Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Anyone Doubt This Ownership Group?

gregair13 wrote:
    We just put all our chips on the table for two hall of fame players at the end of their careers looking for a Superbowl. If it works, they are genius. If it doesn't work, we are hooped.
    Why?

Because we can't draft talent? Seems to be a pretty good effort by the scouting staff and FO pukes in that area.

Because we won't add FA talent when needed? Seem to do this when the staff say they need it.

This team will not fold at the end of the year if we don't win. They will just fix what went wrong.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet wrote:
    lmao. Caine, you are losing it! The Meathead is such a great coach that the year his contract wasn't renewed he got a grand total of 0 offers as HC when there were six openings. There have been countless openings and how many teams were beating down the door to hire Tice as their HC? I'll help you out. Zero.

Regarding the Fire Childress crowd, most are morons that couldn't beat themselves out of a wet paper bag. This ownership group is doing more, by an order of magnitude, than any other group that has managed the Vikings since their inception. If they feel Childress is not getting the job done and a better candidate comes along then I have no doubt that they will hire the better candidate.

I am just thankful that Al Gore invented the Internet so many of the moronic fans can be sequestered in cyberspace. That's a good thing.
    Your omnipotent presence is sorely missed of late.

Excellent post my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine wrote:
    Follow the logic, P.

Caine
    All I have to do is follow his career and gander at the coaches that have had multiple chances in this league and still failed and I will see that he has done nothing but fail everyplace he's been, except when Denny kept him under control.

Look, I found ole Meathead entertaining. But he flat out couldn't coach, didn't know squat about how to match talent to scheme and was jobbed by the press every chance they got.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    BleedinPandG wrote:
    Fire Childress?

My guess is that anyone who still has a beef with what the Vikings are doing is deadset on removing him for whatever various reasons they've made up in their feable minds.
    I'm so over the "Fire Childress" crowd. Remembering of course that I was on that bandwagon for a short time.

Although I hold the "Wimpy" approach to camp against him, he has done the things I expect a HC to do.....

a. Keep the FO pukes advised of player issues related to supporting his scheme.

b. Gives his coaching staff the lattitude to coach the players. I still marvel at the youngsters who come in off the bench for starters that go down with very little drop off.

I am sure he went to the FO pukes when they told him about El Syd and said, hey, get me another guy (item a) and I bet that his coaching staff get ole 84 ramped up faster than I think they will (item b).....

Fire Childress. Really. What for?
    That's funny...

Let's turn a blind eye to the fact that Chiller's lack of ability to develop the QB HE chose led to the acquisition (A nice way of saying "Begged him to unretire) of YOUR favorite player.

Let's ignore the fact that Chiller's inability to call plays, despite his insistence upon doing so, almost lead to his firing (Or so many believe)...and were it not for Peterson exploding on the NFL (Who knew?) after he'd handed play calling off to Bevell (So he had a convenient scape goat) saved his bacon.

Let's completely forget his fantastic "coaching" ability...like how he gets his team UP for big games, his clock management, and his incredible scheming which fosters the brilliant and diverse play calling (Now THAT'S a lot of sarcasm).

Sure, Chiller's done some things right...I just happen to believe that a lot of other coaches would have done better. IN fact, I happen to believe that given the same opportunities, Tice would have done better.

Caine
    All opinions related to you......

You have no idea if TJ is ready.

Proph did a damn fine job on a thread about play calling that disputes your opinion.

I'll give ya the "Team Readiness" issue. I still hold that against him, just promised Proph I wouldn't ping on it this year.

Truth of the matter is, through the support of the Ownership Group, the front office and the 20 some odd coaches on this teams efforts, this team is better each and every year and is far from the kindof team we were forced to watch under the last regime.
    I think that is a very important point when looking at franchises that are successful in the long haul. It starts at the top and involves a lot of pieces that all work together.

I think the ownership group has done a great job, especially for being new to this business. They are learning as they go and depend on everyone in the organization to help them make the right decisions. Childress is a very big part of who they get advice from as our others.

As long as this group stays committed to winning without putting in a lot of restrictions, I think we will be competitive for a long time.

On the Chilly side, as I think Prophet mentioned earlier, if the ownership group feels Childress is preventing them from reaching their goals, I have no doubt that they will replace him. Until then, I have to believe they feel this guy can help them reach their goal which is undoubtedly winning a SB or he wouldn't be here.

tastywaves wrote:
    I think that is a very important point when looking at franchises that are successful in the long haul. It starts at the top and involves a lot of pieces that all work together.

I think the ownership group has done a great job, especially for being new to this business. They are learning as they go and depend on everyone in the organization to help them make the right decisions. Childress is a very big part of who they get advice from as our others.

As long as this group stays committed to winning without putting in a lot of restrictions, I think we will be competitive for a long time.

On the Chilly side, as I think Prophet mentioned earlier, if the ownership group feels Childress is preventing them from reaching their goals, I have no doubt that they will replace him. Until then, I have to believe they feel this guy can help them reach their goal which is undoubtedly winning a SB or he wouldn't be here.
    Another Tasty quality post.

One day you and I will meet, suds a few and talk ball my friend. First 8 or so are on me.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:

Another Tasty quality post.

One day you and I will meet, suds a few and talk ball my friend. First 8 or so are on me.
    I never pass up a free beer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123