for my teams would first be TE Antonio Gates. No TDs but plenty of receiving yards. It looks like he will be a good receiving option for the Chargers so I'm sure the scores will be there. Another would be Curtis Martin. Damn! He pretty much won the game for me in one league. Finally, Quentin Griffin. I drafted him hoping that the Denver system would work, and at least this week it sure as hell did.

Duds: Jamal Lewis- Remember what he did to the browns d last year? I played him of coarse, and he absolutely stunk! Vick- All offseason he has been saying that the west coast offense was not gonna keep him from running the ball. Well he ran for like 5 yards and that certainly isn't what I drafted/started him for. Baltimore D- Boy did they stink it up against an offense that wasn't playing all that good.

Studs-Priest holmes-it is almost shocking when he has a week where he doesn't get 2 or 3 TD's. Daunte-don't need to say anything here. McMichael- Had a hell of a game against a good D, and with rotating QB's who didn't play well.

Suprises: David terrell- he was my sleeper WR for this year and he started off the season making me look good with that pick. Now you see why I was happy I drafted him sdvikefan? Vinny- I didn't think he was capable of doing what he did against us. I knew he wasn't a bad QB, but I neverin my wildest dream would have seen him passing for that many yards against any D.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Don't forget that everyone tears up the Chiefs defense.

Yeah, I thought that adding gunther cunningham as their D coordinator was gonna make their D a top 10 D? Can't believe that john clayton thought their D would be that much better this year, when they kept all their crappy D starters. A system can only do so much, eventually you need talent in that system.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

You guys forgot to mention dallas' d as a big letdown. Too much points and yards given up which usually never happens on a parcell defense.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Re: fantasy let downs and surprises this week

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:

Duds: Jamal Lewis- Remember what he did to the browns d last year? I played him of coarse, and he absolutely stunk! Vick- All offseason he has been saying that the west coast offense was not gonna keep him from running the ball. Well he ran for like 5 yards and that certainly isn't what I drafted/started him for. Baltimore D- Boy did they stink it up against an offense that wasn't playing all that good.

Studs-Priest holmes-it is almost shocking when he has a week where he doesn't get 2 or 3 TD's. Daunte-don't need to say anything here. McMichael- Had a hell of a game against a good D, and with rotating QB's who didn't play well.

Suprises: David terrell- he was my sleeper WR for this year and he started off the season making me look good with that pick. Now you see why I was happy I drafted him sdvikefan? Vinny- I didn't think he was capable of doing what he did against us. I knew he wasn't a bad QB, but I neverin my wildest dream would have seen him passing for that many yards against any D.
    I got a kick out of Salisbury last week apologizing to all the Browns fans for saying their team sucks. But actually Cleveland's D has done pretty good so far although they haven't faced any powerhouse offense yet.

And you're right about the Chiefs D. Quentin Griffin didn't exactly repeat those numbers this week against Jacksonville, making him one of this weeks duds.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters