Thread: Fantasy Advice

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

Fantasy Advice

I am wondering if any of you have some good fantasy football advice for me. I am currently sitting 3rd in my league ... 4 teams make the playoffs.

Anyways, I have a dilemma this week. The guy I am playing is starting Rice AND Harvin. I have both Philip Rivers and Brett Favre at QB. Both QB's are projected to have good days, but with the other guy playing both Rice and Harvin is it smarter to start Favre and tie my success to the guy I'm playing, or start Rivers and keep it separate? I am also starting Shiancoe, which throws another wrinkle in the game. Any advice would be great!

P.S. QB's in our league get 1 pt for every 25 yards and 4 pts for a TD .... WR's get 1 pt for every 10 yards and 6 pts for a TD.

Thanks in advance!
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

--KG-- is offline Starter

Re: Fantasy Advice

I would start rivers, if Farve throws 5 tds you get 20pts but if Harvin and Rice catch them your opponent gets 30 plus the yardage disparity.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body
    thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ri

That is the way I have been leaning as well. I appreciate your advice!
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

"--KG--" wrote:
    I would start rivers, if Farve throws 5 tds you get 20pts but if Harvin and Rice catch them your opponent gets 30 plus the yardage disparity.
    I guess I forgot to add that I am starting Shiancoe as well. So if Favre throws a TD to Shiancoe I get pts for both of them.
    ~ Jared Allen

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I always say start the guy who you think will have the best game regardless of who your opponent is starting.

Sure, maybe Favre throws 5 TDs all to Sidney Rice. That would be a bummer for your fantasy team. But if Rivers only has 2 TDs, you're still better of with Farvay.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

"happy" wrote:
    I always say start the guy who you think will have the best game regardless of who your opponent is starting.

Sure, maybe Favre throws 5 TDs all to Sidney Rice. That would be a bummer for your fantasy team. But if Rivers only has 2 TDs, you're still better of with Farvay.
    Thank you for your advice ... I'm just torn as to who will have the best week.
    ~ Jared Allen

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Tough Choice. Hard to bench either of them. I may have to give the edge to Rivers only because I do think Farve will have a decent game but IF AD keeps up his history of runing all over he Bears then that will cut into his points and may lead to Farve sitting again if they get a big lead like last week. Which is very possible.

"Garland" wrote:
    Tough Choice. Hard to bench either of them. I may have to give the edge to Rivers only because I do think Farve will have a decent game but IF AD keeps up his history of runing all over he Bears then that will cut into his points and may lead to Farve sitting again if they get a big lead like last week. Which is very possible.
    That is good advice ... I think I am going to go with Rivers this week. Thank you (everyone) for your help.
    ~ Jared Allen