Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Can I get some feeback on my fantasy team--16 teams.

I'd look to see what you can do with your receivers. Ward isn't bad for a #2 WR in a 16 team league, but I think Holmes is going to be the #1 guy in Pittsburgh, and Ward's production will drop because of it.

The guy I'm most concerned about on your roster is Holt. He's already said that his knee is only 70%-80%, and that he's not healing as fast as he used to. That's 6 months after his surgery, and it's only 70-80% healed, and it's a week away from the start of the regular season. He's talked about 'managing' the injury, which means pain killers and draining fluids out of his knee when it swells.

I would be willing to bet that he won't play in every game this season, so you need to be real sure of your back-ups.

I'm also not sold on Portis this year. The injury bug is biting, and Betts is strong incentive for Washington not to rush Portis back.

You might be able to trade Holt for another top tier WR (Wayne?) if the other owner hasn't heard of Holt's injury problem. However, you might have to sweeten the deal, and the only other sweetener you have is Manning. If that's the case, what I'd try to do is put together a package deal with Manning, Portis, and Holt, and try to get a different top-tier WR, a higher ranked RB, and a 2nd tier QB, for example Bulger, Wayne, and Bush. Try to find an owner that is so eager to get Manning that he won't look too deep into Portis and Holt.

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Thanks for all your input, what would you think of a Holt and Portis trade for Willie Parker and Brandon Marshall?

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

I don't think you're getting enough. I think you can set your sights a little higher than Brandon Marshall. CBSSportsline ranks him as the 48th WR. I think you can set your sights in the 20-25 range (Santana Moss, Vincint Jackson...), or maybe a little lower (Jerricho Cotchery, Calvin Johnson).

Remember, set your sights high in a trade. You can always negotiate down. But if the other guy doesn't have the same concerns about Holt and Portis that you do, he might just give you what you ask for them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12