Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    GALLY is offline Starter

Re: Bernard Berrian vs Sidney Rice

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Tough call, I will go with Berrian, he has a better track record and though I think Rice has the potential to be a superstar, I think it will be a couple of years be for he really starts putting up numbers.

If I get the number 1 overall I will probably have to take Peterson. Anyone agree/disagree?
    Agree.
    Not even with purple shades on.
    The league I play in is skewed towards RBs anyway.
    Assuming LDT is healthy I don't know how you pass him up with the first pick?
    Turner is gone so there is nobody to take touches away and Peterson still has Tayler taking touches away.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"GALLY" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Tough call, I will go with Berrian, he has a better track record and though I think Rice has the potential to be a superstar, I think it will be a couple of years be for he really starts putting up numbers.

If I get the number 1 overall I will probably have to take Peterson. Anyone agree/disagree?
    Agree.
    Turner is gone so there is nobody to take touches away and Peterson still has Tayler taking touches away.
    Because most RBs improve in their second year.
    I honestly expect AD to have a better year than LT.
    The Chargers have a decent passing offense to take time away from LT, and we don't.
    We are absolutely a run first team, who will throw the ball when necessary to keep teams honest.
    The Chargers can go either way.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

GALLY is offline Starter

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "GALLY" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

Agree.
    The Chargers have a decent passing offense to take time away from LT, and we don't.
    We are absolutely a run first team, who will throw the ball when necessary to keep teams honest.
    True, however I think having a passing option helps the RB put up numbers because teams can't stack the line.
    Last year AD surprised some defenses but with 9-10 in the box it will be harder to run for him.
    I still see him having a good year but for the #1 pick I think you go the safer known route when it comes to fantasy football.

In my opinion, the first couple rounds don't win the league for you but if you pick the wrong guy you are done.
    Safe early and take upside guys late and hope they pan out.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"GALLY" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "GALLY" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

Agree.
    True, however I think having a passing option helps the RB put up numbers because teams can't stack the line.
    Last year AD surprised some defenses but with 9-10 in the box it will be harder to run for him.
    I still see him having a good year but for the #1 pick I think you go the safer known route when it comes to fantasy football.

In my opinion, the first couple rounds don't win the league for you but if you pick the wrong guy you are done.
    Safe early and take upside guys late and hope they pan out.
    That is very true.
    I tend to be a risk taker though especially with the number 1 pick when I have it.
    All to often people go the safe route and it just doesn't pan out for them.
    A couple of years ago I saw Alexander (the safest choice ) go number 1, and he put up a horrible year.
    If you have a 16 team league, it can be another 31 picks before you get to go again, so most of the quality players are gone!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

"jmcdon00" wrote:

I believe LT's days as the automatic first pick of the draft are over.
    It is now AD.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingivan" wrote:
    Will Berrian be drafted ahead of Rice in your fantasy football league?
    Or vice versa?
    Which rounds do you think they will go in?
    I believe Rice has better potential, but Berrian is a little more proven.
    I think I would pick Rice ahead of Berrian.
    Agree or disagree.
    Berrian! For sure.
    The guy will be the No 1.

Unless you are in a FFL that is made up of a lot of MN Homers, you might have someone take a chance on Rice.
    We don't even know if Rice is a 2 or 3 at this point.
    We will see where they are playing in the preseason, until then I will stick with BB over SR.

If you are in a yahoo league, Berrian for sure.
    People will be like "Rice who, didn't know he came out of retirement."

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

like others said, it really depends if your league gives a lot of points for yardage etc, Berrian will almost assuredly have more yards, but i can definatly see Rice developing into the go-to-guy in the red zone

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

Rice in scoring leagues Berrian in yardage leagues, and they wont go tell the later rounds

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Bernie will go higher based on name alone, Rice will be a sleeper in most drafts

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

No...I agree with an earlier post. About QB throwning the ball.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast