Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C.Taylor

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: C.Taylor

"spunk_goblin" wrote:
    Chester Taylor is going to be our no1 guy next season - which presumably means he's gonna get 15-20 carries a game and 3-6 catches a game. And with a weak armed QB and no star WR like Moss, he could easily be the most important offensive player in the team, other than Johnson. He certainly will have the opportunity to get big yardage, whether he will or not is a different matter.
    I would agree with you in theory. But like Snow said, we don't know exactly how our offense will run. I would be more willing to jump on this line of thinking if it weren't for the fact that I had Stephen Jackson on my FF team last year.

When Jackson got 20+ carries (like 3 games), he was a beast. There were a couple of games where he got like 12 or fewer carries which burned my ass. If the Vikes are diligent with giving him the ball, I think he is a top 10 back. If he is getting 10-12 touches and 2-4 looks a game, he will be a marginal FF back at best.

If the O-line steps up...he "should" have a great season.....

[IMG]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5mzz52hElUcBTUajzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTA4NDgyNWN 0BHNlYwNwcm9m/SIG=12pkl8v5q/EXP=1147812211/**http%3a//www.enquirer.com/bearcats/img/photos/2001/12/taylorap_zoom.jpg[/IMG]
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

Prophet Guest

I would pick up C. Taylor for an RB on a bye week. He will be sporadic due to the nature of the offense the Vikes will be running. I doubt he'll get very many 20 carry games, if any.

Last year there was only one game where Westbrook or any feature back on the Eagles had 20 carries during the season...most of the time the # of touches was ~12. Taylor and MeMo (& others) will split carries and I wouldn't be surprised if neither one of them surpasses 20 carries the whole season. Fantasy football is a different animal. Don't let your emotional attachments dictate who you keep or trade.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    I would pick up C. Taylor for an RB on a bye week. He will be sporadic due to the nature of the offense the Vikes will be running. I doubt he'll get very many 20 carry games, if any.

Last year there was only one game where Westbrook or any feature back on the Eagles had 20 carries during the season...most of the time the # of touches was ~12. Taylor and MeMo (& others) will split carries and I wouldn't be surprised if neither one of them surpasses 20 carries the whole season. Fantasy football is a different animal. Don't let your emotional attachments dictate who you keep or trade.
    There's the common perception he will be used like Westbrook.

Westbrook gets his touches through runs and passes in that offense.

Last year they played from behind a great deal of the time which will reduce the touches a back gets.

With the potential our line shows and a fullback who can block ( that's how Priest Holmes and Jackson got all those yards) Taylor should do quite well.

But in this system there may be better fantasy backs to aquire as you pointed out.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i dont know about how much yards/td's he'll get.. cant wait to see what he's made of

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

I would consider him in a later round...if you are going to trade for him, i wouldnt do it until after the preseason, after we see a glimpse....

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I would take him in a heartbeat. He's going to surprise a lot of people this year. The only reason I would be hesitant is for his TDs. I think he'll get you what you want for yardage but it's the TDs I'm not sure about. I think they will be using C4 for the goal line chances. That's only my theory though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12