josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

Bush and Gore take same week off

Here's a quick run down of the teams' bye weeks, and some of the key players and backups who will be off then. This is from Scott Engel (ESPN). Notice that week 10 is not a bye week this year, so there are 6 teams on a bye week in both week 6 and 7.

Oh, the title refers to both Reggie Bush and Frank Gore having byes in week 7.

BYE WEEKS
    Week 3: Dallas, Kansas City, Oakland, San Diego
    Week 4: Denver, N.Y. Giants, Pittsburgh, Tampa Bay
    Week 5: Atlanta, Cincinnati, Seattle, Houston
    Week 6: Cleveland, Green Bay, Indianapolis, Minnesota, New England, Jacksonville
    Week 7: Chicago, Tennessee, St. Louis, New Orleans, San Francisco, Baltimore
    Week 8: Buffalo, Detroit, Miami, Washington
    Week 9: N.Y. Jets, Philadelphia, Arizona, Carolina

• In Week 3, two of the top three running backs (Larry Johnson, LaDainian Tomlinson) are off, as is top 10 RB LaMont Jordan. If you have any two of those three in a keeper or dynasty league, be ready to field a solid duo of alternatives early in the season. Terrell Owens and Randy Moss will also be unavailable. You'll have a weakened crew of WRs in Week 3 if you pair them with Eddie Kennison or Keenan McCardell in your starting lineup. The two top tight ends, Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzalez, will also be off. If you draft Owens or Moss, be aware that you could lose two of your top two offensive players in the same week if you also land Gates or Gonzalez.

• In Week 4, Jake Plummer, Eli Manning and Ben Roethlisberger are off, so be aware you may need another QB if you draft a combination of two of those three. Drafting a Tiki Barber/Carnell Williams backfield looks good overall, but leaves you without your top two starters for one game. Willie Parker and Tatum Bell are flex options that won't fit for a week if you draft Barber or Cadillac. Be aware that receivers Javon Walker, Rod Smith, Plaxico Burress, Hines Ward and Joey Galloway will also rest the same week.

• Fantasy owners will be without Shaun Alexander, Rudi Johnson and Domanick Davis in Week 5. Obviously, Warrick Dunn and T.J. Duckett are not recommended as your first options for reserves. Matt Hasselbeck and Carson Palmer are also off, so owners of those two QBs should consider passing on David Carr as a later-round reserve. Week 5 is another important one to remember for receivers, as Darrell Jackson and Andre Johnson will also be off. Of major note will be the absences of Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh. If you grab Johnson early, and pair him with a Seattle receiver such as Jackson or Nate Burleson, you could be left with two holes at receiver for one week. You should also not draft Jerramy Stevens as a backup to Alge Crumpler.

• In Week 6, the two top fantasy QBs (Peyton Manning, Brady) are both off, and you obviously should try to nab a backup other than Brett Favre, Brad Johnson or Byron Leftwich. Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne will both be unavailable, and Donald Driver will also be off. No elite RBs will be off, but a handful of good No. 2 RBs/flex backs (Joseph Addai, Chester Taylor, etc.) will be off, so be judicious when selecting RBs in leagues where you can start more than two.

• In Week 7, Marc Bulger and Drew Brees are the only possible surefire starting QBs who are off. Try to avoid backing them up with Billy Volek or Steve McNair. Steven Jackson has the week off, and you'll have to be very aware of his his possible backup pool, which is depleted by the scheduling. Pairing or backing up Jackson with one of the following RBs could leave you hurting at RB in Week 7: Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson, Reggie Bush, Jamal Lewis, Chris Brown and Frank Gore. Torry Holt is off, and you'll have to plan ahead if you want to avoid having your No. 2 receiver unavailable as well. Muhsin Muhammad, David Givens and Derrick Mason are among a few receivers who aren't the most ideal options as starters next to Holt. Don't draft Zachary Hilton or Joe Klopfenstein to back up Todd Heap.

• Three top RBs will be off in Week 8. Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee and Ronnie Brown will be unavailable, and Kevin Jones isn't the ideal No. 2 RB to use with any of the three. Daunte Culpepper and Jon Kitna will require another backup if you draft them as a combo. Santana Moss and Chris Chambers will be off, and Lee Evans or Roy Williams aren't the ideal No. 2 receivers to play alongside Moss or Chambers. Marcus Pollard should not be drafted as a backup to Chris Cooley or Randy McMichael.

• Before you consider drafting Brian Westbrook in the second round to pair with Edgerrin James, remember that they are both off in Week 9. Be aware of of the similar ramifications when drafting DeShaun Foster with James. Donovan McNabb, Kurt Warner and Jake Delhomme all have the same week off, so you will need another QB for a week if you draft any two of the three as your QB duo. Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin all have the same bye week, so plan accordingly if you own two of those three in a keeper or dynasty league. Laveranues Coles and Reggie Brown aren't the ideal backups. If L.J. Smith becomes your starting tight end, don't pick rookie Leonard Pope of the Cardinals as his backup.

Prophet Guest

Re: Bush and Gore take same week off

Nice. Awesome title, that one threw me.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Bush and Gore's "song":

Secret Lovers

(Bush)
    Here we are, just the two of us together
    Takin' this crazy chance to be all alone
    We both know that we should not be together
    ‘Cause if we’re found out, it could mess up
    Both our happy homes
    (Gore)
    I hate to think about us all meetin' up together
    ‘Cause as soon as I look at you it will show on my face, yeah
    Then they’ll know that we’ve been loving each other
    We can’t let ‘em know, no, no, no
    We can’t leave a trace

(Both)
    Secret lovers, yeah, that’s what we are
    We shouldn't be together
    But we can’t let go, no, no
    ‘Cause we love each other so
    Ooh…ooh…

(Bush)
    Sittin’ at home, I do nothin’ all day
    But I think about you and hope that you’re okay
    Hopin’ you’ll call before anyone gets home
    I wait anxiously alone by the phone
    (Gore)
    How could something so wrong be so right
    I wish we didn’t have to keep our love out of sight, yeah
    Livin' two lives just ain’t easy at all
    But we gotta hang on in there or fall

(Both)
    Tryin’ so hard to hide the way we feel
    ‘Cause we both belong to someone else
    But we can’t let go
    ‘Cause what we feel is, oh, so real
    So real, so real

(Both)
    You and me, are we fair
    Is this cruel or do we care
    Can they tell what’s in our minds
    Maybe they’ve had secret loves all of the time

(Gore)
    In the middle of makin' love we notice the time
    We both get nervous ‘cause it’s way after nine
    (Bush)
    Even though we hate it, we know it’s time that we go
    We gotta be careful so that no one will know

(Both)
    Tryin’ so hard to hide the way we feel
    ‘Cause we both belong to someone else
    But we can’t let go
    ‘Cause what we feel is, oh, so real
    So real, so real
    So real, so real
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    I figured most people got used to the fake Bush titles as the draft approached, but the opportunity to match him up with Gore was one I couldn't pass up.

ChiTownVike is offline Hall of Famer

"josdin00" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I figured most people got used to the fake Bush titles as the draft approached, but the opportunity to match him up with Gore was one I couldn't pass up.
    I got fooled too. This is good info though for the fanasty people (PP.O Yahoo League Draft FRIDAY) who should not draft 2 QB's with the same bye week

Thank you Josdin for the sig

Prophet Guest

"josdin00" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    No, definitely not. Great info. for the FFers.